Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:34 PM
Default Public phone
Hello,

I'm still working on my prison. However, for the Sims 1 there where public phones that you could use in the prison, even though it was on a residential lot. I was wondering, do these public phones also excist for the Sims 2. I already found some public phones, but it seems they are all for community lots. Does anybody know where I can find these, or is it in someway possible to place a public phone on a residential lot ?

Thanks a lot !
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:38 PM
There are two ways:

1) You can use SimPE to make the public phone appear in the residential buy catalog as well
2) Or, it's easier to just temporarily change the lot you're building to a community lot (with the changelotzoning "cheat"). You change the zoning, save/exit to neighborhood, re-enter the lot, place your phone(s), change the lot zoning back to residential, then save/exit-to-neighborhood/re-enter the lot again.

Either way, though, the public phone won't work as a residential-lot phone, if that's what you want. It'll just be decorative. I've never seen a public-style phone that's actually a residential phone. Doesn't mean one doesn't exist somewhere, of course.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 6:09 PM
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 10:19 PM
about changing lot zoning, best to do while lot is unoccupied.

long ago I cloned the community lot phone and made it available to both lot types. functioned on both lot types last I tried; had base game then.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 12:33 AM
@shastakiss Thank you this is just another item to add to my download for my community lots ( I told my self NO more downloads ) Oh Well

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@shastakiss Thank you this is just another item to add to my download for my community lots ( I told my self NO more downloads ) Oh Well

Yeah, that never lasts. XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:31 AM
That's the same I keep telling myself...No more downloads, but it's a never ending story. I now have almost 8000 downloads in my list, and I didn't counted the things that are in my collections and downloads that you must place in other places, like videogames, music or tv-shows...

I downloaded that pay-phone. Let's see what it does.

B.t.w. mdsb759, do you still have that phone ?

Thanks for all the replies so far guys
Alchemist
#8 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 7:59 PM
yes, I still have the phone; but updated it some time ago for Apartment Life. have not yet tested it after updating.