Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blender 2.7 TS3 Tools v3.02 updated 5-2-14

by cmomoney Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 8:32 PM - Updated 2nd May 2014 at 4:08 PM by cmomoney

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#151 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 1:34 PM
Updated.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Updated.

Ty seems to have fixed my issue.

The 3D Studio Max Meshing guides: Part 1: Simple Meshing in 3D Studio Max
Iff freedom was outlawed only outlaws would have freedom.
True piracy is an art, having a Amiga tune doesn't make you the old school pirate.
Field Researcher
#153 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 12:16 PM
Thanks for the update, it fixed some of the issues and made it easier to troubleshoot the others.

Here's a status update on the issues I posted earlier:
1 - The mapping looks better now in the game (even without making much changes), so never mind this one for now, I'll try to retest when I have the blender & package file in a stable state.

2 - The main mesh (MLOD00000) I can export without errors now, but when I get an error trying to import it in S3PE (see s3pe_s3m2b_import_error.png).
I also get an error if I try to re-import in blender the s3m2b I just exported:
...\io_TS3_tools.py", line 1058, in execute self.parsefile()
...\addons\io_TS3_tools.py", line 1456, in parsefile faces.pop(i)
IndexError: pop index out of range

It's probably something wrong with this mesh, because it works for others meshes, I just can't figure out what...

3 - I can now export and import the low res MODL!
The export error was because I had a loose vertex in the object.
And I was able to find how to reproduce the "dropshadow" issue: after doing a mesh swap I saved a blender file (Crossbow-MODL00001rLowRes3-tst.blend) which has no error. But if I re-open the file, and just save it again (Crossbow-MODL00001rLowRes3-tst2.blend), when I re-open it I'll get the 'key "dropshadow" not found' error and the Image Loader group won't show any options (see blender_dropshadow_error.png). If I colapse the Image Loader group then there are no more errors and I can continue, so it's not a blocking point.

3.1 - I can export and import the MODL, but... the UV mapping seems to get mixed up in the process (see UVmap_after_export_import.png)

4 - Fixed!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Desecrate_Crossbow.zip (803.7 KB, 6 downloads)
Field Researcher
#154 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 2:46 AM
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#155 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 11:29 PM
Thank you.
This works great for Distant Terrains too...!
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BelloCanadiano
Dear CMO,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I just downloaded Blender v.2.56 beta and will begin trying your plugin next week. This week is Carnival — I'm currently in Brazil — and things are a bit "complicated" around here (constant black-outs, too many internet connection dropouts, and so forth) till Friday or so.
I'll do my best to keep you up to date with the testing.

Cheers,

Eddie

Just a note, this addon works with Blender 2.65, 64-bit (released 17, December 2012).
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 8:51 PM
Found this addon that might help some creators
External Paint Autorefresh lets you texture paint in GIMP/Photoshop while the texture updates automatically in Blender, or switch to painting in Blender and watch the texture update in your image editing program

https://sites.google.com/site/point...int-autorefresh
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#158 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 4:19 PM
Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#159 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 11:11 PM Last edited by lenglel : 24th Jan 2013 at 1:57 AM.
cmomoney, will you be updating this to blender 2.65 anytime soon? The blender animation plugins require it, and I can't figure out how to have two different versions of blender on my windows 7 pc. Up to my hips in files migrating everything from the old pc to the new one, so forgive me if I'm overlooking the obvious, please.

Glad to see you've updated. I wonder if you may have considered adding the functionality of your simgeom import/export plugin to this one?
I think it might cut down on some of the maintenance for you if you did that. What do you think?
Test Subject
#160 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 10:02 PM
I am hoping cmomoney will update it to work with 2.66 as thats the newest version
Test Subject
#161 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 12:48 AM
Does anyone know if this version will work with blender 2.66a?
Test Subject
#162 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 10:21 AM
Default When Part 3 Coming Soon?
Well, there are a lot of factors that determine baking times: cpu, bake settings, image size, poly count, ect. EZ Bake is just a preset baking script to reduce the steps it takes to bake multipliers.

I have been waiting for it too.
Received a lot of help due to this.
I would like to know how fast Blender baking.
Make updates please as soon as.
I am not good at English.But it is hard to learn.
please...part 3 show me! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Test Subject
#163 Old 16th May 2013 at 3:20 AM
As of a week ago, Blender is now at 2.67. Has anyone tried this with the new version?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#164 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 10:16 AM
Can I used it along with newest Blender (2.67b) or this tool only compatible to Blender 2.65a?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 8:33 PM
thanks so much! ^^
Inventor
THANKS POST
#166 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:02 AM
This is amazing! Thanks!
Test Subject
#167 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 9:30 PM
question
i have a question about the poses... i know that you can use toddler, child and adult as an avatar for making poses, but can you use a teen? cus i'm making a story who needs an adult end a teen posing togheter... is that possible?
Test Subject
#168 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 7:23 PM
Default Error exporting MODL files
Using both 2.69 and 2.65, I have tried to export a MODL file several times with no success. I can export to .obj, but not into .s3m2b.

I thought it might be a problem with stray vertexes, but I encounter this with a just-cloned object as well, and with more than one source object.

I get the attached error message, when I try.
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#169 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 8:43 PM
If that is the error you get every time, it is because you don't have an object selected. In that pic, I see you have the bones selected. At least one of the 'group' objects have to be selected to export. OBJ works because it exports everything.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#170 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 11:32 PM
Default Error exporting MODL files
If that is the error you get every time, it is because you don't have an object selected. In that pic, I see you have the bones selected. At least one of the 'group' objects have to be selected to export. OBJ works because it exports everything.

I can export MLOD files Ok, it seems, but not MODL files. I tried again with the group selected, but I get the same error message. That was a good suggestion, though. Thank you!
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#171 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nerakdon
I can export MLOD files Ok, it seems, but not MODL files. I tried again with the group selected, but I get the same error message. That was a good suggestion, though. Thank you!

That's not the same error. I can't say exactly what is causing the error without looking at the model, but I'm guessing an un-trangulated or un-uvmapped face.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#172 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 6:07 PM
As someone who uses Blender regularly, thank you sooo much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 2:32 PM
danke
wenn das programm auch noch in deutsch währe, dann könnte man dich küssen.
THANKS POST
#174 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 9:09 AM
Thank you SO MUCH for your work with Blender! My old 3D modeling professor has been giving me lessons in Blender and it's great having another (FREE :P) option besides Milkshape to create Sims stuff with.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#175 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 2:44 PM
Updated for Blender 2.7

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Page 7 of 9