Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:10 PM
Default Game isn't reading and recognizing my Nraas Blacklist package.
I'm finally getting around to blacklisting and getting rid of the ugly EA/Maxis clothing that I don't like and I decided to keep a few because I thought that they have did a decent job on them. I followed this tutorial http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Creatin...ng+the+Easy+Way and I made sure that I had blacklisted the clothes and hairs that I don't like on a tiny island world called Queen Palm Island and exported the blacklist on to the EA documents folder. I downloaded the NRaas_MasterController_InvalidParts.zip and replaced the xml file with the xml that has and the stuff I blacklisted then I saved the package and moved it to the packages folder and started a new game in a different town called Sunny Town and the clothes and hairs that I had blacklisted came back to haunt me. I made sure that the use Nraas blacklist option was turned on but the ugly hairs and clothes are still there. I will attach a rar file that contains all of my blacklisted clothes and hairs so that you would understand what i'm trying to talk about.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  My Blacklist.rar (7.7 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:52 PM
Hi There -
I'm not much help, well not any help, with the MC Blacklisting. However, you would be best off posting over at NRaas where your issue will get more exposure to folks familiar with MC Blacklisting. Free Membership Required to post.

I can offer up a couple of alternatives for blacklisting which have worked well for me:
Kuree's Easy CASP Editor is a very easy way to blacklist. (does not work with Patch 1.69)
I also use MC to completely hide all CAS items in The Sims3 and EP's. The down side of that is the few items I did like were not available but cut my losses as I'm happy with the CC I have installed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hi There -
I'm not much help, well not any help, with the MC Blacklisting. However, you would be best off posting over at NRaas where your issue will get more exposure to folks familiar with MC Blacklisting. Free Membership Required to post.

I can offer up a couple of alternatives for blacklisting which have worked well for me:
Kuree's Easy CASP Editor is a very easy way to blacklist. (does not work with Patch 1.69)
I also use MC to completely hide all CAS items in The Sims3 and EP's. The down side of that is the few items I did like were not available but cut my losses as I'm happy with the CC I have installed.

Is that website still active? I'm asking because I had heard that he stopped making mods for Sims around the time Sims 4 came out. As for Kuree's Easy CASP Editor I had used it before to try and get rid of the ugly EA clothes and hairs but I forgot where I put my edited package at and I didn't feel like starting over again, I doubt that it would work anyways because I have the latest patch for the game but not the one that requires me to use Origin to play the game so i'm using this instead.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:21 PM
If the website you are referring to is NRaas, yes it is still open and very active. Twallan retired several years back. Our Developer (Chain_Reaction) as well as some of the members here who also create mods have been updating/enhancing existing mods as well as creating new mods for Sims 3. The link I provided above goes directly to the Home Page and as you will see NRaas is very much alive and running. We are dedicated to Sims 3 only. Also see the WCIF Page. For a full listing of the mods see Quicklinks on the WCIF page or look to the side bar on the left side of the screen.

Edit: Kuree's mod works with 1.67.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
If the website you are referring to is NRaas, yes it is still open and very active. Twallan retired several years back. Our Developer (Chain_Reaction) as well as some of the members here who also create mods have been updating/enhancing existing mods as well as creating new mods for Sims 3. The link I provided above goes directly to the Home Page and as you will see NRaas is very much alive and running. We are dedicated to Sims 3 only. Also see the WCIF Page. For a full listing of the mods see Quicklinks on the WCIF page or look to the side bar on the left side of the screen.

Edit: Kuree's mod works with 1.67.

It does? That's great I might dig through my hard drive and the desktop to find my package file and since I remembered to put my name on the package it should be a piece of cake to find. I had already posted my question on Nraas so I no longer need this thread open. Oh and I was
the one that pressed helpful on your posts.