Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous Proposals!

by PolarBearSims Posted 16th Mar 2017 at 5:46 PM - Updated 12th Mar 2024 at 1:42 AM by PolarBearSims : Patch Update 11/17/20

400 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 317 Feedback Posts, 82 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 17
Test Subject
#101 Old 23rd May 2017 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
I haven't actually played yet with the new update so I will try and see if I can recreate it. That way I can maybe pinpoint what's causing it. Did you ever see it pop up in the pie menu? I know prior it was always there. It's not supposed to be in the menu at all unless the relationship calls for it. I will also check my codes I added along with other stuff as well. Doesn't look like any of your mods conflict.

I didn't see it, but I did not check either. It really caught me off guard. I'm trying to remember the entire chain of events. Angus proposed to Marco at the romance festival, and this happened the next day (I initiated the proposal). Angus was hacking the Lothioro Trust Fund, Marco came over autonomously and started talking to him normally. After a few sim minutes, the pop up appeared for them to just be friends. And that was it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#102 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chosondragon
I didn't see it, but I did not check either. It really caught me off guard. I'm trying to remember the entire chain of events. Angus proposed to Marco at the romance festival, and this happened the next day (I initiated the proposal). Angus was hacking the Lothioro Trust Fund, Marco came over autonomously and started talking to him normally. After a few sim minutes, the pop up appeared for them to just be friends. And that was it.

We're either of them unfaithful in anyway? Even a small flirt at anytime in their relationship even before the engagement? I had added cheated with to the requirements but actually wasn't sure what it meant exactly.
Test Subject
#103 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:30 AM Last edited by chosondragon : 23rd May 2017 at 2:49 AM.
We're either of them unfaithful in anyway? Even a small flirt at anytime in their relationship even before the engagement? I had added cheated with to the requirements but actually wasn't sure what it meant exactly.

Haha I'm sorry I am sure it was just some sort of fluke. I didn't mean to cause too much attention to this.

I remember once a long time before they were living together (both of them working at FutureSims Labs) Marco came in sad with a broken heart bubble (when they were boyfriends) and I wasn't sure why. I don't remember anyone flirting with anyone but that doesn't mean it didn't happen- even if autonomously from another sim. Might have just been some weird mistake. But that was long before they moved in together... It might have not mattered though for the cheated with- however I did see him have the broken heart emoji again, after moving in together, when his social was very low. But all he had was a sad motive that was just due to being lonely. No mention of flirty partner or anything.

I think it might be safe to say it was just a glitch caused by who knows what, especially since you have extensively tested it already.

Again, I do so very much appreciate you and the responses to my concerns. You're literally the only modder I know to be so active. Thank you so much for that, and for your awesome mods!

I will redownload Proposals & Breakups to see if it happens again and better monitor the circumstances.

I will have plays.tv log the session.
Theorist
Original Poster
#104 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:55 AM

I'm thinking the flirting may be why. I had mine get caught cheating. Even after they cooled down, brought their relationship back up the option was still there. There were others to possi my add but was curious on what that was. So I am thinking of reworking that and see if may be a better one would work. I was shooting for them to possibly break up bc of getting caught but not to stay forever lol. I'm going to remove it in my game and test and see if it goes away. I will let you know for sure if that was the cause.

It's ok. I'm glad you said something. I as a tester don't always catch what happens and other players are a big help

I try to be here when I can. There's some mods I have for sims 3 and don't care for it when the modder isn't active to help others out. The simmers get upset and I personally feel if a modder makes something they should stay active in it till they disclose that they are moving on.
Theorist
Original Poster
#105 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:09 AM
There has been a bug detected in the break up files. ~Thank you~ chosondragon.

If your sim is cheating/unfaithful the option to end a relationship will appear. It was only ment to appear if your sim was caught cheating since most of the time it doesn't lower the romance enough for it to appear. It was not supposed to remain there.

In the next update, it will be removed and added back when I think it's ready
Test Subject
#106 Old 23rd May 2017 at 3:54 AM
Video of Occurance
I re-downloaded the mod and I have uploaded a video from log-in to the autonomous break-up. It's 8 minutes long. The said occurrence happens at the very end. I documented their relationship levels, the pie menu for both friendly interactions and mischievous (when "ask to just be friends" pops up, there is a mischievous icon next to it in the queue) and everything they did up to that point without any assistance from me. I hope this may help you understand what exactly happened here, or at least the point that it's not working properly for some radical reason.

https://youtu.be/C44kGGInUOA

Keep doing what you do, friend!

