Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:00 PM
Default Is flood and avalanche possible in The Sims 3 Seasons?
HI! I was just wondering, could it be possible to rain so heavily in TS3 Seasons, that it would cause flood in the entire neighborhood? What about, Heavy Snow on mountains causing avalanche?

I know this madness for DISASTERS in TS3 has gone so far, but, I just couldn't help but ask you about these mods below:

Time/Weather Change Mod - NEW Seasons Version from: http://modthesims.info/d/481816

Nraas Tempest mod - https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tempest

Have you played TS3 for a long time with these mods installed in your game? Does it cause you flooding, after setting the weather to all "rain"? How about, avalanche if you set it to all snow?

I would love to play TS3 for long periods of time but, unfortunately, my game keeps crashing after playing/saving for long periods of time.

Any feedback on any of these above mods, would be greatly appreciated. So, I don't need to try it myself, and waste precious time for a game that loads for 20 minutes and crashes 2 hours later, only to find out that, I cannot see floods and avalanche in the game. I am a realist, and would love to see big time disasters happen to sims. ( I don't like the meteor disaster though, it's very unrealistic and unlikely to happen in real life, compared to floods and avalanche.)

Thank You Very Much. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:07 PM
I've had my sims go through several heavy snowy winters and rainy springs, but nope, no avalanches or floods. I don't think such a thing is possible with the game engine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lilana_Astrix
I've had my sims go through several heavy snowy winters and rainy springs, but nope, no avalanches or floods. I don't think such a thing is possible with the game engine.

Thank You for your reply. Were you using either of the 2 mods I've mentioned when you had heavy rains and heavy snows or just using EA's standard weather settings?
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:39 PM
I'm not using those mods, but changing the weather patterns in your world won't change the physics of the game to allow flooding. Same as how cars never get stuck in the snow, the weather just doesn't alter the world in that way. I'm no coding expert, so I could be wrong though, and honestly, I hope I am. Natural disasters would make things a lot more interesting.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:56 PM
I'm wondering if there could potentially be a snowed-in mod, where the thickness of the snow layer is raised dramatically and all the doors are automatically locked for all sims. You'll need to survive indoors until the snow melts- but don't develop cabin fever!
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I'm wondering if there could potentially be a snowed-in mod, where the thickness of the snow layer is raised dramatically and all the doors are automatically locked for all sims. You'll need to survive indoors until the snow melts- but don't develop cabin fever!

Well, you could pretend and not allow your sims to leave the house until Spring Thaw. And if you use this mod from here on MTS, http://modthesims.info/d/505868 you can eliminate the Stir Crazy moodlet/Cabin Fever. Although getting snowed in for an extended period of time it's probably better represented by keeping the stir crazy still in, but however you like to play................................

And I am unaware of any mod that actually buries your town under snow that is impassable, or any flood mods. About the only natural disasters are things like lightening and meteors. If you would like greater control over such disasters, there is a mod, again here on MTS, http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=521931 which allows you to cast down blessings and disasters on individual sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 4:48 PM Last edited by objecterror : 23rd Jul 2014 at 5:08 PM.
Thank You all for your replies. I know this blessings and curses mod but, I am not a fan of meteors as I mentioned in post 1. Neither do I like lightning much or any fire-causing disaster that disintegrates sims or objects into ashes. ( I am still merciful enough to see sims, pets, plants and even objects get burnt.) . At least, my sims and their appliances are still intact after an avalanche or flood if there are mods like these in the future years to come. I just need a little repairing to do on floating/buried appliances after the devastation though. I hope Sims 4 has "Disasters" EP. I am so looking forward on building a refugee camp where there is free food, clean supply of water, plumbing, grocery amenities, meds and of course, free shelter.

What a dream!!!! Somebody knock my head off please!!!!

I hope, I am not the only one( darn cray cray) who is dreaming of a Disaster EP on The Sims 4 with included Refugee Camp with the EP. :lovestruc