Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 7:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Should Not Appear in Game
I wasn't sure where to ask this, but I noticed people were asking general help questions in this forum, so sorry if it should have gone in help.

Anyway, I was redecorating an uninhabited pre-made house, and I noticed, right in front of the door, was a white box (like the effects boxes). I clicked on it, and the title of this box was labeled "Should not appear in game". Anyone know what that's about?
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 7:48 AM
Help, surprisingly, goes in help. Not sure why you thought "Everyone else is ignoring the blatant rules, I will too."

Those boxes should go away if you put the house in the bin and replace it in the neighborhood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 8:05 AM
I didn't ignore anything, my concern shows that I did take notice of the rules, but if they aren't enforced, they're pretty pointless. I just wanted to know what the box was. Either way, no disrespect was intended, and my apologies for thinking it was okay to follow the crowd.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 8:08 AM
if they aren't enforced, they're pretty pointless

I spend 80% of my time in the forums moving threads from Discussion to Help. I suppose we could brand offenders with a scarlet N. Come to my house. I'll get the branding iron.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 6:09 AM
^ You promise?
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd May 2018 at 7:10 PM
I came here from Google to find an answer to the same question. I'm finding a bunch of these boxes. I think they are all at the bottom of multi-width stairs and would block sims from using some of them, creating a bottle-neck. What are they, and why are they there?

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but it is still Google viable. It was the lone response for 'Sims 3 what is the white box labeled "Should not appear in game"?'

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Scholar
#7 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:19 AM
it just comes from the stairs idk why but just deleting them should work fine. I typically see them with some downloaded lots.