Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 2:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default A Problem With Adding Mods to the Game
Sorry to bother, but I have a slight "noobish" problem with adding mods to The Sims 3. I have one mod, the no-mosaic.package by Rick. First, I tried creating my own "Mods" folder and putting the package in that. Then, I downloaded the Resource.cfg off the Sims 2 wiki website. When I started up The Sims 3, it got past the intro and then froze at the loading screen. I took off the mod to see if this was the problem, but it wasn't. Then, I tried taking Resource.cfg out of the folder and putting the mod back in. Sure enough, the game worked, but the mod didn't. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? If so, it would surely be appreciated.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 2:12 PM
Use the Helper Monkey to setup the initial framework for you, and to install mods.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:51 PM
Thanks for the help. I had tried that, but it didn't work. There was a problem with the text in the Resource.cfg but it has since been resolved.