Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:19 AM Last edited by justJones : 10th Feb 2014 at 2:45 PM.
The "Klepto King" Challenge
Hey Guys,

This is the first challenge I have ever thought up, it doesn't have a scoring system because I want it to be simple and sweet, and there is still a way of judging who has scored higher Enough of my rambling, on with the challenge!

The "Klepto King" Challenge

Main Goal: To see how much your house is worth by the time your sim reaches the ripe of age of 90.

Setting up the Challenge

1. Create a sim. They must be a Young Adult. They can be any gender (I called this challenge Klepto King for the alliteration! ) Looks wise: They must wear all black for all of their ourfits, everything else is up to you.
2. Their traits MUST include Kleptomaniac, Mooch, and Evil.
3. Their lifetime wish must be Master-Thief.
4. Purchase the house called "The Monotone". It must be UNFURNISHED. If you want to play in Riverview, please copy this house over.

5. You will see that your house is equipped with the essentials.
6. Buy the most expensive bed (four poster).
7. You are ready to try and become the Klepto King!

Rules

- You are NOT allowed to buy ANYTHING from buy mode. EVER. Everything MUST be stolen from other people's houses. (Yes, you will end up with a very quirky mis-matched house! )
- You are NOT allowed a burglar alarm (The Monotone house shouldn't have one anyway). If you get burgled, that's karma for you!
- You are NOT allowed a job. EVER.
- ALL money and food must be made through mooching off other sims. (You can eat from the fridge if you really want, but this is going to cut into your already miniscule amount of cash!)
- You CANNOT steal or sell seeds.
- If you want, you can steal other sims vegetables by harvesting them. You can then either sell, or harvest these Obviously, this isn't counted in the game as "stealing" so you can help yourself to as much as you like! You CANNOT however grow vegetables on your own lot.
- You CAN steal stuff from community lots.
- Seeing as Klepto's like shiney jewels, you can also make money through cutting gems.
- In the case of metals + space rocks, you can only sell these. You cannot smelt them.
- You CANNOT make money through guitar tips.
- Money made can ONLY be spent on extending the house, hiring a maid, repairman, or babysitter.
- Extending the house includes anything in Build Mode that CANNOT be stolen, e.g. driveways, swimming pools, windows, doors etc. Please remember that plants CAN be stolen.
- You can also get money from selling some of your stolen goods. However, please bear in mind that the goal is to have the highest worth of house, so you want to keep as many objects as possible!
- For instructions on how to steal from a house, see below.
- Once you have stolen the most you can that day (3 items) you CANNOT steal from that same house again. However, you CAN return to mooch money or food off those sims.
- If you are concerned about running out of houses in the neighbourhood to steal from, make sure Story Progression is turned ON. You can steal from the same house if it has a new family in.
- If your sim wants a partner or child, they must have NO income WHATSOEVER, and they are NOT allowed to help swipe.
- Sim Lifespan MUST be set to "Normal: 90 sim days".
- You can ONLY steal from the base-game houses. This makes it fair for everyone, and stops people downloading really expensive houses just for the items.
- You can NEVER return any stolen goods. If you are stuck with 3 cieling lamps from the same house - tough! That's the fun of the game!
- YOU CAN ONLY STEAL A MAXIMUM OF 5 CARS.
- You must place your three stolen objects into your home as soon as you get back from stealing, unless of course you can't. (For example, you can't place a computer down until you have a desk, so you would have to wait until you get a desk to place the computer down also).

How To Steal

1. Go to a sims house.
2. Ask to go inside.
3. Once sun has set, you will be able to click on the floor near an object and select "Swipe Something". It is RANDOM what object near where you slected your sim swipes. (That adds to the fun of hoping to get a tv for your house, only to get yet ANOTHER dining chair!)
4. Once you have stolen 3 items, go back to your house. Your stolen items will be in the FAMILY INVENTORY, which is accessed through Buy Mode.

(A Theify Tip: I would suggest getting to know the sim whos house you target. This way you can mooch off them, and also ask to stay over. This way you can steal from them when they are asleep - if a sim is in the same room as you, you cannot steal, so you could end up being asked to leave before you get a chance to swipe!)

Once the Challenge is complete, post a screenshot of your house with the worth box on show (This comes up in Buy Mode). If you want, you could also post us a screenshot of your Klepto King!

It will be fun to see who can get the highest worth house!

Well guys, I hope I made everything clear and included everything I wanted to, and I hope you enjoy it.

Is it weird that I love asking a sim to stay over, I then nap on their sofa just before they go to bed, as soon as they are asleep I wake up and swipe to my hearts content?? I then return the next day to mooch some food off them! It really gets my adrenalin going!

Hope you like it guys!

Top Ten Kleptos
Klepto King: Sweetswami77 ~ § 197,107
2. amsterdave ~ § 181,258
3. XLStormyLX ~ § 169,681
4. MaryLou ~ § 134,030
5. Numenor ~ § 133,601
6. IChoseThisName ~ § 118,921
7.lilmissmanderson ~ § 99,240
8.smashersaurus ~ § 88,714
9.niloc ~ § 74,109

Alex
xoxo
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:23 AM
Sounds like a fun challenge! I might have to give that a go. In fact, I think I'll do it in Riverview, where the objects to steal are that much more funky.

