Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Single Built-in Closet UPDATED WITH RECOLORS

by Marmy Posted 17th Sep 2006 at 2:42 AM - Updated 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:15 PM by Marmy : Footprint fixed and recolors added

121 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 118 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5
Instructor
#101 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 5:18 AM
Hey there! I am so happy that you have put recolors for this out there! Will there be recolors coming for the two-tile one as well?
Field Researcher
#102 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 5:01 AM
It says Updated 22nd Jul 2007 at 03:15 PM by Marmy : Footprint fixed and recolors added but none of the recolors show for me at all, and I'm not sure what footprint was fixed, because it looks the same as the one I was using before I deleted all my downloads, but I am still using it because I love them so much.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#103 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 5:15 PM
Would it be possible to change the height of the doors to match the height of the door you are matching? This is a great object, but it bugs the hell out of me that the door goes the full height of the wall.
Instructor
#104 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jron7667
It says Updated 22nd Jul 2007 at 03:15 PM by Marmy : Footprint fixed and recolors added but none of the recolors show for me at all, and I'm not sure what footprint was fixed, because it looks the same as the one I was using before I deleted all my downloads, but I am still using it because I love them so much.

Jron, if you deleted your downloads it may be that you deleted the CEP file as well. Try redownloading that and see if the custom recolors for the closet work.
Field Researcher
#105 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jron7667
It says Updated 22nd Jul 2007 at 03:15 PM by Marmy : Footprint fixed and recolors added but none of the recolors show for me at all, and I'm not sure what footprint was fixed, because it looks the same as the one

Same here, none of recolors show up in my game, and the file date of mesh is still 2006-09-16. Maybe the new mesh file was lost during upload? Marmy, would you check it out please?
Field Researcher
#106 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 12:18 AM
Same here, but I have a feeling no one's listening. lol

Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
Same here, none of recolors show up in my game, and the file date of mesh is still 2006-09-16. Maybe the new mesh file was lost during upload? Marmy, would you check it out please?

~~~~

I have all my downloads in folders labeled by creater and I had deleted the folder called MarmysClosets, with the closets in it... not my CEP
Quote: Originally posted by wndy26
Jron, if you deleted your downloads it may be that you deleted the CEP file as well. Try redownloading that and see if the custom recolors for the closet work.
Test Subject
#107 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy

And me too, I tried downloading the file the other day, and the closet is still two tiles wide with no recolors, with the 2006 mesh.
Test Subject
#108 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:04 PM
It is great thank you! I do have the problem of the recolors not showing up but that is minor
Test Subject
#109 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 6:11 AM
LOL. The other day I was just thinking 'I wish it had in built closets' & then I saw this (: Thanks ^_^
Instructor
#110 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 5:54 AM
The recolors are not working and niether are the one tile dressers...

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 3:13 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love this freaking closet!
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:54 PM
This is great, however, I've downloaded the recolors numerous times, and can't get any colors other than the original white to show up in my game. I've used the Q-Xpress installer to put them in, but nothing works. Am I missing something?
Test Subject
#113 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 9:08 PM
Default Bathroom
Yes! This will be great for my new house that im building cause when my sims gets out of the shower I want to put her towel on... now i dont need a tacky dresser! This is awesome!
Test Subject
#114 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 9:32 PM
Finally! I love this! These are the only closets I've really ever scene in any real life houses. I'm so happy! Yaaaay! Thank you thank you thank you!
Theorist
#115 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 2:49 PM
This is way better then the AP ones thank you!!
Test Subject
#116 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 11:39 PM
I too have tried 2 times and no recolors are showing for me. The white one is there just no recolors. I love the closet, the recolors would be awesome if I could just get them to work.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by timmy2kegs
I'm so glad that you created this. Thank you. I have a couple of questions though. I seem to be having some problems getting it to function. I use the move objects cheat as you said and it sits beautifully, but my Sims always complain about a wall being in the way when I try to get them to use it. Usually it happens when I have the second tile (the invisible portion) hang over the edge of an outter wall, creating a corner closet. Could the over-hang be the problem? I'm trying to use this in my homes, and it would be too perfect if I could get it to work. Thanks, 2Kegs
P.S. I'm still a test dummy, but I was wondering: Single-tile dressers work fine where I'm trying to place the closet. If the base object were a single tile dresser, do you think it would work any better?

I have the same problem that some persons mentioned. I've downloaded it to build realistic Sim-version of my real home and I wish it worked. But it doesn't I tried to use it in some homes, I came on some interesting ideas, but this single closet still don't work for me. Sims are waving their hands and do nothing. Two-tile closet is very well, but please, check out whats wrong with single-tile!
Test Subject
#118 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 12:53 AM
Thank you so much, I really needed something to use other than those huge maxis dressers. I was hoping to find a small dresser or something like that, but this is much much better!
Test Subject
#119 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:14 AM
this is great. (: but i was just wondering why this content won't show up on buy mode? i looked in the dressers, and it's not there. ):
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 8:08 AM
Thanks You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 1:45 AM
thank you thank you. i didn't like the big bulky dresser. Now i can have it recessed in the wall. thank you thankyou ^_^
Page 5 of 5