Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pets sinking into the floor OR ground
yes, it's weird, but for some reason, my pets sink into the ground and I cannot tell my Sim to do anything with that pet. I did start using boolProp petcontrol true, but they were sinking before that. Any ideas? Thanks!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 11:02 PM
Are you patched?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you patched?

not sure, but have a feeling, no. Where can I do that?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 7:22 PM
Alchemist
#5 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 7:41 PM
if patching does not work, the testingcheatsenabled cheat (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) might help. Shift-click on pet then do "Force Error"; in the dialog box that comes up, click Reset.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:18 PM
Patching is for those of us on stand alone disks, not combination packs or the UC. if you are on seperate disks make sure to download and apply each patch, the Season patch is especially important as the bin families-Ottomas and Critter come corrupted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
if patching does not work, the testingcheatsenabled cheat (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) might help. Shift-click on pet then do "Force Error"; in the dialog box that comes up, click Reset.

Patched and nothing changed. Tried the cheatsenabled, and nothing happened. I am at a loss.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by altanna
Patched and nothing changed. Tried the cheatsenabled, and nothing happened. I am at a loss.

Did you test with out Mods and other CC? if not then should to make sure that it is not something in your Downloads folder that is causing the issue.

I get the pets in the ground some times and usually using control pets and making them move works, sometimes I need to cause an error and make them reset using boolprop testingcheatsenabled. Once however the problem was that the cat was not aged up properly and was a kitten in an adult cat's body. I aged that pet up properly and the problem was fixed.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:21 PM
Do you have converted CS stuff, namely the grass patch? I once had pets jump bug constantly when they tried to eat the converted grass that came along with it.