Replies: 112 (Who?), Viewed: 56957 times.
Page 5 of 5
Test Subject
#101 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:24 PM Last edited by millie7042 : 29th May 2018 at 7:24 PM. Reason: Add content
Black Lives Matter has a good intention, but it has strayed to a terrorist organisation. All lives are equal and valuable.
Mad Poster
#102 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 3:49 PM
The slogan ' black lives matter' is in response to the many killings of unarmed black citizens, gunned down by police. It comes from the evidence that in our society black lives don't matter - that black citizens can be summarily executed in the streets without due process by the police or even random people who then escape punishment.
It's faulty logic to conclude that because someone says that black lives matter that they are also implying that all other lives don't matter or that white lives don't matter. A group or an individual can make a statement referring only to themselves. If I say that I deserve fair treatment, am I at the same time saying that my neighbor doesn't deserve fair treatment? No. See how that works?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#103 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 2:59 AM
How does this thread keep getting resurrected

Honestly BLM isn't even a relevant topic anymore (at least not as much as it was when I intially made this thread almost 2 years ago lmao)
Mad Poster
#104 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:00 PM
I would disagree that it is no longer relevant. It still holds meaning for many and none of the wrongs that led to the movement have been addressed, so there's that....

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#105 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 12:01 AM
i find it very hard to talk about things like thiss but i just want to give my quick and short opinion

i support black lives matter and believe they can do even more good in the worldd
Mad Poster
#106 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:11 PM
I've heard someone suggest it should have been called, "Black Lives Matter, Too". That little "Too" could end a lot of arguments. Does anyone else get sick of people saying, "All Lives Matter" or "When do straight people get a parade?" or other equivalent things?

Sometimes, I think I should just sneak that "Too" in whenever speaking of BLM.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#107 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
I've heard someone suggest it should have been called, "Black Lives Matter, Too". That little "Too" could end a lot of arguments. Does anyone else get sick of people saying, "All Lives Matter" or "When do straight people get a parade?" or other equivalent things?

Sometimes, I think I should just sneak that "Too" in whenever speaking of BLM.

One word doesn't change the borderline (and sometimes actual) terrorism.
Mad Poster
#108 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:01 AM
The claim about terrorism does not apply to the original movement, nor to the bulk of the movement. If anything, I'm unconvinced that isn't some small group that wants to make the movement look bad and isn't even part of it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#109 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averex
How does this thread keep getting resurrected

Honestly BLM isn't even a relevant topic anymore (at least not as much as it was when I intially made this thread almost 2 years ago lmao)


This thread keeps getting resurrected because black lives do matter. Black lives are a relevant topic. This topic could only become irrelevant once all people are treated equitably.

Please think about why you are laughing at the suffering of others. You need to do some introspection and become a better person.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#110 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbalena
Please think about why you are laughing at the suffering of others. You need to do some introspection and become a better person.

Wow okay lol

I wasn't laughing at the suffering of others, I was laughing at the fact that people continue to argue about this. When I say that it's no longer relevant, I'm alluding to the fact that you don't see BLM in the news anymore. And IMO that's a good thing. Because it means they're no longer burning down cities and looting stores in the name of peace and just doing their thing peacefully. And that, I can get behind.
Mad Poster
#111 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:26 PM
A few things: This is the Debate Room so 1) that's a place where people will probably be arguing i.e. debating and 2) I don't think there's a time limit on that but that's up to you or the mods I guess
Maybe you don't see Black Lives Matter in the news anymore because the Russian troll farms are no longer trying to stir up racial tension as they were around the time of the election. And also, what cities did BLM burn? I wasn't aware of thst and can't find it online.
Test Subject
#112 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 9:13 PM
Default Enough Said
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity
The slogan ' black lives matter' is in response to the many killings of unarmed black citizens, gunned down by police. It comes from the evidence that in our society black lives don't matter - that black citizens can be summarily executed in the streets without due process by the police or even random people who then escape punishment.
It's faulty logic to conclude that because someone says that black lives matter that they are also implying that all other lives don't matter or that white lives don't matter. A group or an individual can make a statement referring only to themselves. If I say that I deserve fair treatment, am I at the same time saying that my neighbor doesn't deserve fair treatment? No. See how that works?



I don't know why people find this so hard to understand. I completely agree.
Instructor
#113 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 3:37 AM
They are needed. People who say "all lives matter" ignore the fact that many American cops and the "justice" system in the US act like black lives don't matter or are better off ended. I'm white and get it. There's a reason people say AmeriKKKa. The US is extremely prejudiced in general.
Page 5 of 5
Back to top