Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7476 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 9:46 AM
I often have couples in the Welcome Wagon. It happens to be one of my favourite features too!
And if they are mean and poking my sims around, they will be asked to leave
Advertisement
Inventor
#7477 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 1:55 PM
It's always fun to me if one particular sim ends up showing up for many of the Welcome Wagon visits. I can't remember who it was for my current hood but one of the guys made the rounds when things were just getting started. Not too many Welcome Wagons happen anymore, as most everybody has met everybody else at one time or another.
Forum Resident
#7478 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
It's always fun to me if one particular sim ends up showing up for many of the Welcome Wagon visits. I can't remember who it was for my current hood but one of the guys made the rounds when things were just getting started. Not too many Welcome Wagons happen anymore, as most everybody has met everybody else at one time or another.

{Laughs at myself} I thought you were going to say "Not many Welcome Wagons happen anymore, because now no one wants to know their neighbors", but then realized you were still talking about in the game itself. Do any communities still have actual Welcome Wagons?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Inventor
#7479 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 2:49 PM
I dunno. I think if a group of strangers showed up at my door after I had just moved in, I'd probably hide until they went away because strangers make me incredibly anxious
Top Secret Researcher
#7480 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
I dunno. I think if a group of strangers showed up at my door after I had just moved in, I'd probably hide until they went away because strangers make me incredibly anxious

Heck, even my friends know not to come by unannounced/unplanned.
Top Secret Researcher
#7481 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 7:55 AM
I was very shocked hearing the pregnant melody when I definitely wasn't planning for anyone to have children. I guess I discovered one of ACRs many functions! But that's okay, they're in paradise after all. It wasn't a part of my plan but... I'm going to make it work!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#7482 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 8:47 AM
Let's hope that the arm deformity isn't hereditary. XD

What is that dark skin? It's so hard to find dark skins without pixellation.
Scholar
#7483 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 9:35 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 4th Sep 2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Number Approximation
Default Too many Sims
I just found that my computer can play at 1 frame every 5 seconds
Why is it so slow you may ask?
100+ Sims active on one lot.
my previous computer crashed at 50 or so and this one is also not a gaming laptop (I really thrash my machines sometimes).
photo to come when I remember how to post it
Top Secret Researcher
#7484 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Let's hope that the arm deformity isn't hereditary. XD

LOL! I didn't even notice!
What is that dark skin? It's so hard to find dark skins without pixellation.

It's the "Darker" skin in my Ephemera MoreColorful SimpleSkin recolors, linked in my signature.

It has a little bit of pixellation though, but you only see it if you really look for it. I think it looks great. There's an even darker skin called "Darkest", and that is unfortunately a bit more pixellated. I wish I knew how to make it not like that.

Mad Poster
#7485 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 11:36 AM
In an ancient hood, I had a lot of trees dropping leaves, being fall in that particular hood.
I found that with the MOO hack, I can just delete the piles and not make the poor pixel on the lot endlessly rake them.

But they don't cost any money, which is a shame. Fires do much better when ashes are deleted.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#7486 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 7:24 PM
How many dead parents there are mostly the three base game neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
#7487 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I often have couples in the Welcome Wagon. It happens to be one of my favourite features too!
And if they are mean and poking my sims around, they will be asked to leave

======
Nicer than me. I wish there was a way to shoot them. And those trash-kickers! And that adult creep that keeps following my teen girl around! Yes, I have a gun. And an axe. Umm I mean my SIM has them. But you can't kill other playables. Bummer

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#7488 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
======
Nicer than me. I wish there was a way to shoot them. And those trash-kickers! And that adult creep that keeps following my teen girl around! Yes, I have a gun. And an axe. Umm I mean my SIM has them. But you can't kill other playables. Bummer

Simwardrobe has an assault rifle. You can pretty much kill anyone with it, it's awesome.
https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...imwardrobe.com/

I've had problems with it lately though, jump errors. I think I have a mod conflict... as usual. :/ But it worked great before!

