Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 12:14 PM
Multiple distant terrain objects?
Hi!
I'm making a medium-sized world and would like to add some distant terrain to it. As the official distant terrains are all constructed for larger maps, I've used multiple ones and puzzled them together. But as these objects are pretty large (although it looks like they have a faily low polygon count) I'm worried that they will make my game lag.
I plan to use four of them and they are all of the "Distant Terrain - Egypt" kind.

So, to sum it up, how lag prone are the "distant terrain"-objects?
Thanks
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 5:07 PM
I'd say, it depends on the polycount. If your distant terrain has a lot of 'lines' (which can be either viewed in a 3D program or just the wireframe option in CAW). But I guess in general the polycount is pretty low... at least looking at the Egypt one. So I guess it's save to use it a multiple times, if needed of course. Else you can always make your own if you're also into 3D modelling ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 9:34 PM
Thank you very much for the input!
(Sadly meshing is an aspect of game modding I'm not very experienced with but I'll concider trying this out, seen some handy tutorials on the Internet concerning this )