EDIT:

There has been a bug detected in the break up files. ~Thank you~ chosondragon.

If your sim is cheating/unfaithful the option to end a relationship will appear. It was only ment to appear if your sim was caught cheating since most of the time it doesn't lower the romance enough for it to appear. It was not supposed to remain there.

In the next update, it will be removed and added back when I think it's ready

Oh!!! You're so welcome! I just want you to succeed haha Thank you so much for taking a look! I will be on alert for your next update Thank you so much again for everything, PolarBearSims!
Test Subject
#107 Old 24th May 2017 at 1:22 AM
first of all: thank you! amazing job.. :-)
It worked out.. but not really how i expected it to be..
It was in the end MY active Sim who proposed.. is this normal? or can it be either way? because i am always playing female sims and it feels kind of weird for me that she has to propose to every man.. so i thought your mod would be amazing for my situation..

so was it just bad luck that she proposed?

but still. well done!
Theorist
Original Poster
#108 Old 24th May 2017 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Curtrisha
first of all: thank you! amazing job.. :-)
It worked out.. but not really how i expected it to be..
It was in the end MY active Sim who proposed.. is this normal? or can it be either way? because i am always playing female sims and it feels kind of weird for me that she has to propose to every man.. so i thought your mod would be amazing for my situation..

so was it just bad luck that she proposed?

but still. well done!

Lol yea it can happen either way. I also usually play female and prefer the guy to propose. The way the mod works is based on a few factors. Yea the conversation helps and is probably the biggest factor but it also looks at traits, moods, and current relationship. Some traits will lower the chances, some more than others. So if the female has more factors going for her than she might be the one who does it. I got an unflirty sim to propose first but it took him quite awhile to do it. Noncommittal will be the hardest. Romantic of course is the easiest and family oriented is fairly high as well. If you catch them in time, reset one if them. That will cancel it hopefully in time.
Test Subject
#109 Old 24th May 2017 at 1:42 PM
Lol yea it can happen either way. I also usually play female and prefer the guy to propose. The way the mod works is based on a few factors. Yea the conversation helps and is probably the biggest factor but it also looks at traits, moods, and current relationship. Some traits will lower the chances, some more than others. So if the female has more factors going for her than she might be the one who does it. I got an unflirty sim to propose first but it took him quite awhile to do it. Noncommittal will be the hardest. Romantic of course is the easiest and family oriented is fairly high as well. If you catch them in time, reset one if them. That will cancel it hopefully in time.

haha okay i see! thanks for the mod and your answer :-)
Theorist
Original Poster
#110 Old 25th May 2017 at 1:10 AM
UPDATE:

There was report that animations were not playing for "ask to be bf/gf" ~Thank you~ Snowiesimmer for finding that bug!
There was also a report that sims broke up with the sim they cheated with. ~Thank you~ Chosondragon for finding that bug!

There is a new update for all break up flavors and all proposals that used special animations. Sims will no longer break up with the sim they cheated with and all special animations have been fixed!

Thank you all for helping with finding bugs!

Thank you all for your support!

~ENJOY~
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th May 2017 at 7:59 PM
Thanks so much for this mod. I love autonomy in my game. Was just wondering if I can have 1 Autonomous Proposal flavor and 1 No Romance proposal flavor in my game at the same time.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#112 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:33 PM
thx for updating my mods got nut after last update crazy things happens hehe
Theorist
Original Poster
#113 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MsAdelaida
Thanks so much for this mod. I love autonomy in my game. Was just wondering if I can have 1 Autonomous Proposal flavor and 1 No Romance proposal flavor in my game at the same time.

