Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Once the site is up again add as much GUID blocks as you want/need. That's what I did.

For people who don't know what their next GUID will be, this tutorial might help: https://youtu.be/Wy6F22qzXG4

Skip the part of the website if you know that already and as it's not available.

Thanx!!! Great idea!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 1:17 PM
The site is up again.

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims
Field Researcher
#128 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 6:56 PM
Hi everyone!
Sorry for up the topic.

I'm coming back to modding and I'm having this error with guid too. I do not remember my login in the SimPE database and checking the site it seems that everything is unnamed and email (I also can not recover the password for the site because it says that the login is wrong). How did you solve this?
we lost the old login and we have to create a new one?

thanks!

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:25 PM
I am getting the same problem as Joandsarah77, where I can submit a registration, but it doesn't send me the email with my password.
I've never made objects before, so I don't have an existing block of guids. I suppose the next best thing is taking some unused ones and hoping no one else picks the same block?

check out my Simblr. Mostly object recolors.
Top Secret Researcher
#130 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Siofra
I am getting the same problem as Joandsarah77, where I can submit a registration, but it doesn't send me the email with my password.
I've never made objects before, so I don't have an existing block of guids. I suppose the next best thing is taking some unused ones and hoping no one else picks the same block?

I wouldn't do that. Or at least when you upload those objects warn people you did that. But there's a reason why the GUID system is there to avoid doubles.
Maybe this can help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XYHjdTo77Y&t=11s

Also maybe you can try to just register for wordpress away from the SimPE site and then with that login, logging in at the SimPE website.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Siofra : 11th Oct 2018 at 2:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I wouldn't do that. Or at least when you upload those objects warn people you did that. But there's a reason why the GUID system is there to avoid doubles.
Maybe this can help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XYHjdTo77Y&t=11s

Also maybe you can try to just register for wordpress away from the SimPE site and then with that login, logging in at the SimPE website.

Thanks for the help, but no, unfortunately neither of those work. I can register for the site just fine; I just never get sent the email containing my password (definitely not in my spam folder, either). And creating a wordpress account did not allow me to log in on Simpe. The SimPE site doesn't even recognize the wordpress username.

I also tried creating a different account/email combo, in Chrome instead of Firefox. Same problem: I never receive the email.

Field Researcher
#132 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:50 AM
Thanks for the help, but no, unfortunately neither of those work. I can register for the site just fine; I just never get sent the email containing my password (definitely not in my spam folder, either). And creating a wordpress account did not allow me to log in on Simpe. The SimPE site doesn't even recognize the wordpress username.

I also tried creating a different account/email combo, in Chrome instead of Firefox. Same problem: I never receive the email.

Siofra this is what Inge send to me by email:

On, 25th sep 2018, Inge Jones <emailhide>:
Hi, the site's not really functional any more. The advice nowadays is to generate a completely random GUID for each object, as this is less likely to accidentally conflict with another object than trying to guess or obtain a block.

I’m using my blocks. But you can random a Hex number, keeping the same amount of GUID digits.

Edit: if you do so tell this in download page

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eletrodj
Siofra this is what Inge send to me by email:

On, 25th sep 2018, Inge Jones <emailhide>:
Hi, the site's not really functional any more. The advice nowadays is to generate a completely random GUID for each object, as this is less likely to accidentally conflict with another object than trying to guess or obtain a block.

I’m using my blocks. But you can random a Hex number, keeping the same amount of GUID digits.

Edit: if you do so tell this in download page

Ah, thank you for that, then. Let's just hope nothing conflicts! :fingers_crossed:

Scholar
#134 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 5:51 AM
Was there a reason why the SimPE website hasn't been handed down to someone who can maintain it? Did @Quaxi choose to retain the logins for the website, or has it been lost?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#135 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Was there a reason why the SimPE website hasn't been handed down to someone who can maintain it? Did @Quaxi choose to retain the logins for the website, or has it been lost?

I think that Quaxi just stopped showing up before he could pass it on.
Top Secret Researcher
#136 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 8:26 PM
I just registered a new username with a gmailaddress and I got an email with the password right away. Though it was in the spamfolder.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 9:01 AM
I figured I would answer back. I was able to create an account. I also used a gmail, and it was in the spam folder as well. The weird thing is I *know* I've checked the spam folder, several times. Today, I had the email show up tonight, but it was dated three days ago? I can only assume there was something weird happening on gmail's end.

