Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Pyronium3 : 31st Oct 2011 at 8:52 PM.
Default I think I found the cure to lot tears, needs testing.
Just discovered something:

When you edit your heightmap and import it into your world, be sure to reconnect your bridges to the roads. For some reason this causes them to disconnect.

We all know the joys of routing issues, don't we?

EDIT: Just realized something.. I was plagued by lot tears before, but in the current version of the world there don't seem to be ANY lots tears at all. Maybe when you export your heightmap, then import it (Keep in mind the above warning), save and never edit the terrain again, lot tears disappear.

If this is true (Can people test it?), it's a step we should all follow at the very end of the development of our worlds.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 9:16 PM
What I've found that works too is delete the lot with the lot tear, then click undo. It seems to get rid of the lot tear for me, but not sure if any others have had luck doing it this way or not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
What I've found that works too is delete the lot with the lot tear, then click undo. It seems to get rid of the lot tear for me, but not sure if any others have had luck doing it this way or not.

The problem is that once you edit the landscape somewhere, a lot on the complete opposite side of the world can suddenly show lot tears. They're so sporadic and unpredictable that we need a reliable way to get rid of them all at once.

Even with your method, which I know can work, there will still arise new problems. Whenever a lot tear is fixed (either with your method or just the conform edges), the terrain around it 'adjusts' to fit to the lot. This can also cause the terrain near other lots to deform again.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:05 PM
I'll keep this in mind for when I notice some lot tears, Pyronium3- it could be very useful! Until now I'd been replacing the lots, as I like to use addresses and price modifiers in my lots and these are lost if you delete>undo as birdyfly mentions.

Does this actually cause the world to deform to the lots simultaneously, or does it cause the lots to simultaneously deform to the world? I ask this because if it is the former then you might be best to check in-game objects, such as trees, after doing this. If the terrain has altered slightly you might find some things are hovering or too far embedded.

Thanks for the tip!
Instructor
#5 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 10:38 PM
But how do you fix lot tears on a lot you've already built on? If you do the delete/undo method when the lot comes back after hitting u do, it comes back empty... =(

I also tried Pyro's method, which seemed to work. I'm pretty sure I'm not done changing the terrain, yet, so we'll see if this step can be done "as needed". If so, it's a life saver!

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:46 AM
I think you'd need to replace that lot in EIG, Redhead Creations.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 6:49 PM
Do you know anyway to repair lot tears in game?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 10:54 PM
No, you can't edit the world terrain in-game, AshleighLouise1997- except by adding a lot. So if you get tears, you are pretty much stuck with them.
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 1:10 AM
I usually just move the lot away to the side then put it back where it should have been. If it's still funky I move it, smooth or level the area and pull it back over again.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#10 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 12:38 PM
I know this is an incredibly old thread. However, I just wanted to say (for anyone looking for a cure to lot tears) this method did NOT work for me. I replaced all my lots one by one (delete-undo) as I was giving them addresses. Ended up with some lot tears still, especially in places that aren't flat so I wanted to give this method a try. I ended up with this:

Lots that were flat are now incredibly higher than where they should sit. It did not affect all of them in a single area. None of them had been built on. Don't know what happened but luckily I haven't saved!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."