Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 10:36 AM
Default nvida 8600 gt running at 50C while idle and also playing the sims 2 ?
its summer here in australia and the nvida monitor says my gpu is 50C is that ok? but is that too hot? my computer is running fine even while playing the sims 2 its between 49 and 50C

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:48 PM
Yes, that's actually very good.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 6:56 AM
Thats fine. Am from aust too, my old pc use to go up to that temp, its expected for pcs to cook like that in aussie heat. My newer pc goes up to 35-40c in extreme heat, and 18-25c in normal temps. You can add some chassis fans inside to add more cooling, or better yet open the left panel of the case to help fluctuate air more if its a concern. Ive also got a large floor fan which i can place under my desk which helps keep my pcs nice and cool.
#4 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 7:07 AM
Thats really good. I too am Aussie, and with the heat around here, that is running a nice temp. One of my older cards ran at 74 degrees and just died in the butt. But there is nothing to worry about with that temp.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:38 PM
my card runs at 50c...its good!