Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:23 PM
Where should my mods folder be?
I have a gateway and I am not sure where my mods folder should be. It automatically put it in the downloads section. Should I leave it there or does it go somewhere else. Please help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 12:42 AM
The Mods folder and its contents go inside of your TS3 game folder. For most, that would be in (user name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (or something like that, depending on operating system).

If you are working with the downloadable Framework from here, it doesn't matter where it gets downloaded to. It should be unzipped and the Mods folder inside, together with its contents, extracted and placed in the game folder. The illustrations on this page show exactly where it goes. They show Win 7, but it's exactly the same on 8.1 and 10, just might look a bit different around the edges.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 3:36 PM
Thanks for that. One more question. W here should my resource cfg file be? Mine is inside the packages folder with the mods I downloaded.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pantera2013
Thanks for that. One more question. W here should my resource cfg file be? Mine is inside the packages folder with the mods I downloaded.

There is an illustration (#4) in the link @igazor provided for setting up the framework.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:41 PM
As per the illustrations, there should be three and only three things in Mods: a folder called Packages, a folder called Overrides (usually left empty, some exceptions), and the Resource.cfg file hanging out loose. Your package based content goes into Packages. Resource.cfg does not go in there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 4:10 PM
Okay. Sorry it took a while for me to get back to you. I am working on it now. I hope I can get this to work. Now that I have a new computer I have to start over. Never had a gateway. I will let you know if I get it working. Thank you again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 4:15 PM
I think im going to delete everything and star over. nothing is where it should be. I moved things around and I think I messed things up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The Mods folder and its contents go inside of your TS3 game folder. For most, that would be in (user name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (or something like that, depending on operating system).

If you are working with the downloadable Framework from here, it doesn't matter where it gets downloaded to. It should be unzipped and the Mods folder inside, together with its contents, extracted and placed in the game folder. The illustrations on this page show exactly where it goes. They show Win 7, but it's exactly the same on 8.1 and 10, just might look a bit different around the edges.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

Thank you so much. I finally got it working. Now all I need is the no mosiac mod for the game and a few other cool things.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pantera2013
Thank you so much. I finally got it working. Now all I need is the no mosiac mod for the game and a few other cool things.

May I suggest a more flexible alternative to the mods usually referred to as No Mosaic?
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Decensor