Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:15 PM
Default Smelly Sim Moodlet Won't Go Away
I am having an issue in game where one of my Sims constantly gives the "Disgusted" moodlet when he isn't smelly at all. Whenever he goes around a sim, they think he smells. There is nothing in his inventory that would cause it and I have took several showers and baths with no change. I recently purchased the "Dirt Defiant" Lifetime happiness award and then noticed this occurring. Is it possible that the reward somehow bugged out? I don't know why the game is registering him as smelly when around other sims. Any solution would be really appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:18 AM
One of my sims had that for a few days untill I realised it was a long lost spoiled Birthday Cake she had in her Inventory that she had fished up.

Have a really close look in inventory, more than likely something there

I looked in her inventory for 2 days and overlooked the cake (must be blind) lol

Cheers

PS and speaking of things bugging out, my sim learned 2 levels of cooking but did not get a skill up....seemed stuck somehow but it fixed itself and i DO NOT have any mods installed.

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shrekheatherbelle
One of my sims had that for a few days untill I realised it was a long lost spoiled Birthday Cake she had in her Inventory that she had fished up.

Have a really close look in inventory, more than likely something there

I looked in her inventory for 2 days and overlooked the cake (must be blind) lol

Cheers

PS and speaking of things bugging out, my sim learned 2 levels of cooking but did not get a skill up....seemed stuck somehow but it fixed itself and i DO NOT have any mods installed.

I know for certain that it isn't anything in his inventory since I emptied it out and in parenthesis, I'm guessing it wouldn't be saying "from encountering smelly sim" if it was just something in my inventory. He also doesn't get the moodlet... just the people around him. I think you also get the moodlet if it is just something in your inventory. Thank you for the reply though.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:56 PM
I am having this exact same problem with one of my sims. She can brush her teeth and shower and be showing both "Minty Breath" and "Squeeky Clean" (with no negative moodlets herself at all) and both her brother and her sister get "Disgusted (from encountering a smelly sim) whenever she is in the same room. She has no lifetime rewards yet and the only things in her inv are 5 uncommon seeds and the current day's newspaper.

I am completely befuddled by this, but at least now I know I'm not the only one!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:30 PM
I believe I have isolated what may have caused this, and the next AwesomeMod will include a purger for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 6:08 PM
Pescado, my poor "smelly" sim thanks you from the bottom of her pixilated heart. :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 6:26 PM
Try putting in the cheat testingcheatsenabled true - hold CTRL and click on the smelly thing. it should go away.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 5:58 AM
I had a sim with the same issue, however, i think i know what was disgusting him...and others around him... i was pushing a teen/YA relationship on him and he went to jail...lost his job, girlfriend went from full green to almost full red. And I checked for days to try and get him a new job and the option wouldn't return to active in his pie menu. Until I read this.. i thought that my core mods were competing. Now I think, these interactions may have been an add to the Awesome mod?!?! Pescado's Quote..."Enables pedophilia, you SICKOS. Don't think this won't go unpunished!"
Now dont get all fisty on me Pescado, cause I have seen you chew up commentor and spit them out. Because i think you're Awesome and wouldn't trade your mod for the 60 that it would take to replace it...you were also right in the comment that there can be only one! I won't be pressing the pedo anymore...poor unemployable sim.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM
If you read the awesomemods's threads, you would have indeed known that this is Pes' doing. I would suggest that you take it up with him, as we are not support for his hacks.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:43 AM
my intent isn't to take anything up with him...nor to seek any support from MTS...and no I am clearly unable to keep up with the amount of "threads" the sims culture creates...i just happened along this one and realized what my disgused lil sim was doing...I personaly admire the skill that all the moders have...I can barely get my bikini top to show up in multiple clothing categories. I think this it is Funny as only a seriously creative person trying to make a point could pull off.