Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 9:40 PM Last edited by SaphireKat : 24th Dec 2015 at 8:02 PM.
Default The Tribal Race
In an empty world, you and what remains of your familly and friends have banded together to survive. Slowly, other small familly groups arise from the darkness too. You form tribes, and begin civilization anew with limited resources. Do you have what it takes to thrive, or will you just crumble?

In this challenge, your task is to form a tribe out of a small splinter group and live through 8-10 generations before you are allowed to move your Tribe to a higher civilization.

STEP ONE: Lay the foundation of the town.
The town must be made from and empty map (any of your choosing) and you will need 7 lots to start. Place the largest sized lot you can get (60X60) in the middle of the map. This will be the "Gathering Place" For all of the tribes and will ALWAYS be the center of town (which means that the town MUST be built around this lot). Change the lot to a Large Park and build it how ever you want to, just make sure there are alot of benches, a deck/stage, and a fireplace. The rest of the items in the park are up to you. Make it nice because it will be the ONLY park permitted in this challenge. Next, you must put down 3 large lots (50x50 or simmilar to that) to be your residential lots. Put one small section of wall on each just so it will be easier later on when placing the Tribes. Next you will need 2 30x30 lots to build a fishing spot (ponds) and a grave yard. A moseleum may be put in the graveyard (This will be the only workplace available in this challenge). NOTE: If you happen to have Supernatural at the time, you may also add ONE SMALL alchemy shop as well

STEP TWO: Create YOUR tribe
Create a tribe of at least 4 sims. The tribe must consist of an Elder, the Elder's child, the child's spouce, and an unrelated sim. The Elder's child ans his or her spouce must be young adults, while the elder must be an elder (But that's given, Right???). The unrelated sim can be a young adult or adult. When making your tribe, give them a tribe-specific color and a tribe-specific physical trait. EX: They all wear red clothing and have pointy ears. ALSO keep the genders even.
NOTE: You may create up to three pets at the beginning if you want to

STEP THREE: Move your tribe into their new home!
This can be any of the 3 lots you prepared for living. Once you move your sims into the lot, build they're home like a "Mini Village". To do this, build a large building (but not too large) for your kitchen, bathroom, dining area, seating, bookshelves, and anything you may need for pets. Build smaller buildings for your sims to live in. These smaller buildings must have beds, a place to sit (Loveseat or couch recomended), and a skill Item (No telescopes, sorry). Base bedding arangements and housing arangements based off of your sims' relationships. EX: A man and his wife and child would be in one house/hut while the grandma would be in her own house. A few other sims would live in a different house across from them.
NOTE: Only old timey lights or lamps are allowed as lighting. No cieling lights. Wall lights are allowed ONLY IF they are candle-based. No computers, tvs, or telescopes either. Also, you may put an out door fire place in the center of you village. Cheats are also allowed for building.

STEP FOUR: Make two other tribes.
Do the same thing you did when you made your tribe. The only difference is that they must have different "Tribe features" and there can be up to 6 sims. Also follow similar rules when moving them into their homes.

STEP FIVE: Begin your adventure.
You can do this however you like. The best way to start is by having your sims have a baby.

RULES
*You may not have computers, tvs, radios or telescopes (tribe way of life, remember)
*No ceiling or wall lamps (Only exception is if the wall lamp is a candle lantern) Floor and table lamps allowed.
*Aging must be enabled
*Story progression must be enabled
*No cheats after the begining of the challenge
*A new tribe must be added every other generation
*A single household (20x20 lot 1 or 2 sims) must added every other generation (Must comply with other rules)
*A new pond must be added for every 2 tribes (3 tribes can have one pond, four tribes must have 2 ponds)
*A new grave yard must be added for every three tribes (3:1 6:2 and so on)
*You may only make a legacy from the main familly of your tribe (The pair of sims related to the first tribe elder)
*Though you are allowed to play as anyone in your tribe, you have to play a majority of your time as the youngest sim in your legacy.
*You are allowed to have unrelated sims get married at any time, just as long as you stay with your main legacy.
*You are allowed to check on the other tribes periodically

