Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 4:29 PM
Default Edit in CAS
Okay since I keep getting messages asking for this mod, I guess I'd post it publicly anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w089qswzkys04q8

Built with game version 2.0 but I'm pretty sure it's compatible with Pirates and Nobles.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Okay since I keep getting messages asking for this mod, I guess I'd post it publicly anyway.

Built with game version 2.0 but I'm pretty sure it's compatible with Pirates and Nobles.

Thank you! :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 10:25 PM
As an aside, I noticed this mod (or perhaps in conjunction with another mod) disallows going into a saved kingdom (it just hangs on the very last load bit), though one can start a new kingdom fine with it (and I imagine load a kingdom that was started with the mod in play).
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trihell
As an aside, I noticed this mod (or perhaps in conjunction with another mod) disallows going into a saved kingdom (it just hangs on the very last load bit), though one can start a new kingdom fine with it (and I imagine load a kingdom that was started with the mod in play).

Both my saved kingdoms have been loading fine...this is the only mod I have installed however.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 1:44 PM
I can't reproduce the problem either. Anyone else can confirm this issue?
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 4:42 AM
I can't reproduce the problem either. Anyone else can confirm this issue?

Its happening to me as well. Locked in loading screen. Its the only mod installed.
I have the dll in the right place and configured correctly. I have pirates installed.
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 5:12 AM
I have heard of this issue from some with my core. Something is strange with some saves so they won't load. After starting a new kingdom I believe this is no longer a problem.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 7:46 AM
running 2.0 with pirates....
Well, it wont let me start a new game either.
things I tried...
switched to nraas nocd...I had a crack
uninstalled.. it was in programs directory.. installed it in c:\EA\ To get around the stupid windows protection of program directories.

I modded the heck out of TS3 so installing mods are not anything new to me...
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 8:00 AM
LOL I just redownloaded the file and it works.....
must have had a bad download.... wierd

Its cool... lest I fixed my install to a better setup.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 11:13 AM

Awesome, thanks!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:21 PM
Its still not working for me. I have Pirates and Nobles 2.0.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 5:36 AM
Need more info. How is it not working? The pie menu doesn't show up, the game's not loading, or what?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 4:38 PM
The pie menu doesn't show up.

Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 5:12 PM
Reading your post in the other thread, what do you mean you moved your framework to the new folder? What new folder? Do you have any other script mod working?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 5:42 PM Last edited by Kitty Paine : 28th Sep 2011 at 5:55 PM.
I just installed pirates and nobles, so I had to move the framework to the new expansion pack folder. It wouldn't let me exit CAS when I left it in the basegame folder. And I'm not sure. But it did work when I was running basegame only.
I have Shimrods More Quest Time, Your Edit in CAS and disable clothing filter (which does appear to work fine) and no intro.

Instructor
#16 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 7:01 PM
All of the folders and mods should remain in the same locations in the base game folder.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
All of the folders and mods should remain in the same locations in the base game folder.

I know, they are in the right locations and some like no intro work perfectly. But Edit in CAS doesn't show in the pie menu when I click a sim. But when I only had basegame before PaN it worked just fine.

Instructor
#18 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 9:13 PM
I never place mods anywhere except my base game mods folder. Have you deleted all the mod files from your base game folder? When I first updated to P&N I moved my folders, and at first I thought it was working, but as I changed my mods none of the changes showed up. Turns out the game was still using the mods folder I left in the base game.

I don't usually use this mod because my core has this ability, but I tried it out, and it works fine installed in the base game folder.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Kitty Paine : 29th Sep 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Yes I did. At first I forgot to move the resource, but once I moved it most of the mods started to work.

EDIT: Finally figured out the problem. I had to copy the dll into the basegame bin.

Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 12:12 AM
I'm having troubles with CAS in that it doesn't recognize outfit changes, and when I change body size/muscle those changes revert with in a few seconds of exiting CAS.

Grim, I tried your core, but with that I never got the pie menu for CAS when clicking Sims, but all the other functions were there.
Instructor
#21 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 1:20 AM
Myrrh:
This is a problem with any Edit in CAS. It is within EA's code so both my core or Treeag's mod will give the same results. I know of no certain fix.
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 12:52 PM
I got a problem. When I can't change sims's body's size. Can anyone know how to fix?????
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 4:27 PM
I'm wondering if it's possible to tweak the Edit in CAS mod to include the Save-Sim button. If I'm working a different kingdom but I want to make duplicates of my be-hooded guards of doom, it gets a bit frustrating to re-outfit and tweak them.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:31 PM Last edited by Hzarg : 11th Oct 2011 at 5:15 AM.
This likely can not be done or would have already been...

Use the debug Edit in CAS in Grim's Core instead, then in Core, export the sim with Save Carryover Sim, exit game, then in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves\CO rename the long file name to perhaps Doomguards.sim and move file to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\SavedSims... then load your new kingdom, and create as knights for example.

Just a suggestion...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 5:10 PM
I have Grim's core but the body slider doesn't appear to actually work for edit in CAS. Colain was the son of two very slender elfin types, but when he became an adult he turned into this grossly overweight character. I have tried editing him in CAS but as soon as he does anything besides stand still, he reverts. Is this just this sim or is it hardwired into the game?
I also have the lowfatsim mod which doesn't seem to help.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Page 1 of 2