Instructor
#7489 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 2:19 AM
I discovered that when a Sim has a secondary aspiration and is in aspiration failure, they can trigger the animation for either of their aspirations (not just the primary one).
Mad Poster
#7490 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 3:49 AM
Pideli: Yes, I have that rifle, and a crate of axes ("Stand still now, I'm going to bury an axe in your forhead"). You can kill townies, or people in your own household (What kind of monster do you think I am!!"). But if you "kill" another playable, they get right back up. Doesn't seem to bother them, doesn't even make them mad.

Alchemist
#7491 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 7:28 PM
I guess I don't do gardens beyond edibles much... I didn't realize there were bees in the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#7492 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Pideli: Yes, I have that rifle, and a crate of axes ("Stand still now, I'm going to bury an axe in your forhead"). You can kill townies, or people in your own household (What kind of monster do you think I am!!"). But if you "kill" another playable, they get right back up. Doesn't seem to bother them, doesn't even make them mad.

I also have that problem now but I was able to kill playables before. I know that for a fact. So you may have a mod conflict like me.

Mad Poster
#7493 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I guess I don't do gardens beyond edibles much... I didn't realize there were bees in the game.

Your sims have never been chased by bees?
Mad Poster
#7494 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I also have that problem now but I was able to kill playables before. I know that for a fact. So you may have a mod conflict like me.

=
OH OH! You know you can't do it anymore because of a conflict? Can you tell me more? Wish someone else would voice their experience.

Mad Poster
#7495 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 2:07 AM
Quote:

You are making the 'victim' playable when your pixel kills them, aren't you? Because if you don't do that, they will 'revive' right away and the murder will go uncompleted.
It's not a mod conflict that way-they don't die because they're not controlled. You can't do it to any uncontrollable pixel, and have it take effect with all of the bells and whistles, including old Grimmy sliding into the scene.
I've found that the most effective place to do the dirty deed is in the cemetery so you don't have too many witnesses, and you can take care of the urn quickly before anyone finds the pxiel's died..

Sorry, but my inner mass murderer had to speak up..I've done this a few times, as you can see.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#7496 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 5:52 AM
I discovered sim kids can buy items from owned businesses. I did the basic sell to the kid and it looked like my sim rustled his hair after. It was so cute

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Mad Poster
#7497 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 6:32 AM
FranH: very helpful advice. Confirms that you CAN'T kill other playables...unless you make them "playable"..but I thought this was not a good idea except for a short-term thing (like grabbing the nanny and changing her ridiculous hair). And if I did as you suggest, what happens when I enter the dear departed house? Does it say "your sim has died on another lot"? When a person dies on their own lot, and you move the grave (to a graveyard), that's the message you get, which doesn't make any sense.

Mad Poster
#7498 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 9:38 AM
It should say that-if there's nobody living there at the time. Likewise, if you 'summon' them via the teleporter bush the same message should pop up.
Usually when it happens that a pixel dies alone, the message will be different. Sorry, but I can't remember that one, except that it contains something philosophical about life and death.
That's only for the natural deaths, of course. We were talking about murders.

Mad Poster
#7499 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It should say that-if there's nobody living there at the time. Likewise, if you 'summon' them via the teleporter bush the same message should pop up.
Usually when it happens that a pixel dies alone, the message will be different. Sorry, but I can't remember that one, except that it contains something philosophical about life and death.
That's only for the natural deaths, of course. We were talking about murders.

The Grim Reaper has several different comments if the last sim on a lot dies, ranging from a lecture on how Sims 2 is supposed to be a LIFE simulator to death's star sign and dating profile. XD
Theorist
#7500 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 3:57 PM
The making them selectable to kill them should cause no more problems than, for example, inviting them over and having them drown in the pool or having your party guests burn in an out of control fire.
The gravestone is now on the lot of the active household and if the Sim was the last inhabitant of their household then you won't be ab le to enter the lot in Live Mode, only in Build/Buy Mode, just like when a family dies out.
If there are still Sims in the household of the murdered Sim then you should get the message "Sim X has died on another lot" message when you load it up next time.

The Grim Reaper has several different comments if the last sim on a lot dies, ranging from a lecture on how Sims 2 is supposed to be a LIFE simulator to death's star sign and dating profile. XD

He prefers a maiden on a pale horse to one in an over-sized SUV, and you should bring friends for the other Riders of the Apocalypse.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 300 of 445