Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 7:47 PM
Default Has anyone found files to edit to allow Treasure Spawn points?
Sorry if I've just missed a patch where it was talked about, but I'm wondering if anyone who's been experimenting with the file editing for WA effects has found what controls the treasure spawns in vacation worlds.

My original concept for my tropical isle was "Adventure at home!" and so I do have tombs and things- but it's driving me crazy that the treasure spawn points (the ones that look like little circle with arrow) do not function in 'hometown' neighborhoods. Chests get a bit redundant looking after a while, rock/gem/mineral/bug/seed spawners are a little old after a while, and I worry too that they may spawn the loot *outside* the basement, since I have seen that happen at the abandoned farm in China in game.

So has anyone looked into this? ^^;
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 7:55 PM
They don't? I thought it just took a sim week or so for them to actually spawn. That sucks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:23 PM
Hrm. I haven't run my test worlds for THAT long... so.. maybe. But when I read through forums elsewhere (official Sims 3 forums, a few other community sites) there seemed a consensus that they will not spawn EVER in non-vacation.

However, perhaps the people thinking that also gave up before a week was out. I'll have to double check I guess now and run my neighborhood test longer.
Banned
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 11:09 PM
Confirmed: It just takes a bit of time.

I've got a Sunset Valley tomb I'm working on and as I look right now, most treasure spawners have treasure.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 3:04 AM
Huh! OK good to know.

Teach me to be impatient when I'm testing

..and means I can redo the warehouse/criminal building to original plan for it on Morikipo. YAY.
Banned
#6 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 3:41 AM
Yeah, I forgot I ven included so much treasure. THere were gems and moneybags all over the place.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 11:37 AM
Yeah I'll have to wait patiently so I can see how over-stuffed my tombs for the tropical island get now... ^^ I'm trying to make them worthwhile and fun to explore through without totally making the real vacation places superfluous.

I REALLY wish I was better at meshing and modding, I'd love to make my own relics. (And Easter-Island themed movable statues and some other silly little dreams of mine.)
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 1:06 PM
AwesomeMod has a console command to actually force treasure spawners to spawn, helpfully entitled "resetspawners". ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.