Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Suspended ceilings
Well, it should seem ridicolous, but for a mainly-modern builder like me that's a staggerin' problem that ruins most of the game experience.

I was building a modern house and i had to level a story to foundation heigth. There was already tiles above and below the level, but i didn't care about, since in TS2 that wasn't a matter for the game engine. I've leveled the story whit cfe cheat (And the old cheap trick) and then skipped to next task. Then, when i've finished building that damn house, i've decided to take a wide-view look to see if there was detail to finish off, and i saw THE BUG. The top-enclosing ceiling, which was mean to be a foundation-height space above the underlying one, was suspended at full wall-height, something more than 6 feets above.

Seems an alien recon flyboard, huh? But that's not Destroy All Humans or some alien shooter, it's The Sims 3! And that's awful.

Is there any know cause/solution? Any bugfixing mod somewhere in the net? I would be satisfied even to know that someone here in Italy is going to fly to Vancouver and kidnap some EA's programmer to make him working 24/7 on bugfixes!
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:53 PM
I think you probably broke something messing with CFE improperly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:58 PM
It's not so much "broken due to using CFE improperly" as "what always happens if you try to CFE walls to less than full height." It sucks. But I don't think there's a way to fix it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
It's not so much "broken due to using CFE improperly" as "what always happens if you try to CFE walls to less than full height." It sucks. But I don't think there's a way to fix it.

Fine. I'm just going to buy an airline ticket for Vancouver. xD

Thanks anyway.
Site Helper
#5 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:59 PM