Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 10:13 PM
Default Alien kids have floating spot above head
My alien kids aged up and they both have a floating blob above their heads. It seems to be related to hair because when I add hair the spot turns into the colour of the hair. I've removed all my mods and even aged up a third alien baby to check, but the third kid has it too. It's kinda driving me nuts, I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it, but can't figure it out. Anyone else having this problem?

Here's a pic:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
My alien kids aged up and they both have a floating blob above their heads. It seems to be related to hair because when I add hair the spot turns into the colour of the hair. I've removed all my mods and even aged up a third alien baby to check, but the third kid has it too. It's kinda driving me nuts, I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it, but can't figure it out. Anyone else having this problem?

Here's a pic:

Is no one else having this problem? Anyone have any ideas why this is happening in my game? Any ideas what I could do?
Instructor
#3 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 6:27 AM Last edited by Dixieland : 26th Nov 2015 at 7:10 AM.
Huh. This reminds me a bit of the floating cube glitch that affects horses in TS3.
I don't have too many alien kids at the moment, but I don't mind doing a bit of testing. I'll be back.

Okay, I'm back. I have the same issue: a tiny floating triangle. My hybrid aliens (non-abduction) do not have the floating triangle. However, my pure aliens (born of abduction) do. I cannot test with giving the pure ones hair because I'm currently on a lower patch level. However, according to your results, it sounds like it would keep happening, anyway. So my question is: Why do only alien children resulting from abduction have this issue?
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Smeg Head
#4 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 3:06 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 26th Nov 2015 at 3:16 PM.
It's a tiny, little camera (But not that little, eh?) that the pollinating parent has placed to follow their child around to observe how they interact while on another planet. Typical alien monitoring and surveillance equipment, to see if the human sim world is worth fully invading and conquering. So, when ever these particular child sims are near, just have human sims act as if life is crap, boring, dull, uneventful, resources are scarce (So no digging up ore and mineral treasures in front of these kids) and that should keep the alien invasion fleet from ever turning up in orbit.

I might have over-thunk this thing...

It's probably a age testing remnant, probably the exact height of an adult scalp and a little bit of alien skin colour texture left up there. If not an invasion cam...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Huh. This reminds me a bit of the floating cube glitch that affects horses in TS3.
I don't have too many alien kids at the moment, but I don't mind doing a bit of testing. I'll be back.

Okay, I'm back. I have the same issue: a tiny floating triangle. My hybrid aliens (non-abduction) do not have the floating triangle. However, my pure aliens (born of abduction) do. I cannot test with giving the pure ones hair because I'm currently on a lower patch level. However, according to your results, it sounds like it would keep happening, anyway. So my question is: Why do only alien children resulting from abduction have this issue?

Thanks for testing it Dixieland, much appreciated! Ah, so it IS just the pure aliens that get it. I don't see it when the kids are in disguise either, but I want them to be aliens when they're at home. Yeah, I was thinking of the horse cube too when I saw this, argh, and EA never fixed that one either. I wonder if it's the head instead of the hair, not sure if "bald" is considered hair. I wondered about the patch, if the fact that adding hair for aliens in that patch caused the problem, so thanks Guess not, so must be the head...argh, why is this annoying me so much!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
It's a tiny, little camera (But not that little, eh?) that the pollinating parent has placed to follow their child around to observe how they interact while on another planet. Typical alien monitoring and surveillance equipment, to see if the human sim world is worth fully invading and conquering. So, when ever these particular child sims are near, just have human sims act as if life is crap, boring, dull, uneventful, resources are scarce (So no digging up ore and mineral treasures in front of these kids) and that should keep the alien invasion fleet from ever turning up in orbit.

It's probably a age testing remnant, probably the exact height of an adult scalp and a little bit of alien skin colour texture left up there. If not an invasion cam...

LOL Coolspear! That's a good way of thinking, I'll think of that when that triangle thi...I mean alien invasion cam is annoying me :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1

Ok, I've just discovered a non-alien kid with the "invasion cam"...What gives? Have the aliens started following around my human sims too now?!