Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 8:04 PM
Default Toy robots break less
I wasn't able to find this via a search and I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone doing it. But just in case, I thought I'd ask. I'm looking for a mod that will keep toy robots from breaking so often. It seems like it only takes a few hours of play before they're shooting sparks and then some sim has to spend time fixing it again. Has anyone heard of such a mod and/or know where to find it if it exists?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 10:57 PM
I see I've got a file called djstoyrobotOBJFrepairfix.package in my Downloads folder, but I can't remember either where I got it or what it's for. I think it maybe just makes the repair work properly. I also have djslessrobotbreakage.package, which I think makes all robots break less. (Toy ones are the only ones that Gwen Geachie [my only robot maker] can make so far.)

Can anyone remind me who "djs" is? If I could remember that I could probably tell you where to get them!

[EDIT] I see that "djs" is jFade, but I still can't remember where to get his/her stuff.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 11:08 PM
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 12:02 AM
Thanks for linking, foxmanic!

In case folks are confused, the repairfix makes it possible for the Maxis repairperson to fix broken toy robots on the lot when they visit; otherwise, they ignore toy robots. However, even without it, you can successfully direct playable sims to fix the toy robot by clicking on the robot.

Devon, I would love to know whether the lessrobotbreakage mod actually helps the toy robots break less. I know it's supposed to help the other OFB robots (cleanbot, hydrobot, sentrybot), but I've never been sure it works with the toy ones, though I think the figure DJ cites (breakage every 10 uses) is about right for the toy ones as well. Let us know?

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 4:12 AM Last edited by Devon Aster : 3rd Sep 2019 at 11:15 PM.
Thanks for the help! I'll test it out when I have time and see if it does. Maybe I'll even open it up in SimPE and poke about to see what it says XD

Edit: Sadly, the mod doesn't affect toy robots as far as I can tell. I did test in game (broke once right at the beginning, then was played with continuously for hours without breaking) but I also checked the file in SimPE. There are only four GUIDs under the Tuning BCON. While I don't know the IDs, I presumed they corresponded to the CleanBot, HydroBot, MunchieBot, and SentryBot.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 1:11 PM
Thank you so much for reporting back, Devon! I guess we're all still on the hunt for one that helps with the toy ones, then...

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/