Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Resources for Monte Vista.world's various Fixes

by ellacharmed Posted 12th Dec 2013 at 3:25 PM - Updated 14th Dec 2013 at 9:38 AM by ellacharmed : correction: # of files

5 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 6:10 PM
My favorite world is playable

Thanks a Million!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 7:47 PM
Good heavens! This is so fast after I posted about it. You are really amazing! And thanks so much.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 4:02 AM
5 months is fast? Oh, wait, I think I started initial analysis way back in Feb, so that's almost 10 months. Work on MV map proper started in July.

There's probably only 48 (wo)man-hours worth of work into this map in total, but the delays are due to me having to hunt down routing reports and having to read posts like "my Sim who stays in the walled City cannot go to this other Lot, he exits cab, run and get into another cab". Very illuminating, no? And so helpful...I'm left scratching my head and wondering "What Sim, what Lots (from where and to what destination), on which road does the exiting and re-entering occur?".
The (younger) Monty Household's issue was found coincidentally as I happened to click on them as a Test subject to test the fixes. Someone on the forums mentioned Gino Ferrari but I had no problems with him or his Lot. Granted, later patches play a part; as there was that debacle with the Rabbitholes, especially for Lunar Lakes, in one of the updates.

If you guys have issues for other Lots, other Households, or other areas, name NAMEs, and I'll look into them...even more appreciated if you could take a picture and show me what is wrong, so I don't have to spend time to play to replicate the issue to then decide on how to fix. Most times, it is not easy to replicate routing issues when you only play for a Sim-week worth of gameplay, or less.
Or, if you want to share the Save, I'm not opposed to that either...

If there's not many routing reports on the others too (will only know when I start the fixing phase), I'm contemplating treating all you guys as Beta testers and I release all the fixes as I have them ready.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:53 AM
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! Monte Vista is my favorite world to play and I have been waiting for a fix. Thankyou for spending the time to do this, it is very much appreciated!
Inventor
#6 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
5 months is fast? Oh, wait, I think I started initial analysis way back in Feb, so that's almost 10 months. Work on MV map proper started in July.

Hahaha. I was thinking fast compared to when you released the last one. Sounds like you're doing most of the work in parallel. And I see you have yet another one out!

If you guys have issues for other Lots, other Households, or other areas, name NAMEs, and I'll look into them...even more appreciated if you could take a picture and show me what is wrong, so I don't have to spend time to play to replicate the issue to then decide on how to fix. Most times, it is not easy to replicate routing issues when you only play for a Sim-week worth of gameplay, or less.
Or, if you want to share the Save, I'm not opposed to that either...

I'm a computer programmer myself, so I sympathize SOOOOO much with this problem. My favorite report was when I was a computer tech in college and got a problem ticket saying, and I quote, "It won't let me do anything." Note to people issuing problem reports: Pronouns are EEEEVIL.

If there's not many routing reports on the others too (will only know when I start the fixing phase), I'm contemplating treating all you guys as Beta testers and I release all the fixes as I have them ready.

I'd be delighted to beta test or just provide problem reports for the worlds I'm playing in. I'm still learning how to use Twallan's Overwatch to actually show me where my stuck townies are getting stuck, but if I can actually Help the Fandom by learning this, I will learn it much faster.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net