Edit: I'll have to copy over the Monotome house.
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:56 AM
I like that challenge, too important question: you must have a rule for lifespam, because the longer you live the more you can steel. So what would it be?
Yeah, another question. Can we steel from downloaded houses or just the base ones? Because usually there are much more valuable stuff in the downloaded ones.. Thx for ruling this out, anyway!:D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:10 AM
Lifespan must be normal (90 sim days).
I will say just the base houses, that way everyone gets a fair chance

Thanks for pointing this out, I have added the above to the rules!

Alex
xoxo
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:08 AM
Okay, does that sim has to be a guy or a girl? I would like it with the femme twist. But if I have to do the emo dude, then okay.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:13 AM
The sim can be any gender, I just called the challenge Klepto King for the alliteration :P

Infact, The sim I am using for this challenge at the moment is indeed a woman

Alex
xoxo
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:55 AM Last edited by Mrs. Crumplebottom : 8th Jun 2009 at 4:45 AM.
Oer, I'm doing this. I'll take screenies and maybe make the first TS3 story! Yayz!
Can you sell some of the swiped objects? You know, for food and stuff?

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:53 AM
The sim we create can we self choose if its a YA or a A??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:17 AM
Mrs. Crumplebottom: You can sell swiped objects for money if you really want, but you want as high a worth house as possible.. so selling objects will only decrease that.

LenaLJ: The sim must start as a YA

Alex
xoxo
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:16 PM
When you say "extending the house" does that specifically mean only making it bigger, or can we add something like more driveways if our klepto sim seems to be particularly fond of stealing cars (I guess I'm asking if what we are limited to as far as build mode goes in general)

Great challenge, by the way.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:08 PM
Could someone please take a screen of the house or so?? So i can find it to - im playing the game on danish so the houses didnt have the same names. Ive already made a sim so i just waiting on getting startet :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:33 PM
Thought of another question... can we send gems out to be cut or metals out for whatever they are sent out for (cannot remember the term)? The items are pretty useless if we cannot, but I wanted to make sure before I did.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
Daisie125: I'm not sure if you can steal driveways actually... So I will say that yes, extending the house means stuff in Build Mode that cannot be stolen, for example swimming pools, walls, windows, doors, driveways etc. Plants however CAN be stolen

LenaLJ: I have added a picture of the house to the original post

Daisie125: You CAN make money from getting gems cut ONLY, not metals. Kleptos like jewels! :D

Alex
xoxo
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:22 PM
This is interesting. Does it matter if we do this in riverview (granted that, ofcourse we copy the home to the neighbourhood)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:35 PM
I don't see an issue with doing it in Riverview

Alex
xoxo
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:31 PM
I never even thought about stealing cars! I started doing this and I think I am a wimp. My sim has stolen some things (including a toilet for some reason!), but I drew the line at stealing candy from a baby that lives in one home my sim stole from.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:52 PM
Wow, I'm having so much fun with this wee challenge, so far i've managed to get a level 4 in gardening, a chair, a room divider, a crappy tv and a light rofl....it's all good fun
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Engelke2006
I never even thought about stealing cars! I started doing this and I think I am a wimp. My sim has stolen some things (including a toilet for some reason!), but I drew the line at stealing candy from a baby that lives in one home my sim stole from.

I didn't either! I was trying to steal plants once and a lawn chair the second time. Now my sim has a pickup truck and a sports car!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:23 AM
Awww I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the challenge!

I think I have about 15 dining chairs now... although I would REALLY like to get a desk! Everytime I try and get one, BAM, my sim gets another dining chair.

That's what I love about this challenge!

Alex
xoxo
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:12 AM
My Sim had gotten three dining chairs from the first house he stole from. However he was able to get a sofa, a living room chair, and a stereo from the 2nd house. Now I want to try to get him to steal a car!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:26 AM
I have FINALLY got myself a desk!

Is it weird that now WHENEVER my sim goes into a house I find myself saying "Oooh, that would look so nice in my kitchen!" haha! :D

Alex
xoxo
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:30 AM
I got myself a minivan! Now I am happy!

I have a question, though. Can my sim "steal" fruit and veggies by harvesting from another sim's garden? Would that be considered stealing?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:35 AM Last edited by MrAlex : 9th Jun 2009 at 1:53 AM.
Yes, you can steal other sims vegetables! Obviously this isn't counted in the game as "stealing", so take as much as you like! However, you CANNOT grow vegetables on your own lot

Alex
xoxo
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:02 AM Last edited by discobob2 : 9th Jun 2009 at 2:07 AM. Reason: Fixed Problem
I just started this and my sim has started with §25. Can we sell things we steal?... Ok nevermind i reviewed the instructions so i now know you can
Instructor
#25 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:21 AM
that's cool !!! I'm in !!

question: guitar tips is allowed?
Page 1 of 13