Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Patterns look too blurry on clothes. Help please?
Couple of days ago I have just bought Sims 3 - original game. I installed it properly and my computer can handle the game. It doesn't crash or something, so I think that computer is not the problem. The thing is that every pattern looks blurry on clothes, but only on clothes. It works fine on furniture, walls, floors, etc.

Here is the screenshot:

The whole image is blurry (it's not my fault, that is because of free image hosting site) but you can see the difference, right?
If you have some kind of solution, share it please!
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:31 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:36 PM
Ok here they are:

==System==

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: System Manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Proccesor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs)
Memory: 894MB RAM
Page File: 546MB used, 1620MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

==Display==

Name: ATI Radeon Xpress 1250
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0x791E)
Approx. Total Memory: 320.0MB
Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.6666
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:29 PM
Since the problem is isolated to clothing, I'll ask another staff member to comment on if this has another cause. However, you don't meet minimum requirements to even run the game. You have integrated graphics coupled with the rest of your system is under minimum requirements to compensate. Your graphics are also unsupported so it may not work regardless, but with integrated graphics you need at least 1.5gb of ram with XP.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 1:50 PM
Perhaps this is too obvious, but have you noticed that there are two separate "texture detail" and "sim detail" settings in Game Options? If the patterns look blurry *only* on sims, maybe you've got the sim one set to Low.

However, like callistra said, with your machine there may very well be a good reason to kep it at Low -- still you could try to just temporarily change it, so that you can see whether or not this is the reason for the difference you see.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.