Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 370 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:40 AM Last edited by Boosterbear : 12th Aug 2018 at 2:35 AM.
Default No more "g*psy" matchmaker
I'm looking for a mod that changes the name of the "g*psy matchmaker" to just "matchmaker" in order to keep what many consider a slur out of my game.

EDIT: I'd rather have some advice and tips on finding the mod than any disgreement over whether or not it's a Romani slur, thank you.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 4:24 AM
Was there a specific instance of the word you were thinking of? In my game she generally is given a regular first and last name rather than being called "Gypsy Matchmaker" or anything like that, and in the service phone book she is "Matchmaking Service". The only instances of "gypsy" I can find are in a chance card, the catalog description of Love Potion #8.5, and a pie menu option of a cheat object.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 11:05 AM Last edited by shastakiss : 12th Aug 2018 at 12:26 PM.
I have a matchmakernamefix wip I started in April but got stuck at some point. Let me see if I've learned enough in the last few months to finish it

edited to ask @kestrellyn if it's not too much trouble, could you please tell me which chance card? I missed that :/
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 7:42 PM Last edited by kestrellyn : 12th Aug 2018 at 9:03 PM.
It's the Multiregional Sim of Some Question (Adventurer track, forget what level) chance card. Did you find other instances of the word that I didn't?