Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 5:22 PM
Sorry that it took me a few days to try it out, haven't had a lot of time to play. The options seem to be saving fine now, thank you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 2:36 AM Last edited by kidwizz : 21st Aug 2011 at 2:48 AM.
My game doesnt load with this mod installed, it hangs at the custom loading screen, and never loads.

Runing 2.0, and the latest version of the mod.

EDIT: Ignore me, I didn't RTFM ...
Test Subject
#78 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 6:08 AM
Ok so, i have version 1.10 of the game because installing version 2 screws up game and stalls at create a sim or create a building mode, anyways i installed the version 1.10 of this mod and it wouldn't work because whenever i clicked on options it came up for a split second then disappeared and kept on doing that, it also over-looped in create a sim and build mode. Me being such a retard i accidentally saved it before i could test the mod and now my monarch cant self click for options and his religion shows up as random numbers, only the monarch has this problem though.

SO if anyone knows how to fix this then plz help....someone told me the self click thing can be fixed by resetting or changing ur monarch's profession but i cant do that without this mod, btw i am using testingcheats....
Instructor
#79 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 6:35 AM
go to a priest and rejoin the religion.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 10:19 AM
I'm wondering if the Debug interactions are supposed to be working on the townie kids who are spawned from the Village, because I don't have anything available on them at all. What I'm looking for is an easy way to get rid of them, like Kill Sim, or Murder these children, as kids can't do very much in this game and these townie kids are mostly just in the way.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#81 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 11:53 AM Last edited by Le Carrera : 21st Aug 2011 at 12:06 PM.
What happens if I enabled Female/Male pregnancy? The guy gets pregnant instead of the woman? I'm confused...
Instructor
#82 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 8:04 PM
the selected Sim who initiates the woohoo will become pregnant if the proper option is selected. so yes, if your male initiates the woohoo, then he will become pregnant.
Instructor
Original Poster
#83 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 4:58 AM
Retarded_face:
I made the 1.10 version as a favor. I was sent the 1.10 files and edited them, but I was running 1.3 at the time. I actually have never truely been able to test it. Since no one mentioned it not working, I left it available for download. If others are having a problem with it, I'll have to remove it because I have no way to test it.

Shimrod101:
My guess is if you save and reload the interactions will be available. I haven't added the interactions when sims are spawned only when the game is loaded. Maybe someday.

LaCarrera:
If only Female/Male pregnancy is enabled, then yes men should get pregnant instead of women.
Test Subject
#84 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 6:10 PM
Having this issue:
Can't get past the loading screen and no music plays.

I see others have the same things happen but every time someone has this issue they make an edit and say they figured it out so it never is publicly addressed. Can someone please give me some insight. I have made sure that the .dll is properly placed and downloaded it directly from the mentioned thread above. Even removed all other mods to see if there was conflict but it just does the same as before. Don't know what to do.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
My guess is if you save and reload the interactions will be available. I haven't added the interactions when sims are spawned only when the game is loaded.

Ah, OK; yes it works fine on everyone. I quite often save my game in the middle of the medieval night; when I start the next session all the sims start walking into town in the morning and the menu isn't there right then, so I thought it wouldn't go at all on these sims. But it's fine the way it is now, don't even worry about enhancing this; it takes no time to save this game, go to main menu and start it up again; unlike this other cranky clunky dog of a game I could name...

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#86 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by the_darkest_one
Having this issue:
Can't get past the loading screen and no music plays.

If this mod is not installed, does your game start up and load in your save game OK? And you are on the 2.0, or the 1.3.13, or?

Test Subject
#87 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 11:05 PM Last edited by the_darkest_one : 23rd Aug 2011 at 12:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
If this mod is not installed, does your game start up and load in your save game OK? And you are on the 2.0, or the 1.3.13, or?

yes, start up fine without the mod. I was on 2.0 but gave up a few hours ago and decided to do a complete reinstall. Seems to be okay for now, however my sliders mod has now stopped working =( Anyways, it's worth the effort for this mod I feel!

EDIT: Okay so I finally went to CAS and now I get stuck on Exiting CAS screen. I removed Grim's mod entirely and then everything works fine so I guess that mod is out until a new patch/fix etc; on the downside Jonha's sliders have officially stopped working entirely. I think it may have to do with the 2.0 patch that I have (possibly had a corrupted patch file before?) Other mods such as nointro are working, I haven't been brave enough to try anything else because frankly I'm sick of troubleshooting now =P

If I figure anything out though I'll post.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:23 AM
This is a fantastic mod, but I noticed one thing. Some of the NPC sims don't have all the options available. For instance I wanted to modify my royal advisor in CAS and he does not have any of the options from this mod. The nurse in the physician's office is the same way. There are other NPC sims that I've been able to modify with no issues. I'm not sure what sets some of them apart from others.
Instructor
Original Poster
#89 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 2:01 AM
the darkest one:
Which version of game are you now running? And can you give me any details about what you did prior to having the crash? Unfortunately, I'm kind of stuck with 2.0, so if you're not running the current patch I don't know that I can help.

