Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 21
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 7:00 PM Last edited by simsample : 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:32 PM. Reason: Removed infobutton, evidently people were not seeing my replies!
Thank you everyone for your lovely replies, the feedback is great and I appreciate the thanks.

SAGGG, I'm not sure whether Jericho would work without Pets, as I use objects, lot types, a rabbithole and spawners from that EP. You could try it and let me know if it works if you're feeling brave, though! You would definitely have a lot of items missing, such as the street signs and some trees.

MrsNervousSubject, yes- Fast Lane and Town Life are the only two SPs I used, and only in those two lots mentioned. I was careful not to use too many stuffpack items, as I know not everyone is lucky enough to have relatives who buy them as presents like me!

Zokugai and littleblackdog- Yes, there are minor pet spawners on some of the lots (I've not included the lot-based spawners on my map, which is why you can't see them there, since lot based spawners can be changed). Also, the basegame mineral/seed/metal spawners will spawn birds and animals too, so you should definitely see the little pests after a few days.

CinderEmma- That is intentional as much of the Old Town has very low lot prices. Depending upon what you have built on there, your lot will either cost nothing or a very small amount. Some of the lots in different areas of the world have higher lot costs. This can easily be changed in CAW in case you wish the lots to be priced differently.

fairybug- Thanks for your nice comment, have you checked the World Index?

AmberIndia- That's a reference from an obscure eighties British comedy show with Lenny Henry and Tracey Ullman, called 'Three OF A Kind'.

WayBack- I put an alternative Download link in the first post, see if you can download that.

pcdoctor- Try the alternative download too.

darksoul1978- My guess is either a spawned NPC on Mapleburg, or else a horse stuck somewhere (they seem to obey no routing rules and get stuck in bushes, walls and subways without rhyme or reason). Twallan's Story Progression can help with routing problems, check out the first post for details. I added a bit about this under the 'Performance' heading.

vacationgirl36- Do you have your graphics options on High? It's possible that lower settings may not allow the clouds to show.

JazUnknown- I extracted the texture files from the game data files, and recoloured them and imported them into the world file. You can view those files if you download the Jericho Resources from the link in the first post. More information on this method here and here.

pcdoctor, there are a few lots that have Nectar machines on them (some are hidden away in tombs). The most accessible is one in the basement of the Caltown Liquor Store.

ewwwwwww- this world is based off many places, some real and some fictional. Influences I can think of at this moment are: The area I live in. Distillery District, Toronto, Canada. Twinbrook. Riverview. Aberystwyth and surrounding areas, Wales, UK. Many places in Eire. Many places in The Isle Of Wight, UK. Tomb Raider (many incarnations of). Portal. Silent Hill. Myst. Riven. Many obscure British TV series including The Prisoner. Many Novels. Many poems. Many songs. Many Sims creations on this site and others. You get the idea!

Shenandoah- The beauty salon is called 'The pool of Narcissus Beauty Salon'. The Spa is on the small island next to the Bistro (New Town side). If you cannot see the spa or the Hospital then it's likely you don't have the required EPs (or perhaps you don't have Riverview). The requirements for this world are listed in the main post (Overview tab).

astrid88- Thanks for the tip, I put a link in the first post to find stuck sims so that you can reset them easily.

Once again, thank you all!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 12:24 AM
Oh wow! This is just amazing. I really hope my computer can handle it! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 3:25 AM
Hey Simsample, first off, may I say beautiful world! There are many worlds that I slowly fall in love with as I play, but this world, I saw the pictures and was instantly hooked. One of the best worlds out there, it has even inspired me to create a story set in Jericho, I just wanted to ask for your consent as I might change a few things, all credit will go to you of course. And again seriously great world, it's my new favourite!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 3:50 AM
Just reading through past comments and I don't have Pets or any stuff packs, but I simply HAD to have this world, the gym and petrol station were easily fixed! But I do notice strange out of place EA object replacements and the equestrian center is missing, but I'll just load a new Jericho when I get pets :D

So end of story is that even without pets this is a great world!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#80 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 4:38 AM
Oh SimSample, I am so happy to see this done. It is a little Gem in my eye. Thank you!
Test Subject
#81 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
littleblackdog, I've seen deer, lizards, birds, and a stray dog in the first four Simdays of my Jericho game.

