Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:31 PM
TownieMarker? What is it?
I was looking for a city hall to modify... and I searched on town by mistake (instead of city) and I saw this in S3OC

I'm intrigued. How does it work and why does the game need a townie marker?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 10:27 PM
Oh gosh! I think I may, may, may have used this way back when to generate townies, but I have totally forgotten how it works. Someone with a better memory probably can advise.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 12:05 PM
Sounds intriguing Can't remember seeing it in the game, but perhaps in metadata?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 7:45 PM
Maaybe it's a marker for a work, like to generate townies? Hehe i'm not sure actually, nor saw it when looking around in S3OC, but, there are quite some hidden game objects in S3OC like that shader tester thingy and moviemaker chestboard, etc..
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 3:13 AM
I may be remembering using it in 2 instead of 3. But that makes it sound like it is in the files for 3 also.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/NPC_and_Townie_Maker
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 11:42 AM
We could always extract, make sure that you categorise it, and break the game :P
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 12:49 PM Last edited by Nemiga : 21st Feb 2017 at 12:06 PM.
Hmmm...interesting. If this thing is responsible for making townies, maybe someone can make a modded script for it, and it won't generate new townies anymore.That would be really useful, cuz many players are struggling with uncontrollable townies pool size.
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Hmmm...interesting. If this thing is responsible for making townies, maybe someone can make a script for it, and it won't generate new townies anymore.That would be really useful, cuz many players are struggling with uncontrollable townies pool size.

It likely already has a script linked to it, else I guess EA wouldn't have shipped it with the game. But yeah! That would be pretty cool :D