Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7501 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 5:36 PM
Or have your cowplant eat them?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7502 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It should say that-if there's nobody living there at the time. Likewise, if you 'summon' them via the teleporter bush the same message should pop up.
Usually when it happens that a pixel dies alone, the message will be different. Sorry, but I can't remember that one, except that it contains something philosophical about life and death.
That's only for the natural deaths, of course. We were talking about murders.

========
"It should say that {died on another lot} " if they actually DID die on some lot other than their own, and no one else lives in their own lot? I don't think I've ever seen that. And I get that message if they died on their own lot, and other people live there, and their grave is sent somewhere else (like the graveyard) - that's why the message doesn't make sense. Are you saying that there is a difference between natural death & murder, as far as the "message" it generates? And the original issue was whether a playable sim can be killed when NOT on his own lot; answer is NO?
ALSO I've never seen a sim die on another lot; they"ve gotten hit by lightning, or caught in a fire (community lot or as walk-by in another lot) but they just go home, a bit singed. Thoughts?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#7503 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Your sims have never been chased by bees?
Only on a vacation lot after a tour where they got the bad outcome on a chance card. I've never seen bees in the game anywhere else. Butterflies and fire fly's are the only bugs I've ever seen as I've never had a sim messy enough to have roaches either.
Alchemist
#7504 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 1:59 AM
Oh, yeah, I forgot that they can be chased by bees, because, no, I've never seen it, but I remember when I modded all the poems for the magic spells to use plain English that there was one that mentioned that... but no, I only just saw the bees for the first time when I happened to zoom in on a lot where I had planted flowers, something I very rarely do. It was a reno of the Kat house, so it may have already had bees. It definitely already had butterflies, even though I took it from the game template without the sims and cleaned the heck out of it with SimPE, the butterflies were there when I first opened it in build mode.
Mad Poster
#7505 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 8:23 AM
My nature loving sims go hiking and sometimes, they are chased by bees, even if they don't have any flowers
Scholar
#7506 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 12:58 PM
If a sim dies while giving the headmaster a tour of their house the tour ends, learned this the hard way when Jennifer burb died trying to get her granddaughters into private school.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#7507 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 9:21 PM Last edited by Vss2eip : 8th Sep 2019 at 10:05 PM.
A few discoveries.
*Toddlers can stand up and watch the dog pen from Apartment Life and the animation looks kinda weird.
*Vacation mementos spread like wildfire, since I went from two people knowing how to slap dance and chest pound to the entire neighborhood.
*First time I experienced a glitch where the entire lot completely froze. I could still click any object and music from the radios was still playing, but time was frozen as well as all the Sims. I enabled testingcheatsenabled and immediately got hit by an error (Smart Milk Controller of all things). Resetting it didn't remove the error, but deleting it not only removed it but unfroze the lot as well.
*A tree can burn down to ashes from a lightning strike. This unfortunately happened on an apartment lot, which means the landlord is perpetually stuck during his working hours trying to sweep the ashes he can't reach (and I can't moveobjects it). Interestingly, but not surprisingly, the tree is still there for the other households in the apartment (since it didn't burn down for them).
Field Researcher
#7508 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
*A tree can burn down to ashes from a lightning strike. This unfortunately happened on an apartment lot, which means the landlord is perpetually stuck during his working hours trying to sweep the ashes he can't reach (and I can't moveobjects it). Interestingly, but not surprisingly, the tree is still there for the other households in the apartment (since it didn't burn down for them).

I have had this happen. Use boolprop cheatsenabled true and use it to delete the ashes.
Top Secret Researcher
#7509 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 3:50 AM
Or use boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false
Then you can delete the ashes with moveobjects.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Field Researcher
#7510 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 4:16 AM
To be honest, I never play The Sims with free will turned on. And every time I turn it on, I'm proven right. Recently, I'm discovering...

1. Sims LOVE music and never, ever turn it off if you have a radio or stereo.
2. Toddlers will wander out the front door, and I'm not sure why because I didn't catch him in time to read his queue.
3. So many baby bottles! LOL! Why? Why so many baby bottles? He's full already. Stahp!
4. Unlike most, I do like Servo's "Do Chores", because it reminds me of his Sims 1 functionality.
5. I just discovered the toddler dance interaction. It's cute.

Also... Brandi Broke has no newspaper and can't afford a computer. So much for a job, eh? At least until tomorrow.
Top Secret Researcher
#7511 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 4:19 AM
My sims would die if I played without free will because I usually play with too many sims. I need the computer's help.

Mad Poster
#7512 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 5:58 AM
I discovered the vacation points system today! One of the pixels who'd been on a vacation went to a community lot and they popped up. I don't know why they came at that time, but they were interesting. I chose the ones that used them to be more productive and happy.
I have no idea how they're supposed to work, though..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#7513 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 8:09 AM
I stumbled upon a way to not have a sim's gravestone disappear when they're the only sim living in an apt. I have the mod to stop the loss entirely mind you, but in this case Matthew Hart was on a date with Nina Caliente. I was controlling her too at Matthew's apt since I was hoping for a risky woohoo pregnancy. Well Matthew died unexpectedly from the flu that's been going around my normal hood. Since I was controlling Nina, he got his urn and I was able to use send his grave to the proper cemetery before uncontrolling Nina, saving, and leaving the apt.

