Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 2:31 AM
Default frontier type hood
Flat grass-land, dry rocky mountains. NO TOWNIES. dirt roads (I know this requires a default) - but they need to be NOT the typical town/suburb, just one long, winding main road, and some shorter ones

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 1:08 PM
Hmm, if you don't want to make your own hood, try searching the other existing hood maps out there for the landscape and then, if the terrain isn't right, there's default grass terrains out there to help get you the look you want.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 2:35 PM
What about the Strangetown terrain?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 6:47 PM Last edited by grammapat : 14th Sep 2019 at 8:21 PM.
Default Ps
Phantom: hood-terrain mods interfere with road-replacement mods (and a dirt road is most important). I did wind up using Strangetown (for the single main road), with it's desert terrain. But had to do some adjustments - taking out the "crash crater" , but adding more mountains. Still doesn't look right; even with careful modeling, it doesn't look like bumpy, ROCKY desert.

PS: boy it sure is difficult (impossible?) to find..
A desert terrain replacement that fixes Maxis spotted one, but is not too red...
A horizon mod that matches..
A lot terrain "paint" that matches!
And dirt/sand /rock ROAD default for desert and dirt hood terrain...which apparently CAN'T BE DONE! They don't WORK if you have a hood terrain default replacement.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..