Thank you, I asked because the racoons, deer, stray dog/cats are spawned more in the same way taxis are. While the rodents, snakes, lizards,turtles,small birds and large birds all have seperate spawners and are placed the same way that the minerals, fish ect... are spawned.
Instructor
#82 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 11:31 AM
Well, I think this may be a wee bit too big for my ol' gal. Pouty McPouty Face.
I went out and bought ODL, FLS, and TLS, and yeah. I don't mind getting them, I love the little outfits and such (although wow, TLS took like 10 seconds to install? ==')
It keeps throwing Error 12s at me, or will just lag.
I don't mind really, I tend to only play Medium worlds anyway (dies inside though from lack of pretty).
Once again, thanks for this anyway
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 12:53 PM
PINKPANTHER243- Yes, please feel free to make a story about this world, and to change whatever you like. I would like to see what you do with it! If you download the CAW files you should be able to replace all of the missing Pets items with other things.

littleblackdog- did you see my reply to you regarding the spawners also? Click the button in my previous post.

MrsNervousSubject- Aww, what a shame- since pets the system requirements are much higher, and although I built most of this world on a low spec computer, I built a new computer after Pets because the old one was too slow! I do have a smaller world for download on another site, check my journal for that. It does not have the detail that this one does, but plays much better on lower specification computers. It's called Shearwater.

Thank you for the nice comments Akiou and LadyAwesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 3:28 PM
This is the most beautiful world I've ever seen! I can't believe the detail, its amazing!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#85 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 6:23 PM
I will test it, it looks fantastic! I really admire world builders, I tried to build one world too, but I don't have the idea how it should look like, and my world was very laggy... My world was a distater.. :P
Test Subject
#86 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by astrid88
The hospital is not showing for me too but I got this issue in almost every custom world. It happens sometimes when a rabbithole was placed using moveobjects on cheat durning world cration. Just use any hospital and put it in the empty place (using moveobjects on if nessesary).

BTW. I love the world, it is awsome. Though I got quite a lot of lags there. For a few simdays there it is ok but then a lag happen it happen. I barely can enter build mode or something, it takes hours to react for my clicks. Fortunatelly Reset All function of Nraas MasterController fixes it.

Thanks for the information, got it fixed, and also fixed the beauty saloon :P
Test Subject
#87 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 7:09 PM Last edited by mayah : 1st Jan 2012 at 7:11 PM. Reason: Typo
I've only just started playing this world. Last night I had my sim and the infamous dog Laika move into the redbrick twin houses at the small beach. Soon as they they moved in, they were informed that the house was under water damage, and asked if they were ready for the challenge - and sure they were! (never had that happened to me in game before). Unfortunately I couldn't save the game, it just stalled. So today I tried again with the same household. This time they moved into the bed&breakfast place at Upper Eley street. Wow what a house - so full of stuff I never realized the game had in it. And what a clever idea with a b&b! Went for a walk and saw the house under construction - I mean this world is so full of ideas, imagination and challenges, I wanted to say: THANK YOU! really! You've managed to get me intrigued about the game on whole new level after playing since TS3 was released.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#88 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 7:56 PM
I really like the movie at starting of the new game there. I wonder if it's normal, that there are no people at any home. Was it suppose to be this way? Maybe It's because I have all ep's and sp's?
Test Subject
#89 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 9:25 PM
I can download the files fine, but I cannot extract the files from the .rar. It tells me "error code 3" (i use keka). anyone else having this problem or know a solution?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 10:55 PM
Thanks Simsample, I'll be sure to share a link when I finish the first chapter
Test Subject
#91 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 6:56 AM
Not only the world is well built and decorated, but we can see that you really put a lof of thought into the buildings too. I particularly love the roman baths ! Inscriptions in latin had my curiosity piqued. I wish I had your talent (and the patience) to create such a beautiful world.
One question : no tattoo chair in the salon ? Or is it in one of the rooms you can't enter ? Too bad : my Sim wanted to get a tattoo...
And also one niggle : there aren't empty big lots in anticipation of upcoming expansions. I know we can add them through the in-game "Edit Town" function but there's not that much flat land to integrate them. and I don't want to destroy the beautiful mansions you built.
Thank you very much for this great addition to the Sims 3 !
Test Subject
#92 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:17 AM
"One question : no tattoo chair in the salon ? Or is it in one of the rooms you can't enter ? Too bad : my Sim wanted to get a tattoo..."
Sorry, I hadn't noticed the Ink Inc Tattoo parlour on Gilsboroway. I started playing very late last night so we'll say I was tired...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#93 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 1:25 PM
Great World thank you
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:38 PM
Thank you all for your replies!

