Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 11:26 PM
Default Lost Addresses/Vista Buff work-around
I'm putting this here because it requires CAW. I'm not 100% certain this is the correct location however.

Basically - after Little Lotte stopped working, I've been annoyed at the loss of addresses/vista buffs, etc... when you bulldoze a lot. Many people have complained, but I have found no solution and I get the feeling others have just given up.

I think I have a work-around and I posted it here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...34.page#9041418

On that board I am "LovesFreeStuff".

Now, I looked and looked for a solution to this before coming up with this work-around, but it's possible I missed something obvious and am doing this in a very painful way. If this is so please tell me - because if that's the case I'm doing things very slowly and painfully. Plus - I'll need to take down that other post.

Also - if anyone else wants to test this a little more - that would be awesome (I was able to do it twice in a row, but I wanted to play so I stopped testing because I am lazy).

I'll probably do it a handful of times in my current game, so I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks!

adc
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 12:27 AM
That's puzzling- I thought they changed the BV and lot address info so that it was world file based instead of lot based. So I'm surprised this works!

I'll give it a try when I get chance, hopefully others will give you feedback too.

Thanks for the information!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:06 AM
Hold on... I was just testing it and couldn't reproduce it. I'm going to take down the other post. I swear it worked the first two times...I think my computer is possessed. Unfortunately, the ghost in this machine exists only to confuse and embarrass me.

Oye.

I'll let you know if I figure out some trick, or skipped step, that caused it work before...

Sorry - adc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:20 AM
I'd be interested if you do, but in my game the BV and lot address remains if the lot contents are bulldozed. It would be good if there were some way to edit newly placed lots (with the world editor) to add a BV or address, though.