Impatiens:
If some sims don't have the interactions, please save and reload. This should fix it.
Test Subject
#90 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 2:15 AM
I am experiencing some trouble with growing up my hero children, i.e. they won't grow up (I click on "grow up and assign profession", yet nothing happens). Maybe I have simply missed an update? I am currently running version 2.0.113. (Also, this persists with no other mods installed.)
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
the darkest one:
Which version of game are you now running? And can you give me any details about what you did prior to having the crash? Unfortunately, I'm kind of stuck with 2.0, so if you're not running the current patch I don't know that I can help.

Impatiens:
If some sims don't have the interactions, please save and reload. This should fix it.

I've been having the same problem, I have 2.00.113, or whatever the latest patch is, and it hangs at the loading screen with no music and an empty bar. I redownloaded twice to make sure I had gotten the right version and after removing this mod everything starts working again.
Test Subject
#92 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 6:32 PM Last edited by misssnark : 27th Aug 2011 at 11:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amaryll
I am experiencing some trouble with growing up my hero children, i.e. they won't grow up (I click on "grow up and assign profession", yet nothing happens). Maybe I have simply missed an update? I am currently running version 2.0.113. (Also, this persists with no other mods installed.)
Having this same problem at the moment.

Quote: Originally posted by Hsa
I've been having the same problem, I have 2.00.113, or whatever the latest patch is, and it hangs at the loading screen with no music and an empty bar. I redownloaded twice to make sure I had gotten the right version and after removing this mod everything starts working again.
I remember having this problem at the beginning. I think I remember having to get a file called d3dx9_31.dll and placing it in the Sims Medieval\Game\Bin folder, although I'm not sure if I did that to fix this or something else.

If you have that file already just ignore what I said.
Instructor
Original Poster
#93 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 12:29 AM
Amaryll & misssnark:
I'm looking into the issue. I've been busy, but should have some time this weekend to try and figure it out.

Hsa:
I really appreciate your comments if other threads about how this mod breaks your game, instead of giving me a chance to help you. Seems to me several people, myself included, are playing just fine with this mod installed. Maybe there's something wrong on your end? But whatever, if it breaks your game, don't use it. I'll keep providing this mod for people who have a little patience.
Test Subject
#94 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 6:34 AM
Well to start off, I'm sorry I came across that way because I was just trying to give you some more feedback on potential problems with your mod. I mean, I understand how hard it is debug a script or program even when you have access to the situation where hell breaks loose; this is no exception and your definitely entitled to take as much time as you need to get things working.

Secondly, I appreciate any mod, because modding is a significant invesment of a person's free time to help out the community. Its like a public service almost, and this is one of the best mods I've seen out for The Sims Medieval so far and I'm very much looking forward to playing it. Again, I'm sorry if I came across as otherwise in my last post.
Test Subject
#95 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misssnark
Having this same problem at the moment.

I remember having this problem at the beginning. I think I remember having to get a file called d3dx9_31.dll and placing it in the Sims Medieval\Game\Bin folder, although I'm not sure if I did that to fix this or something else.

If you have that file already just ignore what I said.

You mean a directx file? Thats kind of weird how sims games' tend to need that file in the actual game folder...thank you, I'll give that a try.
Instructor
Original Poster
#96 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:20 PM
Hsa:
I want people to come to me if they have problems with any of my mods. What irritates me is finding posts in other threads like this,

Are you using Grim's mod, because thats been causing problems with alot people and their games since 2.00 came out. Myself included.

when I haven't been given the chance to help you.

There may be bugs in this mod, and it may also cause conflicts, but posting in another unrelated thread, when you really don't even know why the mod isn't working for you doesn't help anyone. Especially when the poster has been told to remove their mods folder, and they still have a problem.

(This is just an explanation of my position. The post struck a nerve mostly because others have done the same thing, and the problem didn't end up being the mod. If you think someone's problem has to do with one of my mods, at least explain what issue makes you believe that (ie. since the game stalls on the loading screen), but please let me try to help you first. Otherwise, just recommend removing the mods folder (since several mods have had issues with 2.0).)

And honestly, if you don't have d3dx9_31.dll in your game directory, this mod will never work. In fact, I'd say it's the most common issue when the mod causes stalls or just doesn't work.

I will be happy to help you in the future, if you give me the chance.
Instructor
Original Poster
#97 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:56 PM
Fixed Age Child and Assign Profession. Stupid mistake on my part. Thanks for pointing it out Amaryll & misssnark.
Test Subject
#98 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 6:10 PM
Adding dx9 didn't really make any changes I could see, do I need a special version of the file because I just made a copy of the version included in my directx files?

Sorry I wasn't even thinking about that at the time, I should have said remove any of your previous core mods you might be using since those would probably be the ones causing problems. In the future I'll just keep my mouth shut lol.

Well I guess I would suggest double testing the options/features that get loaded first because those are probably the ones causing the problems, maybe EA did something to the menus in the latest patch? Beyond that I don't know much technical-wise about medieval.
Test Subject
#99 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:02 PM
Adding dx9 didn't really make any changes I could see, do I need a special version of the file because I just made a copy of the version included in my directx files?

I downloaded the file Grim linked in the OP, maybe try that one.
Instructor
Original Poster
#100 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:14 PM
Copying the file from your direct x files won't work, niether will one from the Sims 3. Please try the dll listed here How to mod you game for beginners.
Page 4 of 31