Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:08 PM
Default Architectural Styles- Difficult Building
Whats the one Style that you find difficult building?
And why?

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:21 PM
To me there are serveral styles which are difficult to replicate in a manner that they also appeal to me in-game. The most difficult ones though, are the styles with a lot of decoration and fancy dinglings. (Russian wooden homes, Dragonstyle, almost every Victorian style and [old] Asian)

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 7:01 PM
Agreed! For me its usually any classical styles: Colonial, Greek Revival etc. To me I can never get them right!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 12:51 AM
This is a cool topic by the way
Yeah, though Colonials and Greek revivals are doable for me, there's always something which makes me go "UGHH!". It always looks off and not what it should look like.

#5 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:10 AM
I've tried my hand at the Moroccan styles that came with M&G and the Tiki and ancient jungle ruins styles that came with BV, and never had much success with any. Right now I'm still stuck without a gaming computer, so I can't be giving any of these another go, but I'm coming up with some new ideas for the desert and jungle ruins styles that would be a good fit for the Adventure theme right now... Kind of an Indiana Jones vibe. Have to see if I can actually get all of this sorted fast enough to have any shot of getting it submitted before the end of April though... :/

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I've tried my hand at the Moroccan styles that came with M&G and the Tiki and ancient jungle ruins styles that came with BV, and never had much success with any. Right now I'm still stuck without a gaming computer, so I can't be giving any of these another go, but I'm coming up with some new ideas for the desert and jungle ruins styles that would be a good fit for the Adventure theme right now... Kind of an Indiana Jones vibe. Have to see if I can actually get all of this sorted fast enough to have any shot of getting it submitted before the end of April though... :/

Oh yeah anything non-American can become quiet a challange, since the game is so US biased. Even with proper European/African/Asian items, it'll still look American with 'inspired' elements to me.

@Ferguson Avenue
I'd like to know what you're 'incapable' of, because it seems like you can tackle any style.

#7 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
This is a cool topic by the way
Yeah, though Colonials and Greek revivals are doable for me, there's always something which makes me go "UGHH!". It always looks off and not what it should look like.

Yeah! They always come out blah and boring for me! I love the styles in real life but replication them in game is difficult for me

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
@Ferguson Avenue
I'd like to know what you're 'incapable' of, because it seems like you can tackle any style.

Hmm, that's an interesting question, so long as it doesn't involve open-plan living and a neutral colour scheme then I'll give it a go.
I think I'd struggle greatly with traditional Asian architecture because I don't get along very well with the Pagoda Roof Tool and it'd also require a lot of CC to do effectively. I uploaded my only "successful" attempt at Asian architecture, but the more I look at it the less successful I think it was.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Mar 2023 at 11:10 PM
Theres another style i juist cannot seam to get is modern/ contemporary styles! To me they are so plain and dull

C.T.HOLKO88