Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 5:28 PM Last edited by DOLCE_VIDA : 21st Mar 2017 at 5:07 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Seasons
Default Pathway for world/routing Fix (SOLVED)
I'm used to PC's so I have no idea where to place Ella's Bridgeport (and other world/routing fixes) on a Mac. I read through the comment section and saw that someone else asked that question, but I did not see a response. I also tried to search through the help forums but it's not generating any answers (at least not for my question).

If that question has been answered, can you point me to that thread? I'd appreciate it.

PS: I also read Crinrict's instructions, but they appear to be for a PC?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:19 AM Last edited by igazor : 21st Mar 2017 at 5:37 AM.
It's only a little different. You will need a tool like UnRARX, The Unarchiver, Stuffit, or similar to decompress the part files and reassemble them.

The path where the eventually reassembled world file goes is going to be different as well. Something like Applications \ EA (or TS3) \ TS3. Now, this second instance is an OS X package file. Right click to select Show Package Contents. Then continue...
TS3 \ Contents\ Resources \ AddOns \ TS3 Late Nite (this is a package file, again right-click to Show Package Contents)...
\ GameData \ Shared \ NonPackaged \ Worlds \ Bridgeport.world.

That last one is the file to replace. There's probably a less convoluted way to drill down that deep and several paths to get there, TS3 for Mac is really a mess. But the point is to get to where the installed default world is down inside those OS X package files.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:07 PM Last edited by DOLCE_VIDA : 28th Apr 2017 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Post script added
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's only a little different. You will need a tool like UnRARX, The Unarchiver, Stuffit, or similar to decompress the part files and reassemble them...There's probably a less convoluted way to drill down that deep and several paths to get there, TS3 for Mac is really a mess. But the point is to get to where the installed default world is down inside those OS X package files.

I used Keka to decompress/unrar the files, had no problems with that bit, it's the pathway that was stumping me. Thanks to you I was able to find the world file, but the pathway was a bit different...
TS3(right-click to show contents)\resources\transgaming\c-drive\program files\EA\TS3 Late Night\game data\shared\NonPackaged\worlds\Bridgeport.world

Then this morning while looking at Ella's Hidden Springs fix, I clicked the link under her "What has been done" bullet, and there was the answer I'd been searching for as well (Game Help:World Routing Lags/Where). Talk about your "doh" moment...thanks again.

PS: ...when you go back to the original download and slowly reread the comments and see that the link for the pathway was indeed mentioned (21st Jan 2013 at 5:40 AM). Seriously *sigh*