Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 5:06 PM
Default Lisboa-Dakar was canceled due to terror threats. I cant believe....
So, after millions and millions of euros, teams from all over the world, coming here to Portugal, to the most famous raid of the world, it was canceled after the French Government recommended the cancelation of the event due to terror threats in Mauritania, said to be from Al-Qaeda. I was going to Alcochete today, to watch the start of the rally, and well... I won't go anymore...

Strange... last week, the French Embassy said that the situation in the country was safe enough for the raid...

Millions and millions of euros lost... an incredible damage to the Portuguese tourism... this is insane...

And there's something more than mere terrorism here, there is another reason, and I'm sure of that, but this is what happens when you live in a puppet country.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/breakin...7198535,00.html

http://www.huliq.com/46470/dakar-ra...security-threat
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:03 PM
Yeah, I heard about it on the news. It sucks. I'm normally not really interested in that kind of things but I decided to watch it this year to see if I liked it. And then it got canceled. That really sucks.
Inventor
#3 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:07 PM
Lisboa-Dakar? I thought they started further up.. in Paris. Hence the name Paris-Dakar.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
Lisboa-Dakar? I thought they started further up.. in Paris. Hence the name Paris-Dakar.

Well, it used to be... but since 2006 it's in Portugal. Anyway, in my opinion, this "threats" are an invention of the frenchies... it just doesn't make any sense. There are interests behind this.