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Instructor
#7514 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 1:10 AM
Two things this time.
*CAS music can apparently play in Buy Mode? I've never seen this until now.
*Romance elder Sims can roll a want to get a facelift.
Top Secret Researcher
#7515 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 4:20 PM
Apparently Elders can have the "Have a party" fear. I thought it was exclusive to toddlers.

Scholar
#7516 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Apparently Elders can have the "Have a party" fear. I thought it was exclusive to toddlers.
I've always thought rolling that fear was related to a sim being shy. I've had shy sims of all ages roll that fear.

This is more of a rediscovering than a totally new thing but I just really noticed how funny Sim tv is. The music videos especially are really hilarious.
Mad Poster
#7517 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 5:19 PM
Well, for elders the next birthday party is with the Grim Reaper.
Instructor
#7518 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 2:16 AM
I discovered that there is a "Had 30 Best Friends" memory. I was looking through one of my Sim's memories and found it, and it turns out he has 37 best friends in total actually. He also rolled a want to have 5 best friend service Sims which I've also never seen before. Funnily though, he also rolled a want to be friends with himself. Ironic; he could befriend others, but not himself. Won't be so funny when my hood implodes.
Inventor
#7519 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well, for elders the next birthday party is with the Grim Reaper.

If they're lucky, it involves a Mai-Tai and Hula Dancers.
Top Secret Researcher
#7520 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
I discovered that there is a "Had 30 Best Friends" memory. I was looking through one of my Sim's memories and found it, and it turns out he has 37 best friends in total actually. He also rolled a want to have 5 best friend service Sims which I've also never seen before. Funnily though, he also rolled a want to be friends with himself. Ironic; he could befriend others, but not himself. Won't be so funny when my hood implodes.

Remove the invalid relationships with self with hood checker. I have that too, and I suspect it comes from insimenator, but maybe not. Have you used it to alter relationships?

Instructor
#7521 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 11:40 AM
@Pideli, I don't have the Insimenator. The only time I've altered a relationship is when I used SimPE to fix a bizarre issue where one of my Sims was tagged as being married (and not related) to some of their relatives (but not the other way around). Despite that, the Sim still received family-related memories from them and the family tree wasn't broken in any way.

The problem with Hoodchecker is that, although I remove the errors it finds regularly, they seem to regenerate after each play session, which is what makes me think that the path of doom is already set.
Mad Poster
#7522 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 1:40 PM
Think of those memories as dust. Nothing has to be wrong for your things to get dusty, and every time you dust the house, more dust starts accumulating immediately. The only way to prevent this is to go to a great deal of trouble to create conditions and protocols for maintaining a sterile and dust-free environment, which is extremely fragile - one breach of protocol is enough to ruin a surgical theater or a clean room for the production of precision tech. No one would try to live in a house maintained to that standard. Even people with extreme sensitivity to environmental allergens and toxins don't live in houses maintained at that level of cleanliness, but in personal bubbles that carry the clean environment with them, and very inconvenient it is, too. Everybody else dusts periodically, to a level of cleanliness suitable to their circumstances and personal tolerances, and doesn't worry about it.

So running Hood Checker once a month, or once per rotation, or after every game session, or after every routine backup, is part of game housekeeping, just as dusting your house once a week, or once a month, or right before you have company, is part of normal housekeeping.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#7523 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 7:35 PM
In Riverside, Charles Brooklyn was on the left side of his house, triming the bushes I have put all around (I like "torturing"... um... I meant giving my sims a lot of things to do ) and Nina Caliente passed by. I had forgotten that when I was playing Nina's household, she had met Charles, they have 2 bolts and they had become BFFs by talking on the phone.
Charles saw her passing and he did something I've never seeing happening: "Greet from far away" (iirc, that was what the little icon on my screen said). He did an animation like some crazy dance, jumping all around and he screamed "woohoo!" . I almost fell of my chair laughing because he was so loud, I suppose not only Nina heard him but maybe every other sim in Riverside too!
She waited for him and he run to her, she gave him a "friendly hug", he hugged her romantically and another... cheater was born
Mad Poster
#7524 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 8:25 PM
I suppose I wasn't properly "playing" yet, more fighting with my computer and with the game, but I discovered that what had been causing the mysterious scalp disease in my previous installation of the game on my old laptop was a hair recolour. I did not know recolours could affect anything beyond themselves, but after the arduous task of doing a 50/50 on my TS2 Downloads folder (copied over from my old broken laptop), I narrowed the issue down to a recolour of a CC hair. The good news is now all my sims can happily be bald or have any of the various hairstyles that expose parts of the scalp without looking awful.
Lab Assistant
#7525 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 1:29 AM
Things I discovered after reinstalling the game a month ago:

- Ctrl+O Performance and Ctrl+U UI debugging dialogs by accident.
- Shift+(key left to backspace) quickly expands or collapses the Ctrl+Shift+C console.
- Ctrl+F seems to force crash the game for me.

- "Where did it go?" reaction if you delete an item a Sim was constantly using.
- "Apartment door gone" thought bubble if you delete a sims' apartment door.
- Only adult servos can Run Amok.
- The servo repair interaction is very rarely autonomous.
- Servos even go swimming through pools to reach the mail box for charging when they're low on power and there's no other path.
- Servos dressed like normal Sims really trigger my uncanny valley due to their voice and I really want to kill them.
- Smiting servos in quick succession with the bat box actually _kills_ (not just amoks) them, especially if you have 20 in a swimming pool searching for a ladder.
Page 301 of 445