Top Secret Researcher
#138 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 10:06 AM
I figured I would answer back. I was able to create an account. I also used a gmail, and it was in the spam folder as well. The weird thing is I *know* I've checked the spam folder, several times. Today, I had the email show up tonight, but it was dated three days ago? I can only assume there was something weird happening on gmail's end.

I had that too once with the spamdolder of gmail. So that might have been it.
Glad it's solved.

Mad Poster
#139 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 11:33 PM

=====
me too..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 2:56 AM
Same email issue persists (at least for me). I was unable to retrieve my Password, despite still having my "Registration on theSimPE Forum" email from Quaxi in 2006.

Whey I try to retrieve my password and it tells me:

"Sorry, that user does not seem to exist in our database. Perhaps you have the wrong username or e-mail address? Try again."

So, I went to Re-Register and then I'm told:

"ERROR: This username is already registered, please choose another one."

I was able to finally Register with a New username, BUT did not receive the Registration Email with my Password.

*I made sure to check my Spam/Junk folder*

Hopefully, it will arrive at some point.

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 12:46 PM
UPDATE: Waited several days, never did get my Password. So, I tried registering again, but with my gmail account and it WORKED!

Seems to me that WordPress doesn't like ISP email addresses for some reason. I believe the fact that I used my ISP email was the Cause of the 'delay' in receiving my Password. Now All is As it Should Be.

*For anyone in the Future who might be having troubles 'Registering', make sure you're NOT using your ISP Email Account.*

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 3:02 PM
The whole site is down agian with 503 error.
Is there a way to let owners know about it? I tried loading the site via WebArchive but it keeps showing 503 error.
Top Secret Researcher
#143 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Influence
The whole site is down agian with 503 error.
Is there a way to let owners know about it? I tried loading the site via WebArchive but it keeps showing 503 error.

I think we'll just have to wait until maintenance is over. It doesn't seem like it's down permanently.

Lab Assistant
#144 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 9:14 AM
I sent an email to Quaxi today. Hope this will help.

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims
Field Researcher
#145 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 11:00 AM
Thank you, julsfels
Forum Resident
#146 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 4:32 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 27th Jul 2019 at 1:00 AM.
Hi, all! Since Quaxi posted his latest version (now apparently the only recent version that's live, see below for details) of SimPE earlier in this same thread, site staff have made the decision to update his SimPE download page here on MTS with that version as well.

So now you don't have to hunt for it through this thread; everyone will be able to find this last version of SimPE as an MTS download.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Field Researcher
#147 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 4:44 PM
I have v0.72 (extract only version) backed up, if that can somehow help.
Forum Resident
#148 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 5:01 PM
Thank you, mate54! I think it could help, if you don't mind people PMing you for it. Or, if you'd like to just upload it your copy in a post in this thread, that might be even better, in case you're not around and there's a reason someone needs to roll back.

My sense is that admins were willing to post that latest version to the download's official MTS page because they could see it came directly from Quaxi himself. I don't know that they'd feel equally willing to do that with versions that came out of our personal backups---but of course, our own reality, as players of a game even abandoned now by its developers, is that sometimes that's what we've got!

So please do what you're comfortable with, and again, thank you for mentioning it.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Alchemist
#149 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 5:43 PM
What about adding links to the other utilities needed to use SimPE, along with the instructions on how to install them?
Forum Resident
#150 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 6:19 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 21st Jul 2019 at 3:19 AM. Reason: typos, thought to ask for links
We might need to do that here for now, though possibly I can get the wiki page on the program edited to include those. I don't think they'll be willing to keep editing the MTS download page to add stuff like that without Quaxi doing it himself.

But I love the idea and will (quite seriously) look into fixing up our wiki entry on it.

I don't know enough about these other utilities, though. Would you guys like to start posting on this thread about those so I can try and get those organized? (ETA: or post links I could read to educate myself?)

Edited yet again to add:

A particularly kind member PM'd me some info, so I'm starting a new thread for us to put together other needed info and utilities for SimPE!

Locked thread
Page 6 of 8