Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 2:16 AM
Sunset Valley + Monte Vista
Hi, I just downloaded Monte Vista and I loved it :lovestruc Nevertheless I think it doesn't have a lot of free space to add some community lots and homes. I was googling trying to find if there was a enhancement of this world, but I couldn't find any.

But I found that with CAW we can create our own worlds. I'm not an artistic person I tried CAW for a couple of days but I got frustrated... it is not friendly as the build mode on the sims. So I started wondering if it is possible to combine two existing worlds into one, what I mean is: adding Monte Vista's downtown to Sunset Valley. (as in the image... I just want the small mountain with the fortress... it looks like Toledo or Segovia in Spain, isn't it? )

I know this could sound silly, but I just want to have Monte Vista's downtown and enough space to do most of the activities and tasks from all the EPs. I also tried loading Sunset Valley's objects into Monte Vista world (as in this video ) without success. On this forum, MTS, I found the CAW map of Monte Vista with the textures, but I could't figure out how to add that over Sunset Valley world.

I'm new on CAW, english is not my native language so I'm not sure if what I'm tryying to accomplish is imposible. If not, does someone have a tutorial that I can follow? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!! :D

**As I said, I'm not an artistic person... even paint is new for me
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:11 AM
To the best of my knowledge, what you want is pretty much impossible - you COULD combine the two heightmaps together, but you'd still have to paint the terrain and add the objects and lots from Monte Vista by yourself, which seems like a bit of a hassle for a novice. If I were you, I'd download the Monte Vista files ready to open in CAW (available here: http://cawster.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/monte-vista/) and just add the extra lots that you need in Monte Vista itself! Good luck, and keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:36 AM
Thank you so much Qahne! I knew it was silly, but it was worth asking. I'll try adding roads and lots to those world files with CAW.

again: thanks!!!!!!