Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2014 at 5:19 AM
Default Game installed on new laptop; won't launch at all with recent patch.
I purchased a new laptop last week and spent the first couple of days installing all available system updates and upgrading to Windows 8.1. After installing and patching The Sims and all expansion packs, I noticed that sims3packs would appear in the launcher, but would not install. Also, when clicking the play button, the launcher will close as if to launch the game, and my mouse will change to a loading icon for a few seconds before disappearing. No error code, and I am able to open the launcher and try again indefinitely, but the game never loads.
After completely uninstalling the game and reinstalling and updating just the base game, it still didn't work. So I uninstalled and reinstalled again without doing the software update, and the game managed to load just fine. I installed World Adventures via Origin and again, the game loads just fine. However, when trying to install any additional stuff/expansion packs, Origin will not allow me to install them without updating to the 1.67 patch. Once I updated the patch, it went right back to my initial issue. I seem to be stuck in a loop, and I don't know what to do.
My antivirus program is Bitdefender, but I do not think that is the issue, as the game loads fine pre-patch. The only other programs I've manually installed since getting this laptop are Origin, Chrome, and Firefox. I haven't installed any CC, as the launcher will not install sims3packs and I have yet to download any .package files on this computer.

Some basic system information:
ASUS laptop running Windows 8.1, CPU: Intel Core i5 - 4200U, 1.6GHz, Memory: 6GB, HDD:500GB
Will gladly provide any other needed information, just let me know!

Please let me know what I can do, as the past 3 days of Googling has yielded 0 results. I imagine there is at least some kind of work-around, but I can't figure out where to start!
Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th May 2014 at 8:52 PM
So you have the Base Game and World Adventures, what other games do you have? Are they all digital downloads or disc? If so, which ones? Did you buy them as a bundle? Are you attempting to patch with the launcher or origin? Have you attempted to download and install the manual patch?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2014 at 1:45 AM Last edited by mikey : 29th May 2014 at 5:59 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4394148, 4394220
I have all expansion packs, and all stuff packs except for Movie Stuff. I separately purchased the disc versions of all games except for Into The Future (which I purchased recently via Origin and works fine on my old laptop), but I have been redownloading and installing them all through Origin.I have been patching via the prompt that pops up when I open the launcher. I have not attempted manually patching, but I will try that now!

I tried manually patching with the Super Patcher at http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page and am still having the issue. My next step is to try incremental patches listed at http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/188505.page however I am confused as to which .exe's to download.