Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 3:27 PM
Default Trying to play more than one houses in one gameplay
Hi. I just bought the game this week and I don't even have all the expansions and stuff. All I have is the basic game, outdoor retreat, cool kitchen stuff, spookie stuff and the free holiday pack. Now I may have to have some of the other packs for this to work I am not sure, but I am trying to play in 2 houses at once (well more like rotate between them actually).

I started with one Sim, moved her in, got her pregnant and then had her move in her intended and then had a shotgun wedding via the game's elopement feature. Baby is born, both are happy (well semi happy in their careers as the hubby is a commitment phobe) and are now working on expanding their 1 bedroom house so the baby can grow up to be a toddler.

In their street is 1 occupied Maxis house along with 2 unoccupied houses and 1 unoccupied lot. Its a cul-de-sac and I like to start rotating between at least two houses, maybe three if I like the ready made already there household.

But I hit a snag.

I moved in one of my ready made Sim couple I created when i first got the game and am using in another game play BUT I didn't transfer them from that game play but rather I used the copy of them in my library. Brand spanking new, out of the box version of them.

Now they are moved in BUT the occupied houses in their street, one of which contains my family seem to be empty when I move over them with the cursor and I get the move in household option. Same with the Maxis house hold. When I went back into my already played family I can not see that hte house that I moved in my other couple is occupied. BUT the maxis household in same street I can see is occupied. That is the NAME of that family house hold.

What am I doing wrong?

My new couple haven't had the welcome wagon yet. Could that be it?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stina1701A
Hi. I just bought the game this week and I don't even have all the expansions and stuff. All I have is the basic game, outdoor retreat, cool kitchen stuff, spookie stuff and the free holiday pack. Now I may have to have some of the other packs for this to work I am not sure, but I am trying to play in 2 houses at once (well more like rotate between them actually).

I started with one Sim, moved her in, got her pregnant and then had her move in her intended and then had a shotgun wedding via the game's elopement feature. Baby is born, both are happy (well semi happy in their careers as the hubby is a commitment phobe) and are now working on expanding their 1 bedroom house so the baby can grow up to be a toddler.

In their street is 1 occupied Maxis house along with 2 unoccupied houses and 1 unoccupied lot. Its a cul-de-sac and I like to start rotating between at least two houses, maybe three if I like the ready made already there household.

But I hit a snag.

I moved in one of my ready made Sim couple I created when i first got the game and am using in another game play BUT I didn't transfer them from that game play but rather I used the copy of them in my library. Brand spanking new, out of the box version of them.

Now they are moved in BUT the occupied houses in their street, one of which contains my family seem to be empty when I move over them with the cursor and I get the move in household option. Same with the Maxis house hold. When I went back into my already played family I can not see that hte house that I moved in my other couple is occupied. BUT the maxis household in same street I can see is occupied. That is the NAME of that family house hold.

What am I doing wrong?

My new couple haven't had the welcome wagon yet. Could that be it?

I think I know what you're trying to ask, but any chance you could share a picture of what you're seeing at the map view?

Even if a house is occupied in my games, if I'm not playing them and hover over it, I will get the move in household pop-up as well as the option to travel to the lot. That's normal to me, but if you're not seeing a family name or picture from the map view on a house that's occupied, then something is not right there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I think I know what you're trying to ask, but any chance you could share a picture of what you're seeing at the map view?

Even if a house is occupied in my games, if I'm not playing them and hover over it, I will get the move in household pop-up as well as the option to travel to the lot. That's normal to me, but if you're not seeing a family name or picture from the map view on a house that's occupied, then something is not right there.

Yeah I do tend to ramble on and not get to the point When I am in the hood view, the manage world, I can see all the residents there in their houses, both the new ones and my old one so fortunatly no problem there. I just jumped into my 1st household, the couple with the baby and the maxis neighboors, the BFF household I can see and recognise as such but when I moved the cursor to my new player made neighboors I got no household name.

BUT I had the hubby visit and my Sims, well one of them are in the home so I guess the game just needs my Sims to regognise each other or something? Right now I am going to get them to get to know each other but I think I might have panicked a bit and overreacted. It was very late last night when I moved the new couple in and I was a bit sleep deprived

I'll let you know if my Sims decide to be stubborn and start ignoring their neighboors.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stina1701A
Yeah I do tend to ramble on and not get to the point When I am in the hood view, the manage world, I can see all the residents there in their houses, both the new ones and my old one so fortunatly no problem there. I just jumped into my 1st household, the couple with the baby and the maxis neighboors, the BFF household I can see and recognise as such but when I moved the cursor to my new player made neighboors I got no household name.

BUT I had the hubby visit and my Sims, well one of them are in the home so I guess the game just needs my Sims to regognise each other or something? Right now I am going to get them to get to know each other but I think I might have panicked a bit and overreacted. It was very late last night when I moved the new couple in and I was a bit sleep deprived

I'll let you know if my Sims decide to be stubborn and start ignoring their neighboors.

You're fine. I ramble a lot as well! It sounds like you're game is okay. It probably just takes some getting used to, since Sims 4 is quite different than Sims 2 and 3. As long as you see a name and family picture when you hover over an occupied lot, you should be good to go.