Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:09 AM
Default Pls, I need help for some really bizarre problems about cc skins
I feel SOOOO sorry for asking, I've been browsing through still-existing-sims 1 sites in the past few days but the problem appears to be well beyond what I can handle, so I guess I have to post it here to see if someone could and would like to help:

I've made a head bmp and checked it using SimShow that it works (though my SimShow wouldn't read from gamedata, therefore, it can't execute the "import into game" function. I also have to put my file into the data folder under SimShow (instead of Sims) to make it appear there), the strange thing is: it shows up in neither my game nor the Sims Creator.

I'm sure that I've put all files (skn, bmp, cmx) into the skin folder under gamedata, and also there's no subfolder, it just wouldn't show up, the same thing happens to all other cc skins I've downloaded.
I also tried to send my bmp to one of my friends. The funny thing is: it worked on her game......I've even copied her skin folder and replace mine with it, still, nothing shows up......
Another problem is that, with my Sim Creator, I can only have one head mesh for male (namely the bald one haha~) and one for female (the Bella Goth hairstyle), does anyone know how to have more meshed in it? (Since I'm an OK painter, I found the paint tool REEAAALLY useful, but you could guess I don't enjoy doing bald head painting that much rofl)

Again, I apologize for asking so many questions....
''
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:51 PM
Hello. Not sure if I can help you, or if you solved it yourself, but maybe this is useful for you.

I've had that problem of skins or heads not showing up. Do you have more custom skins or heads? That could be the reason they don't show up. You say in your friend's game it appeared; does she have custom skins, or custom objects?

As for The Sims Creator, as far as I know it doesn't work properly or at all in new PCs. Maybe running it in a emulator will show the complete catalog, as you should be able to see every head and skin in the game.