Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:55 AM Last edited by chocoberrychoco : 9th May 2018 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Making the title more clear

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
Default How big should the world file in InstalledWorlds be?
Hi! So I’m working on editing Monte Vista and replacing some of the trees. Everything seems fine, but the file size (of the .world in the InstalledWorlds folder) is huge compared to other worlds once I install it. My edit is about 124 kB while the original is around 111 kB. Other worlds are around 60-90 kb. Does anyone know if the .world file for my edit too large or okay?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2018 at 3:13 AM
I assume your unit of measure should be MBs there, not KBs. But that small amount of file bloat doesn't sound anything like a problem to me and yes, MV is larger in file size than some of the others to begin with as are Hidden Springs and Roaring Heights.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:19 AM Last edited by chocoberrychoco : 10th May 2018 at 2:27 AM. Reason: I can't read punctuation or round numbers
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I assume your unit of measure should be MBs there, not KBs. But that small amount of file bloat doesn't sound anything like a problem to me and yes, MV is larger in file size than some of the others to begin with as are Hidden Springs and Roaring Heights.

Thanks for the response! I think it's supposed to be KB unless I'm misreading something. Here's a pic of my files (Monte Fixta is my edit). Also, is there a limit to how large your world file should be before running into problems or is the file size totally irrelevant?

Edit: I can't tell a comma from a period. My English teachers, and Math ones too probably, are weeping right now. It's 123,796 KB, so about 124 MB not 123 KB since, that's a comma not a period.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I can only tell you I have the NY world and it is 140MB, so anything under that should be fine.

Does that world run worse than other worlds that have a smaller file size or is there not really a difference? Thanks for the input though !
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:11 AM
The world that you are calling Monte Fixta is 123,796 KB. That's a comma, not a period, meaning over one hundred twenty thousand KB. So the world is around 123 MB, not 123 KB. And yes, those file sizes are fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th May 2018 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The world that you are calling Monte Fixta is 123,796 KB. That's a comma, not a period, meaning over one hundred twenty thousand KB. So the world is around 123 MB, not 123 KB. And yes, those file sizes are fine.

Oh... I feel so stupid right now . Thanks for clearing that up!