No they will conflict.
Theorist
Original Poster
#114 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
thx for updating my mods got nut after last update crazy things happens hehe

Yea the last update was preparing the game for the new parent expansion. There is a lot getting added. I had other mods messing up from others that I've had to remove bc it just wouldn't let me open a game. Hopefully they get updated.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#115 Old 29th May 2017 at 12:02 PM
for some reason I had to delete breakups file cuz no break up or ask to remain friends option were available in menu anymore plus sth still happens with bed woohoo when they wanna woohoo on bed strange animation happens and they act as if bed wasn't able to go there :/ still dunno which mod can make that issue
Theorist
Original Poster
#116 Old 29th May 2017 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
for some reason I had to delete breakups file cuz no break up or ask to remain friends option were available in menu anymore plus sth still happens with bed woohoo when they wanna woohoo on bed strange animation happens and they act as if bed wasn't able to go there :/ still dunno which mod can make that issue

Hmm since no settings were changed with the update not sure what's causing it since I haven't seen it yet. I will go in and check settings and also go in the game and see if I can recreate the same things is it a routing issue going to the bed? Youll know if it is bc they will get the bubble above their heads and wave their hands. Thank you for letting me know.
Theorist
Original Poster
#117 Old 29th May 2017 at 5:43 PM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 4th Jun 2017 at 8:05 PM.
Hmm since no settings were changed with the update not sure what's causing it since I haven't seen it yet. I will go in and check settings and also go in the game and see if I can recreate the same things is it a routing issue going to the bed? Youll know if it is bc they will get the bubble above their heads and wave their hands. Thank you for letting me know.

I tested the woohoo a few times. They went to the bed just fine and did the interaction just fine. I also noticed that the animation prior seemed a little messed up. I will change it to a different one and see if that helps.
Theorist
Original Poster
#118 Old 29th May 2017 at 7:01 PM
NOTE

Something in the new patch for the parent pack has caused the break ups portion of the mod to not show up when it is supposed to. In order for it to show you will need to have a bad friendship as well. I am currently working to fix this issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Theorist
Original Poster
#119 Old 29th May 2017 at 10:06 PM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 29th May 2017 at 10:18 PM.
UPDATE

FIXED All breakups are fixed
ADDED Bloom Festival Proposals have been added and no longer have job restrictions
ADDED Polygamy is a possible option for the Bloom Festival proposals.

Thank you all for all of your support!

~ENJOY~
Theorist
Original Poster
#120 Old 30th May 2017 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leequoiz
If this mod allows for polyamory, does that mean it disables jealousy? Or does it do it by other means? I'm just wondering if it would interact with a No Jealousy mod I've got installed.

Nope, doesn't disable jealousy. Just allows more than 1 marriage, engagement or a mix of relationships. You should be fine with your no jealousy mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 31st May 2017 at 4:13 PM
AH HA HA ! fabulous ! XD , Does your mod work well with Wickedwhims one ? or another mod who concern romantic interactions ?
i love this possibility to be rejected or break up !

thank you !
Theorist
Original Poster
#122 Old 31st May 2017 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rouge
AH HA HA ! fabulous ! XD , Does your mod work well with Wickedwhims one ? or another mod who concern romantic interactions ?
i love this possibility to be rejected or break up !

thank you !

Yes it works with WW. Would depend on what kind of mod the other ones your asking about are. If they are a script mod it should be ok, but if it's an XML mod it won't be if it changes the same files.
Test Subject
#123 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 10:07 PM
Sorry if this is already answered, but does this affect sims that aren't the active household too? Like, if I download the proposal and breakup flavour, and I play rotational, will one of the other households I play randomly break up/marry or do I have to be playing that specific household for this to happen? Bc it would be a bit of a shock to play one household and then come back to another with suddenly broken up/married sims
Theorist
Original Poster
#124 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purrdalecki
Sorry if this is already answered, but does this affect sims that aren't the active household too? Like, if I download the proposal and breakup flavour, and I play rotational, will one of the other households I play randomly break up/marry or do I have to be playing that specific household for this to happen? Bc it would be a bit of a shock to play one household and then come back to another with suddenly broken up/married sims

It will affect ones not in your household but only if they are on your lot or outside somewhere. Since they aren't actually doing anything when they're in "sim space" then they aren't socializing either. But it is possible for it to happen.
Theorist
Original Poster
#125 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kkemno
I really like this mod! Seriously, the game should have been like this in the first place! But anyway, I was wondering if this mod needs to be updated or something? When my game version was still 1.29, my sim could manually (user-directed) propose his lover with this mod on but now I'm on 1.30, I can't manually propose when this mod is inside my mods folder. Everytime I tried to propose, the notification that my sim was proposing would showed up, but the interaction itself always got cancelled abruptly. I took this mod (and only this mod) out and my sim could propose manually again

Did you update the mod when you updated your game? This mod has been updated for the newest patch. The new patch did break the old versions. Let me know, if you did update the mod with the newest version and it still has the problem, I will go through the codes.
Page 5 of 17