Shenandoah- I did reply to you also, but I hid it in an infobutton so possibly you didn't see it. Please check out post #79.

anie_1981: Yes, that is normal- please see the note in the main post regarding population. This world is unpopulated, so that you can populate it yourself.

MaddyO84: Please read the first post, I have linked to an alternative download for you to try. If you want to use the MTS download then you need to read the instructions regarding renaming the files, and clear your browser cache/ redownload if you still have errors.

Matthewgayle2- I'm glad you found it! Where I come from, you rarely find a tattooist in a beauty salon, so I made Jericho the same.

SAGGG: Please see my reply to you in post #79.

Thank you all for downloading and commenting!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#95 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 11:35 PM
I downloaded this world and played it for a couple of days and I feel in love with it, unfortunately my computer can't seem to handle worlds with apartments because like Bridgeport this world caused my game to lag constantly.

I am now back playing in others world and my game is fine, it's defiantly city like worlds my computer can't handle.

Still, I just wanted to applaud your hard work and let you know I think this world is amazing!

In the mean time I will wish for my lottery win so I can buy a computer just to play this world again!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#96 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 2:42 AM
Okay, thanks for responding. I didn't see your previous post. I just might wait until I get Pets.
Eminence Grise
#97 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 6:05 AM
BEAUTIFUL world, SimSample

Just wanted to note that I had some issues with hanging/freezing... like some of the others here... even with all CC disabled. So I tried following the instructions in the post from Daniel that you linked in your description, but they are obsolete with the current version of NRaas... Stuck Check appears to be in Overwatch rather than Story Progression now Just thought anybody else experiencing this would like to know. (Yes, Twallan updates so often that it is hard to keep up ) You can find it as follows:

City Hall / NRaas / Overwatch / Settings / Stuck Check, Stuck Check Auto-Reset

I'll edit when I can verify that setting both of those to "True" resolves this
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 7:15 AM
Thank you for that, Srikandi- I'll add it to my first post! I haven't updated my NRaas mods for a few weeks now, so I'll run over to check now!
Field Researcher
#99 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
BEAUTIFUL world, SimSample

Just wanted to note that I had some issues with hanging/freezing... like some of the others here... even with all CC disabled. So I tried following the instructions in the post from Daniel that you linked in your description, but they are obsolete with the current version of NRaas... Stuck Check appears to be in Overwatch rather than Story Progression now Just thought anybody else experiencing this would like to know. (Yes, Twallan updates so often that it is hard to keep up ) You can find it as follows:

City Hall / NRaas / Overwatch / Settings / Stuck Check, Stuck Check Auto-Reset

I'll edit when I can verify that setting both of those to "True" resolves this

I think with me it is my computer because I tried Twallans mods and it improved the lagging a little bit but it was still there. I had pretty much everything on overwatch set to true, I even used the animal control settings in the register to limit the amount of animals. I can run my game fine on other worlds like this but Bridgeport and Jericho kill my computer which is a shame.

Resetting everything in mastercontroller worked for one sim day but then it came back so there is just too much going on.

My computer is obviously on it's way out .
Test Subject
#100 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 3:06 PM
I love this world so much and I want to play it but when I try to save after playing for awhile I get Error 12 and am unable to save my progress. I have all the EPs and Stuff packs (except for Fast Lane and Master Suite), and have Riverview installed. Any suggestions on how to make the Error stop? I don't see this error in any of the default worlds... Thanks!
Page 4 of 21