Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 11:15 PM Last edited by justJones : 9th Feb 2014 at 3:38 PM.
Default The Reality Show Challenge!
HELLLLLO EVERYBODY! Welcome to ____, the show that takes 7 young Sims and locks them all together in one giant mansion for an undetermined length of time! What determines it? Well, that's an easy one! So long as they all like each other, everything's dandy! But, once a week every week, someone may be evicted, depending on their relationships with their housemates! Who will it be? Who will come out on top? Stay tuned to find out!

Set-up:

First, turn aging off.

Create a family of 7 Sims, all of whom are the same age, as well as a "Master of Ceremonies." These seven should all have extremely different traits and personalities; no trait should ever be re-used. The Master of Ceremonies can have repeat traits, but should be built around one of the following traits: Charismatic, Evil, or Insane.

Build them a luxurious mansion in which they will be living indefinitely, unable to leave. Furthermore, install a basement apartment for the MoC, which should be comfortable enough to keep him happy.Use the Free Real Estate code to let them have it for free, and then Motherlode them until Donald Trump and Bill Gates both hang their heads in shame.

Rules:

1. You can not control any Sim other than the MoC. Period. This is a reality show, emphasis on reality.
2. No Sim other than the MoC may leave the lot at any time. Period. We can't have our stars going where the cameras aren't, now can we?
3. Every week on a day of your choosing, the MoC will call everyone together for the vote. If more than half of the housemates dislike someone, then that person is kicked out effective immediately.
4. To make this less one-sided, it is suggested, though not required, that traits making friendships generally easier (Friendly, Good Sense of Humor) are not used.
5. Other than that, there are no real rules. Feel free to add some yourself, make variations to the setup, or otherwise make this more fun for you. Bonus points if you circumvent the 8 Sim limit.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 3:34 AM
This looks like it could be fun. I might have to try it now. I've been looking for an excuse to build my sims a giant mansion... and now I have one! Plus, who doesn't like torturing their sims from time to time...?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:13 AM
This sounds like a good challenge. I am going to add a few rules of my own. Like, the winner will win the house. I might upload a few pics.

"I love you, but I've had too many meatballs!"
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:29 PM
fun challenge, don't know what challenge to choose.
Theorist
#5 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:31 AM
If the Sims other than the MoC can't leave the lot, won't they be having stir crazy moodlet all the time? Unless all of them have Hates the Outdoor traits, which is not permissible seeing that no trait should be re-used.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 8:14 AM
That's the point.
To put the sims/people out of their comfort zone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rafa323
That's the point.
To put the sims/people out of their comfort zone.

On the money. Haven't you ever seen a reality show before? The entire point is to make them squirm.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 1:47 AM
Im a frickin reality show addict.!
lol
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 11:39 PM
Im obsessed with reality tv! I am def. gonna do this. Haha I have a question, how do they do the vote, etc?

Edit: i get it now! (:

LUXURY
by Mickey4741

From elegant family homes to stately mansions.

ELEGANCE. LUXURY.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:30 PM
I have a quick question: What happens when there are only 2 sims left (not including the MoC)? Their relationship towards each other would be the same, so even if they dislike each other, how would I decide which gets kicked out, and which wins the challenge?
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 2:09 AM
This sounds amazing. I'm definitely going to try it!
Scholar
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 2:14 AM
Like a mini Big Brother, awesome! I'll try it on the version of Sims I get, except for maybe I'll just kill the sim instead of evicting them :P
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 10:47 PM
You could just make all 7 sims Female and the MoC male so the MoC can marry the last remaining female :D
Forum Resident
#14 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 2:15 AM
I've been wanting to do this even before I heard of this challenge! Just one question, what does MoC stand for? I understand that's the host or whatever but what does MoC mean anyway?

EDIT: Nevermind! I re-read it and it means Master of Ceremonies. I think I'll do this challenge and let you guys know how it's doing. Maybe even upload it on livejournal or something.
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 12:12 AM
Yay this sounds like fuuuuun...I just hope they don't kill themselves or something xD!!
Well now that I think about it...I've wanted to build a mansion since a loong time, so I might as well give it a try x3
maybe I could make them all have bad traits...this will be amusing :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 5:40 AM
I will be doing this challenge soon.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 5:53 AM
So gonna try right now YAY ;]
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:13 PM
Would love to try this but my Ambitions seems to have gone AWOL! I'd totally make Davina McCall for my MoC (British Big Brother presenter), since she's awesome and I'm fairly sure she does have a hint of evil in her. Seeing as I can't actually do the challenge, I look forward to seeing how much chaos can be caused in a Big Brother situation on the Sims. *cackle*
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:43 PM
Big Brother goes really evil
I love this idea for a challenge, i thought as there are so many great ideas on here, i might try and combine this with the ghost challenge a little by killing off the sim that is least liked, with a kill room so i can change the method. I have to say, i think i'm a novice at this game still, so many thanks to everyone who comes up with great ways to change the gameplay and create new and wonderdul things for it! Cheers
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 12:59 AM
i'll try this but i have a couple questions first:

what happens when we have 2 left? i'm guessing the one with the lowest relationship with the MoC loses?

what if the votes are scattered (like person 1 and 2 hate each other, person 3 and 4 hate each other, person 5 and 6 hate each other, and person 7 is about equal with everyone?)

what if everyone (or mostly everyone) hates the MoC and are almost completely equal with the others (not like it will happen, but what if?)
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 7:18 PM
I am doing this challenge now, but it is not posted on this site. I have it posted on Sims Oasis forum. I decided that the winner will win the house and $100K. And I didn't build a basement for the MC, but he does have suite that no one other than himself can enter. If the last two sims have the same relationship score with each other I will see who has the highest relationship score with the MC to decide the winner. Now I haven't decided what will happen if that is a tie yet, may have them fight and see who is the winner.
Theorist
#22 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 10:01 PM
For those of you who want something already made for them I suggest Wildgirl Hall - 8br, 6ba. It shows up under households ( with a little house icon in the bottom right corner ) and comes with 8 ready made sims ( all women ). The challenger need only move one sim out or choose a Master of Ceremonies from them. The Master of Ceremonies could live in the basement and the contestents could live in the upper floors ( replace the double beds with singles and rearrange the private bedroom lounges into more bedrooms ).

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=347924

Maybe the last two contestants would decide between who has the more skill points and lifetime points?

Edit:

Get rid of the guitar asap - it makes the player of it gain friendship too easily.
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 12:06 PM
I remember i did this with sims 2, instead of the relationship thing i made them do challenges, mostly eating competitions, and swimming races, for some reason one would always swim the wrong way =/.... i might try this out :D

~Innocent~EX~
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 4:00 PM
I recommend this lot as a mansion. It already comes pre-made with a basement. The only door that leads to it is outside the main house, so you can lock it to ensure that only the MoC is able to get in and out. It's fully furnished and very lavish- much like a reality show setting.

http://www.thesims3.com/search/lotS...nd.lotSize=0000

It takes several minutes to put into your town, so don't worry if the game is stuck "processing". It just takes a little time, being such a huge mansion.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 1:27 AM
erm Bump??? i would like to see someone do this!
Page 1 of 3