Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11201 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 3:58 PM
It's the only career, though, that doesn't require any skill whatsoever.

(I think there's a message hidden in there.)
Advertisement
#11202 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 4:49 PM
They are completely unrelated. Owning a resort is more like owning a bar or any other venue, only with more things to do and look after, but being a resort owner is not a career or profession.

That tip with the Schmoozer trait, is, btw, a bit pointless. You'll succeed in business much quicker with the Workaholic and Ambitious traits. The two factors that boost or slow job performance in the business career are a Sim's relationship with their boss and co-workers. The boss is more important though, so the Schmoozer trait can help with the suck-up-to-boss tone, co-workers factor in at a much later stage, and can be counterbalanced by the hold-meetings tone.
But Workaholic and the power-work tone and Ambitious allow you to almost completely ignore when you have no relation to either your boss or your co-workers and the bad influence this usually has on your job performance.
Scholar
#11203 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:11 AM
an obvious "discovery" but I'm really coming ot terms with the fact that if you want to work out all the kinks in a world you have to play a save of it...sometimes extensively...just to throw the thing back into caw and mess up the save you've grown attached to.
Field Researcher
#11204 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 4:58 AM
I discovered that sims can literally set the house on fire after eating a spicy dish Call up the smoke detectors, because apparently my sim is a dragon... or a blowtorch
Forum Resident
#11205 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 12:46 AM
If it helps, I played a resort empire lifetime wish and it was one of the funnest games I've ever played.
Field Researcher
#11206 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 4:39 AM
(I don't think this has been noted in this thread, although it's up to 450 pages so I can't be that sure...)

With NRass' Traveler, your whole sim family can visit a standard world (like good ol' Sunset Valley) as a vacation world. Unlike the regular vacations worlds from WA, the world you're visiting will have a school. Combining that with Generations, the school in the world you're visiting will hold proms (unless you have Story Progression set to not allow proms).

If your teen is in town when prom is being held, they will be allowed to go to that school's prom even though they won't have to go to school because they are on vacation. They can then be crowned prom queen/king of the school in that world.

With time, cash, and patience, a teen sim could travel to every single world you have and become prom queen/king in all of them- making your sim the prom queen/king of the universe.
Mad Poster
#11207 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
With time, cash, and patience, a teen sim could travel to every single world you have and become prom queen/king in all of them- making your sim the prom queen/king of the universe.

Now this is something I've never thought of to even try. Is this the missing step that always comes right before "Take Over the World"?
Test Subject
#11208 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:52 AM
I discovered while building a tiny house that if you put a sink a space away from a toilet in just the right way, sims will actually walk around the toilet and use it. This came as such a relief as before this, I couldn't get the shower, toilet, and sink to work all in the 2x2 bath room, and I reallly didn't have any good place to put the sink.
Mad Poster
#11209 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 5:39 PM
SP Meanies is actually here. The link above leads to SP Others, one of its companion sets of Personalities out of the six, but also fun for those who are into that sort of thing. And yes, I am not a violent person by any means but you had better get that finger away from my nose if you intend to keep it.
Mad Poster
#11210 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:06 PM
The idea that all these links are going to be dead next month bothers me beyond reason. I fucking hate dead links.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#11211 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:16 PM Last edited by igazor : 13th Jul 2018 at 4:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
The idea that all these links are going to be dead next month bothers me beyond reason. I fucking hate dead links.

First of all, our service level at Wikispaces does not go dead next month. We are not what they call a "free or classroom" wiki, it only looks that way because we don't charge our members for site usage. The current dire sounding July warning does not apply to us. The NRaas wiki as we know it today will be in place until the end of September, although it may at the end there have to go into Read Only mode as the final content and message board ports over to the new site are completed.

Second of all, beyond that what exactly would you like us to do? We will try to arrange for redirects to the new site as we can, and although that should work we can't really at this point absolutely guarantee that they will be honored in October and beyond or that maybe some day way in the future such redirects won't stop working. But content where one knows what one is looking for as in this example should still be easily findable once a player reaches the new site regardless. An SP add-on module will still be showing under the SP base mod. For sanity's sake, I would strongly suggest not being too concerned about it.
#11212 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 8:04 PM
Is there an actual estimate as to when the files will be moved and accessable? I've got a reference to an NRaas mod in one of my uploads and realised that it would be pretty pointless to link to it currently.
Mad Poster
#11213 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Is there an actual estimate as to when the files will be moved and accessable? I've got a reference to an NRaas mod in one of my uploads and realised that it would be pretty pointless to link to it currently.

We're going to have to go with Sept 30 as a target for now. Afraid we are at the mercy of Chain's busy schedule and of course we don't want to unveil the new site before it's as functional as it needs to be.
Field Researcher
#11214 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Now this is something I've never thought of to even try. Is this the missing step that always comes right before "Take Over the World"?

Considering the number of friends you end up making during all of the travel, it's a darn good start.
Mad Poster
#11215 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Okay. Maybe we should all change our posting habits just to accommodate you....

