Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 12:06 AM
Default The Parent Trap Challenge
Hey Blissful Simmers!

I recently began a new original challenge series on my YouTube channel (SIMple Bliss). It is called the Sims 3 Parent Trap challenge. You can link to the series on my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...fxMQ8wqlsghH2sT

Here are my so-called "rules" for this challenge, although I am mainly playing it because I want to enjoy developing the characters from the movie in Sims style! I just created a set of challenge rules for anyone who may want to do the same.

Backstory
Mitch and Maggie had a whirlwind romance in the big city. They quickly fell head-over-heels in love and decided to marry. Mitch moved his new bride to his country ranch, and they soon began their family. By the time Maggie gave birth to their twin girls, Susan and Sharon, the ambitious Mitch was very busy running the ranch and his successful business career and the hot-headed Maggie was longing for the urban, cultured life she left behind. Tensions began to build, even before the girls reached childhood...

Game Settings
No occults.
Set the lifespan accordingly: Toddler to 7 days; Child to 7 days; Teen to 14 days; and, set all others to the length you desire.
Set SEASONS so that it will be summer when the twins reach their teens and head to summer camp. Prior to that time, you may set the seasons as you desire, but here is how I will have it in my Let's Play (LP).... While the twins are toddlers, I will set Fall to 4 days and Winter to 3 days to correspond to the length of toddlerhood. Once the twins become children, I will set Spring to 7 days to correspond to the length of childhood. When the twins become teens, I will set Summer to 7-14 days to correspond to the length of their teen years/days. Once the challenge is complete and the girls are young adults, you may set the seasons however you desire.

Create or DL the following lots for your world: One large ranch home in the country with pool and stables; one large woodsy summer camp with small cabins, sports/hobby objects, and a pond; one small town dwelling (a high-rise apartment will work); and, one medium town dwelling (a high-rise or townhouse will work).

The Sims/Cast of Characters
• Mitch Evers, father of the twins and husband to Maggie McKendrick-Evers. Young Adult. Easily impressed, good sense of humor, loves the outdoors, and athletic.
• Maggie McKendrick, mother of the twins and wife to Mitch Evers. Young Adult. Hot-headed, proper, and schmoozer.
• Charles McKendrick, father of Maggie and husband to Louise McKendrick. Adult. Good, perceptive, and party-animal.
• Louise McKendrick, mother of Maggie and wife to Charles McKendrick. Adult. Proper, snob, and perfectionist.
• Verbena, housekeeper and nanny of the Evers household. Adult. Neat, nurturing, rebellious, and friendly.
• Vicky Robinson, acquaintance and eventual fiancé to Mitch. YA. Ambitious, dislikes children, hates the outdoors, diva, and mean-spirited.
• Susan Evers, twin of Sharon McKendrick and daughter of Maggie and Mitch. Toddler. Loves the outdoors and athletic.
• Sharon McKendrick, twin of Susan Evers and daughter of Maggie and Mitch. Toddler. Virtuoso and artistic.
The above Sims should be placed in a beginning household, Mitch's ranch home in the country. Using "testingcheatsenabled true," drag the relationship levels to "friend" all household members. Then, move Vicky to a small house in town, and move Charles and Louise to another medium to large house in or near town. Mitch, Maggie, Verbena, Susan, and Sharon stay at Mitch's house...for now. At the end of the first Sim week, Maggie will move out, taking Sharon with her, to live with her parents.

Secondary characters/Camper household (to be placed on a "summer camp" residential lot)
• Miss Inch, camp administrator. Adult or Elder.
• Miss Grunecker, camp chaperone. Young Adult or Adult.
• 4 female sims, campers. Teens.
The above Sims should be moved in to the "summer camp" just before teenaged Susan and Sharon move in. Miss Inch and Miss Grunecker should be friends (use Testing Cheats, if necessary). The girls/campers will all get to know one another once camp has begun.

Gameplay
Once Vicky, Charles, and Louise are moved out of Mitch's house, gameplay begins...

Toddlerhood---You have one sim-week to do the following:
• Both parents (Mitch and Maggie) must be best friends with both twins
• Both twins must learn all 3 toddler skills (talk, walk, potty)
• Mitch and Maggie must be romantic with one another and woohoo together at least once per day, until the last day of the week
• On the last day of the week--BEFORE the twins age up to children--Mitch and Maggie should quarrel and break-up. Maggie and Sharon should move in with Charles and Louise McKendrick.

Childhood---You have one sim-week to do the following:
• Day one, alternate households and make sure each twin ages up to a child
• Day two, play the McKendrick household, and make sure Sharon does her homework, works on one skill, and socializes with her household (both grandparents and her mother).
• Day three, play the Evers household, and make sure Susan does her homework, spends time swimming, and socializes with her household (her father and Verbena).
• Day four, play the McKendrick household, and make sure Sharon does her homework, socializes with a classmate, and socializes with her household.
• Day five, play the Evers household, and make sure Susan does her homework, socializes with a classmate, and socializes with her household.
• Day six, alternate households and make each twin does her homework and works on one skill or socializes with a classmate.
• Day seven, alternate households and make sure each twin socializes and builds skills. Age each twin up to teen.

Teenhood---You have one sim-week to do the following:
• Remove the school from your town (or use Mods for homeschooling)
• Move each twin to the "summer camp" lot (first make sure you've moved in the Camper household).
• Assign the girls to separate cabins (by assigning their beds)
• Have the girls meet and become enemies
• Then, move the girls into the cabin in the farthest corner of the lot together (by assigning their beds)
• Have them socialize their way toward becoming friends; by end of week, they must be friends.
• At the end of the week, they should each move out of the "camp" and into the home of the opposite parent from whence they came (i.e. Sharon goes to live with Mitch and Susan goes to live with Maggie and her grandparents).

Teenhood, continued---You have one sim-week to do the following:
• Each parent should become romantic with another sim (Mitch with Vicky and Maggie with a townie). Mitch should become engaged to Vicky.
• Each twin should become best friends with their parent and enemies with that parent's romantic partner. Once the twin is an enemy of the romantic partner, the parent should break up with the partner.
• Each twin should create situations in which their family is reunited--group outings; invite over; parties; showing up on the doorstep of the other's house; etc...
• Have the parents interact until they are once again romantic interests.
• Once, the parents are able, have them get engaged, then married. Reunite the family under one household before the girls age up to Young Adults.

Here is an optional scoring system:
• 10 points for each toddler skill learned by each twin
• 10 points for each skill point learned by each twin (child, teen)
• 10 points for each friend relationship each girl has by the end of child week
• 20 points for each twin that is an A student by the end of the child week
• 10 points for each friend made at summer camp
• 100 points if Sharon and Susan are enemies by end of 1st day of camp
• 20 points for each prank the twins pull
• 20 points for each successful group outing or party
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 5:43 PM
Nice challenge. I hardly see challenges that alternate between family.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 12:56 AM
I just started this challenge and i like it so much