Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 6:36 PM
Default Purchased Traits?
"Fulfilling a Sim's wish can give you points that you can spend to purchase special bonus traits -- such as "Haggler" (pay less for stuff you buy in stores) or "Steel Bladder" (you don't have to use the bathroom anymore)."
-- Gamespy

Isn't this so amazing??

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-sims-3/902155p1.html
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 6:39 PM
That's a brilliant idea! Kind of like the aspiration benefits from FT. Makes me want TS3 even more... February can't come fast enough :D!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 6:43 PM
I know!! At first I was like, it is going to be so fast, but then I realized it was going to be a while.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 7:32 PM
This feature sounds really exciting too. So does this mean sims could have more than 5 traits?

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
This feature sounds really exciting too. So does this mean sims could have more than 5 traits?

I think the article meant "traits" more as in "rewards" as opposed to personality trait. Sort of like the aspirational benefits we get in FT like Rabid mentioned earlier. I do hope in later eps they allow our Sims to have more than 5 traits but I can see how having too many traits could make for some schizophrenic behavior and probably make them less unique rather than more so.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
I think the article meant "traits" more as in "rewards" as opposed to personality trait. Sort of like the aspirational benefits we get in FT like Rabid mentioned earlier. I do hope in later eps they allow our Sims to have more than 5 traits but I can see how having too many traits could make for some schizophrenic behavior and probably make them less unique rather than more so.

well, yes they would be quite schizophrenic, but they cannot have any contradicting traits (good/bad, slob/neat freak, etc.)
Instructor
#7 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 4:12 PM
I think it's a great idea as over time people do change and develop other traits. I'm sure these bonus rewards/traits will affect our Sims quite noticeably.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 8:49 PM
This is a great idea. I am all for my Sims being rewarded. Rewards will make you feel like you really accomplished something, so it is nice.

I think the special rewarded traits are not any of the ones we normally choose. These are special exclusive ones that are not available elsewhere. These seem to work more like skills in a way.
#9 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 10:35 PM
Steel bladder=no
;; sorry, just kinda
>> bleh
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 12:19 AM
That's pretty cool. Reminds me of the unlockable interactions in the console games, which I was hoping for.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 2:53 AM
Yeah, these traits are just added to the ones you already have but as special ones that are probably temporary (I don't see the realism of "steel bladder" being permanent). They are probably just meant to be for a while.

Also, these are called Lifetime Happiness Points. Wishes are similar to wants but more in relation to your Sim's traits and mood, etc., and not just random like in Sims 2. Promised Wishes are just when you turn the wishes into a promise as in a goal to fulfill it or if not your Sim will be depressed/unhappy for a while. They will be the opposite when fulfilled.

Thank God there's no fears!
#12 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 11:07 PM
No fears!

There probably are going to be in the higher difficulties, though. ;;
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 12:53 AM
No the higher levels are just for making relationships harder and jobs more challenging, etc.
#14 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 1:20 AM
I guess it's an Okay Idea. I love playing games where it's kind of like life. I mean, Some things in TS2 are a bit fantasy, and then the other half it's totally possible. :p
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 2:24 AM
Challenges and mini-games are what make Sims 3 seem fun because they add to everything else that seems to be fun already.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 2:12 AM
I think we are. With the opportunities system for example, there is a challenge that you can accept where you can offer to wash dishes for a restaurant because their sink was broken and the reward will be the chance to work there but i think there might be an added bonus versus just applying to the culinary career directly... like maybe you get promoted or something?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 3:16 AM
Well, you can still use the newspaper and computer to look for jobs. But to make the Opportunities system more beneficial and rewarding, maybe you can start at a higher level? I mean I want to feel like it's different, you know?
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 10:16 PM
If they have college in the base game or in an expansion pack, I hope it isn't as boring as it was in TS2.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 2:17 AM
College in this case should be for all ages, not just young adults, seeing as how young adults are now the default age. And college should not be required to be in a separate town which most likely it won't. I'm sure now we can have college the same way as school is for kids and teens, which is doable for me.
#20 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 6:27 AM
Yea I agree I think adults should be able to go to collage if they want to.One of your sims might decide she wants her a better education so she can get a better job and have more income coming into the family.I also think it would be a good idea to let the sim choose if they want to live on the collage ground or if they want to continue living at home and travel everyday.

Example a married sim might decide she wants to stay on the collage ground thou it would require her to seperate from her family till she graduated she could still invite them over or call them.She could also choose to continue to live where she does and just travel from home.

Another idea I have is sims could get a collage education on the pc and wouldn't have to leave home at all.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 3:03 AM
Yes but I still want a college option like how kids go to school so that it would be required to become a doctor or any other high profession. Then later in an EP they can expand on the college by making a campus and dorms.

As for purchased traits, I like the idea of them just because of the fact that we get that benefits thing like from Free Time.

EDIT: Snooty posted many of the rewards/traits that you can purchase:

http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3i...lifetimerewards

So far my favorite reward is "fast leaner" because it takes long enough as it is just to study skills in Sims 2. I hope they raise the speed at least a little bit.

The fertility treatment boosts your chance on having twins and triplets? That means we are getting triplets in the game? Cool! Now we just need quads to complete it. I think more than quads is not only super rare but just unnecessary. Quads is rare enough and I think that should be a once-per-generation thing, whereas triplets are still rare but that can happen a few times per generation and of course twins can happen much more often.