Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:40 PM Last edited by MasterRed : 17th Feb 2018 at 4:53 PM.
Default Is there a game feature you don't like? Is there a way to fix it?
Ahh I hope this is original I have no idea how to search for a topic like this to see if it is. I just thought it might be a nice idea feel free to remove it if it's unoriginal.

Is there any game features you don't like, or feel are broken? Post about it here! Do you know a way (be it mod or in game) to fix a problem in this thread? Post it in here too!

I should probably put one of mine, huh? Well, off the top of my head, it's sims getting angry when you look through the telescope at day. No, you should not be angry when you are super nice and getting mad at a poor sim who could not have physically peeked at you and was just trying to get more logic skill! Luckily, I found a mod to fix it here http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:23 PM
The chance card about how a collegue is marrying and your Sim decides to buy a blender, or give some nectar. If you click on the blender, the bad outcome is that you forgot to check the blender off the wedding gift list and the groom and the bride now have two blenders. So your Sim decides that he also gives $ 100, in exchange for his stupid gift.

I don't want that $ 100 gone! If they can buy the blender for free, the $ 100 should also be for free. Besides, most of the time their own family needs it badly. So I always use Familyfunds to give them their $ 100 back.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:27 PM
The way you can't get a bottle out of the fridge for a todder if they are playing with the activity table. AAARRRRGH.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:27 PM
when toddlers or children ask to be read to and demanding that the adult drops everything just for them.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:29 PM
The chance cards for the tours in Bon Voyage. They all seem to be 50/50 but the penalties for the bad results are far too steep compared to the rewards for the good results.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
The chance cards for the tours in Bon Voyage. They all seem to be 50/50 but the penalties for the bad results are far too steep compared to the rewards for the good results.

The Bon Voyage chance cards are hilarious. Once I had one that talked about the bear, I picked the wrong choice and the bear stole the lunch and my Sims came back starving. That's why I love sending Sims to vacation because of the chance cards.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:42 PM
Sim children get too much homework. It makes sense for the teenagers, but who expects five year olds to do homework every day?

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Scholar
#8 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:44 PM
thats why you need the homework sometimes mod it also has other features

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:53 PM
Alternately, Inge has the 'prep school,' which makes them stay from 9-5, but they come home with no homework. This might not be an ideal solution, though, as it leaves very little time for socializing (as visitor kids will hurry off at 6 without mods).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:22 PM
Rod Humbles is what I don't like. Fix it? Yes, it is. Kind of wasted opportunity for a npc. It keeps providing the same ol gift to new residents that you get bored of the repetitive predictability. Why haven't made him bring a random item to all households? Can't think of any other feature I wouldn't like.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 4:15 PM
Well, the "game feature" (if you can call it that) that I like least, is Death. (I can't say I'm too wild about it in real life either!)

I "fix" it by playing with Aging off (most of the time) and using a couple of mods (No more Fires by Squinge and No Satellite Death by gummilutt). But mostly I "fix" it just by playing carefully, and looking after my Sims to the best of my ability.

I've so far managed somehow to keep Death completely out of my game. But I'm sure a guardian angel protected my Sims while I was learning to play.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:53 PM
Well, I like Rod. I'm always expecting him. His gift makes any internet café possible without much investment.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#13 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:59 PM
The easiest way to deal with Mr. Not-so-Humble is to just download the hack that stops him (and his army of Hobby Zombies) from showing up. Personally I consider those hacks essential to keeping the game playable.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:25 PM
DJS Sims also has a hack to give you the option whether to get the computer or not. I prefer this one myself.

Instructor
#15 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 9:23 AM
The best Mr. Humble Hack so far was the one that makes him the Mystery Man by Crisps&Kerosene <3
Anyway, one thing that I hate of the game is the limited greenhouse tools: no diagonal walls and the plain roof. That's it! I was thinking of building a lot similar to the Greenmans one but I realized how hard it would be to make something special without diagonal walls.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
when toddlers or children ask to be read to and demanding that the adult drops everything just for them.

