Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 7:20 PM
Default Mirror bug, reflection not showing properly
Anyone know how to fix the bug on the mirror? It doesnt display the image corectly. I made this mirror, and cloned glass from the basegame object and just made it fit the mesh. Here is the result. It looks like the there is another mirror in the reflection. That really odd. How can i fix this?

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 1:22 AM
To me it looks like it's the back of the mirror whats showing through, did you make sure the reflection is slightly in front of the back in your mesh?
If you have them to close together that could happen, but not 100% sure that's whats wrong.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:21 PM
Hey i found a solution. The mirror was too inclined. The game doesnt allow that inclined mirrors so i straightened it and now it looks good

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:23 PM
Did you try the new mirror fixer feature in the latest TextureTweaker3? That might have coped with the slope.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 10:09 PM
Hey, i didnt. Im gonna try it and tell you if it worked.