Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 868 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 11th Oct 2017 at 2:17 PM.
Default SweetFX causes game to crash?
I downloaded SweetFX by brntwaffles on tumblr a few months back. My game ran 100% fine, but I didn't see a visual difference. The colors were dull like usual and it didn't do squat, despite all of the needed files being in the main game Bin folder.
So, I decided to download and install the mod again, putting all the files in the Bin folder as instructed to.
I don't know what happened, but I got an error message for a missing dll.
I decided to install the latest version of Direct X. Now the game will crash on startup.
I have Windows 10, no viruses, and no other visual mods.
Please help so I can play again with brighter colors
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 6:05 PM
waste of time using this makes the game actually look worse. you can't make a game with bad gfx from the start look better

XtraSims MIRROR floors and more FREE and premium items https://www.patreon.com/xtrasims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 6:19 PM
I'm trying to delete the SweetFX so I can actually play. Says the folder is in use and other than Origin, nothing sims-related is open.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:18 PM
Okay, you need to remove the SweetFX files, then repair the game, so any missing files are restored. Then the game should run fine.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:34 PM
The files won't delete.
staff: moderator
#6 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:57 PM
Have you closed Origin and tried to delete them? If not, try it. If you have done that, try closing everything that's open and restarting your computer. Then try deleting the files again.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartkinz17
The files won't delete.

The folder is most likely set to read-only. Right-click on the Bin folder and choose Properties and untick the read-only box. You can tick it back on after you've repaired the game.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#8 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 2:17 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 3:17 PM
I got it fixed thx