This feature is definitely annoying. But I can understand having it in a simulator. Many children and most toddlers think the world revolves around them.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Rod Humbles is what I don't like. Fix it? Yes, it is. Kind of wasted opportunity for a npc. It keeps providing the same ol gift to new residents that you get bored of the repetitive predictability. Why haven't made him bring a random item to all households? Can't think of any other feature I wouldn't like.

Because he was EA advertising, he brings the computer that plays sims 3. That was the whole point to give us a teaser of the 'future game'. I had enough of moveobjecton delete the box, I modded him out of my hair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 12:46 PM
I wish Rod Humble would bring me a computer that could play Sims 3. Not so much because I want to play Sims 3 (though I would try it if he gave it to me!), but because a computer good enough to play Sims 3 could probably play Sims 2 quite well too. Probably better than the netbook I play on now. It would be nice to see some of the high quality graphics that many can take for granted.

Now, do you think some really clever modder could modify the Rod Humble code so that he brings a computer to the player's home as well as to the Sims? I wouldn't begrudge my Sims getting a free computer if I got one too.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Because he was EA advertising, he brings the computer that plays sims 3. That was the whole point to give us a teaser of the 'future game'. I had enough of moveobjecton delete the box, I modded him out of my hair.

Could have been advertised better. Either left it through another means or just allowed that npc to bring theme random related TS3 theme items. Or made it žless irritating by just having sim rod humble deliver a plain video game that he hands over to a sim, not a present that is packed to be surprising and you know it's a not a surprise anymore when everytime you open it up and oh golly who could have anyone guessed - it's yet again a computer. At the final expansion packs of TS1 and TS3 imo they had handled it well when it came down to advertising a sequel to the game after them respectively.

Or at the very less least, any random computer. It's quite boring that every sim gets the same identical model computer for free. Not complaining about the fee, but how it wasn' thought-out through to have him hand out every time a random computer to a random household (let it be "little sister WD15", "LifeB Gon Computer", "Pear ShinyStation XTR").
Mad Poster
#20 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I wish Rod Humble would bring me a computer that could play Sims 3.

I think little ole' Rod would need a time machine also. Even gaming computers of now struggle to run Sims 3 well.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:04 AM
Pets unlock codes. Ugh. Never got the point of them. The stuff they unlocked seemed tacky and ugly to me in my opinion. TwoJeffs fixed the best of both worlds so the game no longer generates those codes and all the stuff gets unlocked right from the get-go.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 5:29 AM
I do not know how it correctly is called (my game is not in English)
when a teenager scratches (tortures (?)) his head, and does it autonomously! Very annoying!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Uri-simka
I do not know how it correctly is called (my game is not in English)
when a teenager scratches (tortures (?)) his head, and does it autonomously! Very annoying!

You mean "noogie" perhaps, when the teen tucks the other kid's head under his arm and messes his hair up? It's pretty annoying in real life, too!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 6:25 AM
I love the Humble computer and I have all my sims play Sims 3. It's pleasingly meta.

Novels. The whole plotline and cover selection is pojntless busywork. And then you write one and "it's selling well" but you can't buy it in stores? The only local copy to read apparently is the one that was delivered your house... and then sits forever on your own heaving bookshelf. It's all very lame. And while I am on the subject, it's annoying how one can't write a novel ( or even read one!) at the hobby club You can watch TV and get drunk at the bar instead. Oh wait, that's what writers really like to do... nvrmind...
Helptato
#25 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:21 AM
The thing that annoys me most about rod humble's computer is that if I've specifically started a family off to not have much money, then immediately being handed a 2,000 Simoleon computer defeats the purpose somewhat.

I also hate the presumably hobby chance card, because it made no mention of my Sim's career that had no business demoting her by one level. Sorry, but whilst I get that they have to have consequences, hobbies have nothing to do with a Sim's job so it's unfair to demote them.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Page 1 of 4