Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 12:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Going to Uni without leaving home.
Is it possible for teens to become young adults and stay in their parents' homes and go to Uni classes? I seem to remember that long ago I read about a way to do this but no idea where I saw it. Or maybe they could attend Uni online?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 11:43 AM
In an unmodded game, no, that's not possible. If you don't mind using hacks get Squinge's Mega College Pack.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 12:40 PM
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:21 PM
Please note: The info on the tutorial stresses it is for sim players who are not "faint of heart" and who really know what they are doing. It's why I've never tried. Please, back up your game first.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 12:00 AM
@Quietscheente and @lientebollemeis - Thanks, this is just what I was looking for.

@smorbie1 - Making a userstartup.cheat is not hard at all. If I can do it at my age then anyone can. If I want to run the testing cheats I just type test in the cheat box instead of that long boolprop line. Here's a post that explains how to do it and gives you a sample to download and study. All you have to do is follow the model to write your own.
http://modthesims.info/t/84924
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 12:52 AM
There are three ways of playing YA in the main hood. Just so you know your options. There is Lion's Gold record on MATY which allows you to turn a lot into a working dorm complete with cows etc that will drop on by and dormies will move into each room with a dorm door. I tried this a few years back but decided to leave the real uni experience for uni.

Second is Squinges college pack. if you Google Lions gold thread, go to near the end of it you can download a semester tester. This is handy for both ways. It allows you to start the uni clock. You can also spawn it with boolprop but I like having it in catalogue since I don't really use boolprop. if you grow a sim up with his cake they will have a go to uni memory.

The third way is to use the simblender and age to YA and not do college at all. I use a mod that allows them to take jobs or be hired at businesses. They can also start their own businesses. Using the simblender means they have no memory of going to uni added. You will want no memory uneducated with this since they will cry over not going to uni. You may need to stop them going to class and keep track of days. I put down a plant for each day. (I have uni lasting only 10 days)

Feel free to ask any questions. I would also suggest you get cyjons pizza box and the college adjuster.

I love giving my YA more options.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 5:39 AM
@joandsarah77 - I checked out Lion's thread, went through all 4 pages twice but couldn't find a semester tester download although I found a fix for one. As far as I could tell, Lion only talked about the tester you can spawn with testing cheats. I think Squinge's mods will work best for me. Squinge did say Insim's education would produce a semester tester. Presumably only if clicked on by a YA. I want my YAs to stay at their parents' homes unless they get too crowded. They will study on their own and with a mentor among the adults, several of whom have degrees.

I already have the pizza box and college adjuster. I will have some teens who have no interest in college, as some are already helping out in the family business. One young man who already transitioned to adult has been studying with his doctor father since he became a teen and is now an intern. Which mod do you use to let them get jobs? My oldest current teens are only 15 at the moment so I have a few more days to get them ready for Uni. Have had another complication with them 4 have gone permaplat. I've posted another thread about it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 7:16 AM
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...&topic=12165.75 page 4 last post. Scroll right down and it's at the bottom of his post. That is the fixed tester, not merely a fix. I use this with Squinges college pack as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 10:35 PM
Okay. I did download that, in case I found the original elsewhere. But where did he get the original? Well, I reread a bit, with the print enlarged. He/she took the boolprop tester and made it buyable. Duh. Thanks again, Jo.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 8:39 AM
Yeah sorry, I thought I explained that. :D

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#11 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:42 PM
Using houses that were built in a university neighborhood eliminates the need for the semester tester. I have a neighborhood where I build my lots. After building a lot in the university neighborhood. I package the lot and then install into my mainhood; then change the lot zoning if I want it to be a dorm. YA's will go to class autonomously without the semester tester and the University clock counts down like it should.