Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game Corruption after back up transfer
Alright, second time typing is the charm.

Long story short, I got a new laptop and transferred the back up from my old computer into the new one, downloaded the UC (which was what I was using previously) installed the back up and downloads folder. Entered my custom hood and noticed 2 of the 3 portraits of a family were empty, and the female adult's hair/existence was stretched across the screen. Portraits were fixed using batbox, but it's a temporary solution. The stretched pixels I fix by using the ingame video capture and swirling the camera around, surprisingly effective. I decided I wanted to play with some of Maxis' creation instead of messing about in my hood and so plopped the Newsons down in Riverblossom Hills. The glitches got worse and I managed to snag just a few photos of the common offences. I assume it might have something to do with the files I transferred, but honestly my custom hood was healthy for all that I could see.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:05 PM
Looks like a graphics issue to me. Does your laptop have dual graphics chips?

First process of elimination I would do would be to drag the Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2 folder to the desktop, and run the game without it. Do you still get the same problem?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:25 PM
Same, looks like a graphics card issue, not game corruption. You need to check that the game is using your graphic card not a chip and you probably need the graphic rules. Google that +leefish. My internet is going horrible slow otherwise I would post a link.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:27 AM
Thank you both for the replies.

It would be pretty reasonable to expect its a graphic issue, it is not a high end laptop and was a bit of a quick and necessary purchase which meant I didn't get to thoroughly inspect if beforehand. Somehow it manages to run Skyrim quite fine though lol.

Hopefully I can figure this out tonight, i'll post back whenever I can if the suggestions worked!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:55 AM
Well. First look in my custom hood, the coast line looks better than ever, I don't think any of my previous computers have shown a real, non jagged coast. Interesting. And the problem seems to be fixed! Played for just a few minutes, changing appearance and all. But so far it's working wonderfully.

Thank you guys for your help!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:18 AM
Hooray, well done for fixing it!