Maybe it's perfectly fine to post a link that's going to be dead soon when the person on the other side of the conversation is going to read your post in the next couple of days, but many MTS threads are indexed on Google and read by people in need of help with their game. Look at any thread more than 5 years old, and there's plenty, and half the links are dead. Scroll back in any of the picture threads, and most of the pictures are dead because everyone used an unreliable image host.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#11216 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 5:32 PM Last edited by igazor : 18th Jul 2018 at 11:24 PM.
We still occasionally see players looking for Indie Stone or NRaas mods at CrazyTown because blogs and other types of web posts from before 2011 are still showing old information or players have returned to the game after not having played it for eight or nine years. We also see players wondering what ever happened to the MonkeyHelper method for installing mods and asking if they should still make TS3 Large Address Aware, etc. The best we can do is redirect them or fill them in on what has become obsolete when they ask for assistance, wherever we happen to see them asking for it.

How about if we leave discussions over how NRaas is to be run and support is to be provided to us at NRaas? Things like this can be discussed over there or wherever it is we are at the exact moment calling our "home" if input and feedback are really necessary. MTS is not unique in this regard, but we can't devise a strategy to address years or even weeks old threads with stale links in them until we see what is really going to happen in October.

Edit:
As long as we're on the topic over here anyway, Wikispaces is not shutting down entirely until the end of Jan 2019. There is a level of service above ours (much more expensive) that will stay in place until then. So the real question is probably, subject to testing and confirmation at a later time, what will happen to our redirects in Feb 2019. Or more likely, what will happen to the redirects in some other year way off in the future when Wikispaces isn't even a distant memory for its parent company anymore and someone or something shuts the redirecting server down. But these are questions we will attempt to address when the time comes as there is nothing we can really do until then.
Site Helper
#11217 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 7:43 PM
The fact that you can find people posting new comments in threads that have been dead longer than the person has been alive is an indication that no matter how you plan for it, life happens, things change, and there are people who don't take this into account when they google. I agree that posting something you know is going to be a dead link soon should probably be accompanied by the notice "This link is subject to change, and I don't guarantee that I will get around to changing it when it becomes necessary." But if you really think about it, every link in existence already implies that warning notice.

(And if you look at the history of NRAAS, the fact that it is moving once again is highly appropriate. They started out as gypsies, wandering from site to site. They have had a lot of experience with moving, even if this time they don't have Twallan packing the bags. They can handle this.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#11218 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 9:19 PM
I still wonder what happened to that guy. Mysterious dude, that Twallan. He comes, he gives, and once he's no longer needed, he crawls back into whatever rabbit hole he came from.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#11219 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:40 PM
I'm not sure if its the Evil or Mean Spirited trait, but one of the two is prompted a Sim to want to see her own child's ghost, even through they have good relationship (They are "best friends" and I still saw the mother's want to see her own child's ghost. I usually use that as a prompt to kill the Sim, but I'm not killing my child Sim.)
Mad Poster
#11220 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I'm not sure if its the Evil or Mean Spirited trait, but one of the two is prompted a Sim to want to see her own child's ghost, even through they have good relationship (They are "best friends" and I still saw the mother's want to see her own child's ghost. I usually use that as a prompt to kill the Sim, but I'm not killing my child Sim.)

I don't actually know if this will satisfy the wish, but if either sim has a chemistry table (Generations) to work at they could given enough time produce a Ghost Potion that can make the child a ghost for a few sim hours with no deaths required.
Lab Assistant
#11221 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:53 PM
I JUST noticed after so many years that a sim's trait icon in the simology tab gets a glowing/pulsating border when they do something related to that trait
It's so subtle I never noticed it! I'm shocked!
Scholar
#11222 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:03 AM
in sunset valley either the comorant or shearwater lot is named 180 wright way;just like the big white manor in pleasantview in sims 2...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
#11223 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:31 AM
Sims can woohoo at the bistro. Have they always been able to do this? I digress.

They get kicked out, then when you try to have them order food, the option is greyed out. Pfft.
Another user of NRaas Woohooer spotted. (It's Woohooer that unlocks all rabbitholes for whatever your Sims did when you sent them in there)
Mad Poster
#11224 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I don't actually know if this will satisfy the wish, but if either sim has a chemistry table (Generations) to work at they could given enough time produce a Ghost Potion that can make the child a ghost for a few sim hours with no deaths required.

I don't have Generations, so no chemistry table. The only "no death" ghosts that I've seen in my game are the ones that occasionally come out of the Fall Festival Haunted House.

The child had the wish to see her mother's ghost a little bit after her mom got the want, so I'm thinking they may have been over-reacting to a negative interaction. (Child is Evil, so it may have been mom's Evil trait coming into play.)
Mad Poster
#11225 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:52 PM
Sims can woohoo at the bistro. Have they always been able to do this? I digress.

They get kicked out, then when you try to have them order food, the option is greyed out. Pfft.

Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Another user of NRaas Woohooer spotted. (It's Woohooer that unlocks all rabbitholes for whatever your Sims did when you sent them in there)

The Sunset Valley Board of Health and Hygiene has been on our case about that for years. Some nonsense about food handling and surface sanitization procedures on commercial property needing to be followed. And yet Treehouse and Sauna woohoo don't bother them in the slightest. Go figure.
Page 449 of 490