EVENTS:
Parties: All parties are to be held at the gathering and all friendly tribe's/tribe members are to be invited (Friends/ friends' tribe(s))
Funerals: The sim's remains are to be taken to the graveyard and placed in the graveyard at 8AM and the mourning will take place until noon. Only fammily members are allowed for the Mourning, anyone else can come afterwards
Conquering Enemies: If your entire tribe hates another tribe, you may delete that tribe from your map, OR, if your really sadistic you can get the Dexter the bear mod and use it.This is your choice, but this challenge isn't meant to be sadistic.
Alliancing: Becoming allies can occur through having your entire tribe become friends with another tribe or by cross marrying
Leaving Tribes: Noy really an event but if a tribe leaves because of story progression, place a new tribe. You do not have to replace a tribe if they were deleated through becoming enemies

SELF SCORING (You may have to write some of this down):
Allies +20 points for each tribe allied
War lord +20 points for each tribe conquered
Frenemies +10 points if your sim marries a sim from a tribe your tribe hates
New generation +5 points for every baby born to your tribe
Friends +1 point for every friend your sims have at the end of your challenge(Only current tribe members count)
Fine Student +1 point for every skill point your sims have at the end of the challenge (Only current tribe members count)
Unfinished Buisness -1 point for every enemy your sims have at the end of thge challenge (Only Current Tribe members count)
Losses -10 points for every sim that dies for a reason othger than old age
Extinction -50 points if you were unable to keep the tribe going for at least 8 generations

HAPPY SIMMING!!!!

NOTE: If this resembles anyone elses challenge, i will take it down
Recommended mods: Woohooer, portrait panel, and Master controler
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:29 PM
Ooh! this looks super fun! I'm starting it now, I'll post my tribe when i finish it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 5:07 PM Last edited by MadamTenshi : 30th Jun 2015 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Had some things on my mind
Well I had nothing else better to do, time to wipe out Lucky Palms and make some sims! But uh, 15 generations is a BIT overboard don't you think? Like 5 or 10 seems more reasonable, as I am certain it would get stale at that point.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neontardis
Ooh! this looks super fun! I'm starting it now, I'll post my tribe when i finish it.

Great, I'd like to see some screenshots!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadamTenshi
Well I had nothing else better to do, time to wipe out Lucky Palms and make some sims! But uh, 15 generations is a BIT overboard don't you think? Like 5 or 10 seems more reasonable, as I am certain it would get stale at that point.

True, I can change that. I'll go for 8-10
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 5:44 PM
UPDATE: Changed a few of the rules
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:55 AM
Sounds like Game of Thrones)
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 12:17 PM
However, it might be more interesting if tribes could really fight. For example, go and turn the enemy tribe into a gold (by philosopher stone) or play with witching spell to set up a fire on them or to freeze enemies to death... It doesn't seem really interesting just to delete enemy household from neighborhood...
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 12:37 PM
I am thinking... what if one tribe would be werewolves, another one of vampires and one more of witches ( or witch doctors)? or each tribe may have their own witch (-doctor)?

BTW, what is dexter the bear mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidalisova
I am thinking... what if one tribe would be werewolves, another one of vampires and one more of witches ( or witch doctors)? or each tribe may have their own witch (-doctor)?

BTW, what is dexter the bear mod?

What a coincidence! I am actually doing each tribe as a different supernatural race right now! My tribe is the Greywolves (werewolves) and the two other tribes right now are the Redcats (Witches) and the Blackhearts (Vampires). Two of my later tribes are going to be the Goldenwings (fairies) and the Silverbloods (humans) However, you can do whatever you want with your tribes as long as all the tribe members share the same last name and have a defining physical look. SO yes, there can be a tribe of witch/witch doctors, or each tribe can have they're own. If you want to go by witch doctor, the alchemy skill from Supernatural may be all that you need.

The Dexter the Bear mod is a mod where you can get a teddy clone that actually allows your sims to kill other sims. However, the law enforcement can still catch you even though there is no police department in the town, and then your sim gets stuck in jail for a long while. :/ I'd personally be careful with it, because the chance of being arrested is 50-50. Or you can just have your sims beat the other sims up THEN delete the enemy tribe from the town.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 7:48 PM Last edited by DragonTamer13 : 1st Jun 2016 at 7:58 PM. Reason: Random thought i had
This sounds really cool! I've gotta try it! -scurries off to make tribes-

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the whole 'gathering' aspect sounds like Warriors :D